Two dreams about fighting demons

jc9992

Oct 2, 2006
Florida
✟7,946.00
Faith
Pentecostal
So this is kind of weird and im sorry if my post is long but recently ive had 2 very vivid dreams that both involved me fighting demons.

In the first dream i was flying over a volcano that was linked to hell, but there was a rock platform above the volcano lava, where a very large demon that had horns and multiple arms was waiting for me, i was flown onto the platform and forced to fight the demon, i kept saying out loud, "i cant beat this, its too big!" but a voice kept repeating "yes you can, you have to". The demon kept swinging at me, but i tried to avoid it,i started praying and then suddenly a sword appeared and i took the sword and hit the demon with it just a few times , but that was all it took because the demon then fell down into hell. I then heard a voice say "You need to get out of here", and i was like "but i cant its too hard", i attempted to just let my self fall, but then all of a sudden, time stopped and i heard "You cant fall into hell, you have to get out". cutting to the chase, i eventually DID get out and then my dream ended as soon as i escaped the volcano.

In the second dream i was sitting in the car with my uncle and i was driving him somewhere, he told me that he kept getting phone calls from a satanic cult that was coming after him, he said that he didnt know how they knew who he was, then i said to him "could it be someone you know thats telling them about you?" he said he wasnt sure and then he started to cry and then he hugged me. Thats when i realized it was not actually my uncle but a demon masking as my uncle, because while he was hugging me, he revealed his true monstrous form and started holding me down and trying to bite me. He spoke in a very weird deep voice and said "im going to re-create you, to be more like me!" I was being squashed and i was completely trapped in the seat of my car, so i started trying to pray, but he was choking me so i couldnt talk, but i kept trying and then i started trying to call on the name of Jesus, at first i could barely whisper it, but i as kept trying, the demon's grip loosened, He yelled at me "What are you saying!?" Stop!" Eventually i was able to audibly call on the Lord and the demon was forced to let go of me and he disappeared, and i felt incredible relief, and as soon as i was able to get him off of me my dream ended.

I do not know why I have had these dreams. I would be lying if i said they didnt have a somewhat similar theme to my battles with sin in my own life. They do. I just dont understand why ive had 2 of them so recently. Another thing is how similar both dreams were despite the setting and situation being different, both involved me facing powerful enemies in a situation where the odds were against me, but i was able to overcome them after calling on the Lord for strength. I know that seems to be a pretty straight forward message, but does anyone have a guess as to why i might be having these dreams? Are they not important at all? or perhaps more important than i think?

Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
i kept saying out loud, "i cant beat this, its too big!" but a voice kept repeating "yes you can, you have to". ...i started praying and then suddenly a sword appeared and i took the sword and hit the demon with it just a few times , but that was all it took because the demon then fell down into hell. I then heard a voice say "You need to get out of here", and i was like "but i cant its too hard"

i kept trying and then i started trying to call on the name of Jesus, at first i could barely whisper it, but i as kept trying, the demon's grip loosened, He yelled at me "What are you saying!?" Stop!" Eventually i was able to audibly call on the Lord and the demon was forced to let go of me

It sounds like a training video. Do you remember what the sword of the Lord is, in scriptures? God's Word is like a two-edged sword, rightly dividing truth. Hebrews 4:12

Not by might, not by power, but by My Spirit, saith the Lord.
Take a look at the chapter where you'd find, "A sword for the LORD and for Gideon!"
Search for: Judges 7 - Bible Search - Reference Desk - StudyLight.org

It will give you more insight on the concept of how God's battles are fought.

Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, And a two-edged sword in their hand.
Your power is in your praise of God's ability and intent to save you. It is not in your own hands -- it is in your voice and heart. The power exists in His Word, His promise, His intent. When you use scriptures, His Word, you become a mighty warrior for the Kingdom. In your own strength, you are operating on a plane that will lead you to capture and defeat.

The Armor of God - Eph 6

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.

In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

Upvote 0

MastersPiece

May 29, 2012
Seated in Heavenly Places
✟3,174.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
i started trying to call on the name of Jesus, at first i could barely whisper it, but i as kept trying, the demon's grip loosened, He yelled at me "What are you saying!?" Stop!"
This is your weapon - and the only effective weapons are those the Lord gives us.
I used to have dreams of demons all the time when I was younger - a barrage of them. And then I found out I was called to work in deliverance...lol! If this is your call, it is not boring! Also, I want to assure you that the Lord will bring you through your cleansing of whatever sins you're currently grappling with - Just keep calling on His name over & over again - it's all about His strength & His beautiful heart of faithfulness towards us imperfect beings.
You are blessed & He is with you.

Upvote 0