Hilliard, Ohio, USA
✟25,599.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
From the source:"adding balance" in the classroom, since "academia is skewed too far to the left." As much as I agree that "academia is skewed too far to the left" I do not think adding a right / conservative viewpoint is necessarily the answer, either.How about we just stick to the facts, correct whatever left-wing BS is currently in the books, and get on with things.

Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
I say my AP History teacher should be video taped lecturing and have the videos dispensed in place of a text book. She basically recited the entirety of US history from the first settlers to present day, going far enough in detail to cover, for example, why ever single President won against who they were running against (as well as the full lineups of who was running, including third parties that really didn't matter, and vice presidents), from memory.

Upvote 0

exotic walrus

Aug 11, 2009
Australia
✟814.00
Faith
Atheist
Well that's funny because none of that falls under the category of imperialism.

Yes it does.

but we aren't evil either, and that's what some kids are being taught in school today by these globalism loving, America-hating, commie teachers.

So in other words you like to cover your ears with your hands and say 'lalalala' out loud?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Because nine times out of ten a person's perception of issues changes once they reach a certain point in their adult years. Usually it happens when a person gets married or becomes a parent. Sometimes it takes until a person is around thirty years of age. All I can say is that the opinions you have now are highly likely to change and you will look back at twenty and think "my, my, how silly I was". Just as I will do the same looking back at twenty-nine when I am nearing forty.

No you won't.

Signed, a forty-year-old. :p

Until something more believable presents itself....

Thankfully you don't have to believe anything to trust the biological sciences. The facts stand quite well on their own without any belief involved at all.

Upvote 0

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good. The progressives have done enough damage. It is time for accurate text books.

If you have read the news bit you'd see that the Texas influence is nothing new... so if the textbooks are problematic it's got nothing to do with "progressives" That history textbooks are due for an overhaul is the only reason for a "new" story on the topic.

Upvote 0