Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Robert43 said:
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America denounced the security barrier Israel is building along the West Bank, saying Saturday that Israeli policy throughout the territories has brought "extreme hardship" to Palestinians.

http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/montereyherald/news/nation/12377481.htm

I wonder how many bombs would have to go off in their neighborhood before a wall went up. Heck, come to think of it the US deposed two governments, so far, with armed invasions because of terrorist attacks.

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

April Showers and Easter 2024!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟569,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
newlamb said:
I wonder how many Lutherans live in gated-communities for fear of muggers and home invaders. How much more to fear a man in a coat with explosives strapped to his chest. :cry:

I think we all need to live in gated-communities in order to know what the Isreal citizens do feel.

Upvote 0

MaryS

Sep 12, 2004
✟3,195.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
I wonder how many of the churches that are disconnecting from Israel are members of the aryan nations? Hate to even go to their site, but had to check their attitude on the war and Israel....sure enough, they're virulently opposed to the war and they even have a graphic with the "Uncle Sam Wants You", but it's indicating Uncle Sam wants white men to fight for Israel.
www.aryan-nations.org

David Duke, a well-known white supremacist, also has his anti-war/anti-Israel rants: http://www.davidduke.com/index.php?p=350

Come on, folks, tell the children the truth!
www.tellthechildrenthetruth.com Arab NAZI's, past and present

Upvote 0

mutantleader

Jul 7, 2005
✟686.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
My neighbor built a fence in my backyard. I tried to tear it down, but he claims that the original owner promised it to him. My family has owned our property for many generations. The fence has been there for more than a year now, and I am afraid to tear it down because my neighbor is much bigger than me. Last week he began building a shed on the other side of the fence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MaryS

Sep 12, 2004
✟3,195.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
MiccyNarc said:
Yes, because he forgot to mention that the land his neighbor lives on currently was stolen from him in 1948.
[/size][/color][/font]

HUH? I wonder how he would feel if he were told to leave the property he bought and maintained for years so that the previous landowners could have it?

No one stole any land to create Israel. Some Arabs were involved in the creation of a Jewish homeland that the USA decided to name Israel. The Arab Jews that were murdered and persecuted during WWII needed to gather together to defend themselves.

Amos Oz, the Israeli novelist, summed up the reality of Israel's present situation best:
"In the 1930s, our enemies said: 'Jews to Palestine.' Now they say: 'Jews out of Palestine.' They don't want us to be here. They don't want us to be there.
They don't want us to be."

The Arabs and/or Muslims of today control 22 nations... 99½ percent of the ENTIRE Middle East land mass while Israel occupies only a 1/2 of 1 percent speck on this same map. But that's still too much land for the Arabs to spare. They want it all. How often have we heard their familiar cry, "We will fight to our last drop of blood for for every last grain of sand!" And that is ultimately what all the fighting is about today. And no matter how many land concessions the Israelis might make for "peace," it will never be enough! Any peace treaty between Israel and the Arab world are ultimately meaningless. Even the Israeli-Egyptian and Israeli-Jordanian peace treaties are holding on by a single thread and, if you were to read their government-controlled newspapers, you'd think they were still at war with Israel!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
newlamb said:
I wonder how many Lutherans live in gated-communities for fear of muggers and home invaders. How much more to fear a man in a coat with explosives strapped to his chest. :cry:

What gets me more is how Christians are turning their backs to Israel more and more and trying to either side neutral or worse, side with Palestine. There are plenty of Palestinian Christians but I still don't see how one can see the unfair way Israel is being treated, and lets not even talk about what outcomes the Gaza withdrawal will bring for the peace process.

Let's not talk about it because there is no outcome.

Reactions: BarbB
Upvote 0

MaryS

Sep 12, 2004
✟3,195.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
MiccyNarc said:

What a lot of slanted "statistics". They don't even mention the billions of dollars the US government has poured into the Palestinian cause. There's no mention of the fact that when Palestinians are murdered by their own or by neighboring Arab nations, the Palestinians chalk it up to Israel. The biggest massacre of Palestinians was carried out by Lebanese.

Tell the Palestinian nuts to take a clue from Hillary Clinton:

Hillary speaking to AIPAC:
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3089902,00.html
(excerpts:

She said Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas...must “dismantle the
structures of terror the Palestinian leadership has employed for so long.”
Abbas must be held responsible, Clinton said.

Europe must also work to cut off funding for Islamic Jihad and Hamas, she said.
Clinton...called on the Palestinian Authority to end incitement, hatred and
anti-Semitism in its schoolbooks. She described use of such material as
tantamount to “child abuse.”
==========================
When the Arabs stop training their children to hate and encouraging them to be martyrs in the name of Allah, then we may be seeing more Arabs living peacefully with Israelis.

Even www.tellthechildrenthetruth.com is far more balanced than the link you provided. At least they include amnesty and human rights watch in their links of reference.

Upvote 0