trying not to feel like a failure or 'behind ' in life..

Faithfulandtrue

Follow of Jesus Christ
Jun 24, 2014
✟40,012.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I'm 23 which is still young but I have been feeling like a failure lately because other people my age have gone to college or are getting married. I work minimum wage job which I think is great for my age but other people (regular customers, church members, people outside of my family and friends) are always pestering me about school or rubbing it in my face that so and so from high school is now engaged...I just feel like I'm always behind in life stages. I got my drivers license last year which was something people used to pester me about. I know these people may have good intentions but it is secretly hurting my feelings allot. I didn't get financial aid so I'm not going to school this semester. Just wish people where more considerate before they say things.:-( its not that I'm lazy or not trying but that the means to get these goals are not avaible yet. I feel like people see me as less than others because I haven't been there yet.

davidcrosby

Aug 7, 2016
US
✟8,328.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My life is a medical issue poverty stricken everyday struggle, so I'm feeling you sister. And I lift you up to our lord Who wants to prepare you for His (and your) purpose in all you go through. Keep in mind how Jesus talks about taking the lowly set at the Kings table so you can be exalted there of.
Keeping you in prayer sister.

Upvote 0

Ash8676

Seeker of Answers To Life
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2013
So.Cal, Chino Hills
✟91,470.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Praying for you and that God deal with anyone hurting your feelings.

I understand what you are going through, even though I have Asperger's, I had my share of people pestering me about catching up with my peers. I got my license at 20, I was pestered by family and friends to get it at 16, but I eventually got it. I have lots of medical problems that hinder me from doing certain things, I am just getting to go back to school at my age, it is going to be hard and I am not one for college. I hope things get better for you and that God helps you when facing anyone pestering you about things. I hope you have a blessed morning, day and evening.

Upvote 0

chapmic

Follower of Jesus
Site Supporter
Sep 16, 2014
✟50,507.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Praying for you, Your situation is temporary and God loves you regardless of your accomplishments. Praying that you will find peace with him and that you will be able to take advantage of all the daily blessings he gives. God bless you, your future is in the Lord's hands!

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Praying for you, that you will know the path that the Father wants you to take,

'In all things put God first, and he will direct you and crown your efforts with success
f1071d479868e23baa3cfa3df88dd2e9.jpg

May the Lord bless you richly with his presence today...

Upvote 0

blessedbethyname101

Dec 30, 2015
north pole
✟9,406.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
To the OP,
Please don't despair! I quit high school and received a GED instead. Then, I went to college. I started from junior college and then transferred to a four-year college. Nothing is impossible. In God's eyes, no one is a failure. You are a success! I have been a high-school dropout, but graduated with honors. I tell you, since one does academically well does not mean much in life. Work experience is more important, I believe. Thus, I would not worry. I would try to keep on building your resume while trying to go to college. I have had my share of success and also failures. I have been homeless since I did not take my medication for awhile. But, I am now working and am living independently. Life is not a destination, but a journey. Life is a ride through the valleys and sometimes mountains as well. I would not worry about comparing yourself to others and don't listen to those who hurt you. At your age, I understand your peers are important. However, you should put God first and pray to Him daily for understanding. He will answer your prayers. It is good others are praying for you! I would depend on God in times of need. Your worries are understood by God and others here. You are in a temporary situation which will change soon. Have faith in God and the rest will follow.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

davidcrosby

Aug 7, 2016
US
✟8,328.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Like the old saying goes: fruit doesn't grow on mountain tops (it's down in the valley it grows). Just live your life with God as He is living it with you. You're not anywhere He doesn't want you to be... and I'm sure there's fruit He is producing in you that others will never be able to grow.

Upvote 0
Aug 12, 2016
Okinawa
✟15,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Prayers to you! I have always felt similar to you. I'm 34, and just now going back to school because of the path God has chosen for me. Some pretty amazing things happened along the way though, and even though many people I know are getting their Master's degree now, I don't let that weigh me down. We are each living our own lives according to God. He will do things in His timing, not our own, but at the end of the day, it is preparing us for what's to come. Please don't let other people get you down. Look to Him and let him guide your path!

Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

Zeenosue

Feb 4, 2016
Guadalajara
✟16,047.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think everything that could be said has already being said, calm down, there's no pressure to live your life how others tell you to, you should actually just continue to live your life according to God's will and trust me that, in that way, you would already have progressed so much more than others. I say it because getting married or starting school is kind of worthless when you don't do it according to God's will. What's the point of getting married before 25 if it's not going to be with right person under the right circumstances? Come on sister, you keep doing your thing, knowing that God is already proud of you for having a strong relationship with Him, which is what matters at the end.

Praying for you to feel better ;)

Upvote 0