Visit site
✟30,452.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I agree that we need to see imediate results or we will view almost any process as a failure. As for a theocratic Christian army, think your confusing a significent minority with the majority.

A nice idea. But even well meaning democratic idealism can( and has) faltered in the face of ugly realities. I really wouldn't expect that much altruism out of a theocratic Christian army. Past or present.

Upvote 0

~Wisdom Seeker~

INFP the Healer
Supporter
Sep 12, 2003
U.S.A.
✟56,591.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Even us thoroughly ungodly types? :wave:
:D I don't think not believing in God necessarily makes you "ungodly". At least according to the Bible, all men and women were created by God, in their image. Gen. 1:27 ... So, yeah, that means you too. ;)

Upvote 0

SiderealExalt

Feb 25, 2007
✟3,309.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I agree that we need to see imediate results or we will view almost any process as a failure. As for a theocratic Christian army, think your confusing a significent minority with the majority.

Talking hypothetically, not literally.

Upvote 0

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟30,452.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Talking hypothetically, not literally.

Oppressed and desperate people are very dangerous... todays weapons are horibly powerful and if a people who are desperate & oppressed or who percieve themselves as desperate and oppressed get thier hands on such weapons they will most likely use them as they have little or nothing to lose.

I'm not sure the US soldier can help bring Liberty to Afganistan, although I hold out hope becuase we were able to help do it in Japan & South Korea. At some point the Afganies have to become free. Thier Liberty may not look exactly the same as ours, however they have to find thier way to the point that people can speak thier mind, openly express thier beliefs (even if those are minority beliefs) and participate in government. They have to buy into the idea that the way to generate change is through peaceful political process and reject the notion that violence is an acceptable way to bring about change.

Reactions: SiderealExalt
Upvote 0

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟30,452.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If the whole world enjoyed the liberties of our constitution, access to education and opportunity, yes... it would be a much better world.

let's not. would the world really be better off if everyone lived like Americans?

Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If someone wishes to place their own life at risk when proselytizing in a nation hostile toward Christianity, so be it. When such actions place an entire military unit at risk, someone must step in and put a stop to it. It is no different than the military not allowing soldiers to bring inappropriate contentography or pork products into these Muslim countries. We're already deep in hostile territory. There is no need to further jeopardize the lives of our men and women in uniform by smuggling contraband into the country for whatever purpose - be it getting your jollies by looking at smutty pictures, eating a ham sandwich or trying to convince Muslims their religion is wrong.

Upvote 0

Livindesert

Jun 21, 2005
✟2,834.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sometimes you need to force open democracy as happened in Japan. The Japanese were forced to accept religous freedom and for the most part they still rejected Christianity. That was their choice. Everyone should be able to choose thier religion or no religion just as God gave us a choice to choose or reject Jesus.
Now is democracy perfect? No, because people are not perfect. It is the best thing going though.
Now I get why they burned the bibles but I do wish they could have respected the Christian cultural sensitivites,as we should respect others cultures and found a better way to get rid of them without destroying them or sending them back to the group that sent them out in the first palce.

Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sometimes you need to force open democracy

But who are we to foist democracy upon the rest of the world? I get that a free country is a wonderful thing, far superior to living in a communist or theocratic country; however, we shouldn't be over in countries where certain laws are in place to protect the citizens undermining their laws by engaging in activities considered unlawful.

Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Love my wife, 2 sons and Daughter. God is great!!
Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My fellow taxpayers & I aren't paying for them to be over there preaching to the locals. We're paying them to do soldier stuff. They should get on with it and leave the preaching to the experts.

The experts are hiding in the "states" to scared to leave thier comfrot zone and do what Jesus told us to do (Matthew 28:16-20). There are only a few of us who are willing to leave our famlies,friends and all our comfrots to pursue the lost who need Jesus (Matthew 9:37).

Anyway it sounds like the soldiers are the ones who are doing what God has commanded them to do and yet there are some here who say they are christians condemning these soldiers for putting their life on the line for our country and more then that for the message of Jesus Christ. We should be praising God for these brave people who are pursuing the lost and saving people's souls, NOT condemning them!

By reaching people and changing peoples hearts for Jesus will bring peace alot faster then this war will.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Axioma

Eccentric, Culture Ulterior (Absconded)
Aug 10, 2008
✟17,276.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
By reaching people and changing peoples hearts for Jesus will bring peace alot faster then this war will.
Because nothing brings peace faster than a man with a gun and a holy book showing up in your neighborhood to tell you that your god is wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Followers4christ

Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We will find out soon. I never understood why it was so hard for some people to separate work and religion.

Because We are first and foremost soldiers in God's army (2 Timothy 2 3-4) and then man's. Our first allegance is to our lord Jesus Christ and then our job. We cannot separate our faith in God and work because our faith defines us as a person, it's what makes us better workers in the office and better soldiers on the field.

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men,

Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Coercion does not need a gun.

Like I said, they already have a God.

They have a false God that only leads to more violence and death. What these soldiers were preaching is a God of mercy and love. The people in Iraq believe that they must kill Jews and infidals to enter heaven. But the message of Jesus Christ can bring them a hope and a love that will never die. A message of a true God that paid for thier sins on the cross and is alive today perparing a place for them.

Upvote 0

Axioma

Eccentric, Culture Ulterior (Absconded)
Aug 10, 2008
✟17,276.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Because We are first and foremost soldiers in God's army (2 Timothy 2 3-4) and then man's. Our first allegance is to our lord Jesus Christ and then our job. We cannot separate our faith in God and work because our faith defines us as a person, it's what makes us better workers in the office and better soldiers on the field.
You sound more like traitors and oathbreakers to me.

Upvote 0

TemperateSeaIsland

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi
Aug 7, 2005
Wales, UK
✟21,785.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The experts are hiding in the "states" to scared to leave thier comfrot zone and do what Jesus told us to do (Matthew 28:16-20). There are only a few of us who are willing to leave our famlies,friends and all our comfrots to pursue the lost who need Jesus (Matthew 9:37).

Anyway it sounds like the soldiers are the ones who are doing what God has commanded them to do and yet there are some here who say they are christians condemning these soldiers for putting their life on the line for our country and more then that for the message of Jesus Christ. We should be praising God for these brave people who are pursuing the lost and saving people's souls, NOT condemning them!

I really don't care if some soldier wants to risk his own life by antagonizing the locals with his preaching; if he gets killed so be it. But through his meddling the soldier may also be risking the lives of his fellow soldiers (some who don't agree with his message) and the whole war effort. TO me thats very very selfish.

Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

gnomon

Nov 13, 2007
✟797.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
They have a false God that only leads to more violence and death. What these soldiers were preaching is a God of mercy and love. The people in Iraq believe that they must kill Jews and infidals to enter heaven. But the message of Jesus Christ can bring them a hope and a love that will never die. A message of a true God that paid for thier sins on the cross and is alive today perparing a place for them.

Got any evidence to back up that claim?

Upvote 0

SiderealExalt

Feb 25, 2007
✟3,309.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men,

Then don't join the military. There is no place for religious fanatics there.

Neither Christian zealots or Islamic jihadists are friends of America or of Earth really. If my choice is between one fanatic or the other, I'll gladly reject both.

Upvote 0

bigbadwilf

Drinking from the glass half-empty
Dec 22, 2008
Oxford, UK
✟8,706.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
:thumbsup:

What the world really needs is some quiet out-of-the-way place that they could both declare was theirs by ancient right of conquest, where we could evacuate the civilians and innocent bystanders and leave them to it...

Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They have a false God that only leads to more violence and death. What these soldiers were preaching is a God of mercy and love. The people in Iraq believe that they must kill Jews and infidals to enter heaven.

Because the Bible has far less violence contained within its pages than the Koran? Muslims that believe in "slaying the infidels" are no more devout than Christians who bomb abortion clinics and are rejected by the majority of the adherents of Islam.

But the message of Jesus Christ can bring them a hope and a love that will never die. A message of a true God that paid for thier sins on the cross and is alive today perparing a place for them.
And how would you react if a foreign military made its presence known in your home town, bombed your neighborhood, rolled tanks down your street and then one day a guy shows up at your door with a copy of the Koran and tells you that your God is a farce and that your religion is wrong?

By the way, you guys (Christians and Muslims) should get along. You worship the same deity for Pete's sake!

Upvote 0

Followers4christ

Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Then don't join the military. There is no place for religious fanatics there.

Neither Christian zealots or Islamic jihadists are friends of America or of Earth really. If my choice is between one fanatic or the other, I'll gladly reject both.

Wow I did not no that a person could not be a christian and join the miltary.You obviously did not read post #75! If you did and checked the links out you would see that the our founding fathers were heavly influenced by christianity.

By saying saying "christians" are not friends of America shows your arrogance, because this nation was founded on the christian faith. The early colonies came to America to express their faith freely which was christianity. Its obvious if you dig up the history of America that so many people have tried to bury and look in to the lives of the founders, you can see that the founders wanted a country where they could express their faith freely in all matters of life in public and in government.

“What students would learn in American schools above all is the religion of Jesus Christ.”- George Washington [speech to the Delaware Indian Chiefs May 12, 1779]

Upvote 0