Farine

Jun 30, 2016
Santa Clarita, CA
✟28,882.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As a surrendered believer in Jesus Christ, we are able to convey our joy to other believers (through speaking ministry, corporate praise, intercessory prayer, comfort, laying on of hands, encouragement, brotherly fellowship of 2-more, and any other way that I don't know) by understanding our roles with the meekness it takes to convey joy.

I've had a high maintenance assignment too.. As you mention, you do learn. The joy part comes in seeing God's contribution.

Having joy in the Lord Who saved Her and was continually revealing Himself to her...

Yes, that! If a person has never experienced God's involvement in another person's life, what a loss! Sometimes, in the current challenges it helps to go back in memory to one of those times. I'm not speaking a foreign language. Honestly. To the heart that is thrashing around in grief, it seems that way. God as the ultimate communicator never misses His mark. He is kind without being weak. He is thorough without being patronizing. And God is delicately, precisely aware of our injuries while getting all the inner places He needs to go.

Sometimes we know the results of our labors. It sounds like at some point, this sister you were ministering to went in a direction where you lost contact. Just know the labor and love were not wasted. Not at all.

Having said that, conveying joy rarely boils down to the delivery of a few words. It sometimes requires discipling outside the comforts of what we're used to. Farine, I've been amazed by your experience in that.

Thank you. It seems to be a sort of dance. The Spirit moves and breathes on a life. There is prompting on our spirits to respond. Sometimes it is just to pray. And then the grief filled person takes in a deep breath.. of love.. of hope. Some awareness stirs. It is at that precise moment when I am most in awe of God. How did He lift up that heart?

For the woman who lost her children after being evacuated from New Orleans, even two weeks separation is 'the valley of the shadow of death'.. it sounds like it went on for much, much longer. I am aware of many situations where the problems run deep.. in a similar sense to the woman you describe. Grief often shuts down someone to hearing the very message that would give them resources. I'm pleased to hear that your sister in the Lord heard you (and others) as she went through the days trying to understand what had happened to her.

Yes, there is joy for the grieving. God's art in the soul is part of it. The promises in the Bible are powerful. To the woman who was evacuated from Katrina and then lost her children, I would say "I'm so sorry." Then, as you mentioned, there are practical ways to participate in her life (without taking over). Somewhere in the days to come after that series of blows would be a path back to wholeness.

Upvote 0

Farine

Jun 30, 2016
Santa Clarita, CA
✟28,882.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Honesty.

Authentic. Real. Credible. Transparent. Stable.

I could have chosen a lot of words for this topic. Yes, there are a lot of verses that connect with these concepts. Rather than fill this topic with those verses we all know, let's talk about how this looks in our time. We have a presidential race in America where this quality is threatened. (No, this isn't a political post). We know what interactions look like that are missing this. What IS honesty as related to truth and truth-filled messengers?

Do we admit mistakes? Are we accountable? I do think honesty and humility are closely connected.

My mood stinks. That's why it's after 9:30 am on the time stamp on this post. Somehow, I've managed to lose most of my husband's load of underwear. Hello. Living life over here and sometimes, it's not pretty. Although it can be funny. Confronted with the naked truth this morning, my husband teased me "I feel freeeeeee!" ....

Thank God for grace. I may have to go and buy him some more today. I may have to spend an extra hour in prayer while I clean the house for my parents' imminent arrival this weekend. There needs to be some grace all around while God lifts me out of the mood I'm in.

Can we talk about what life really is about while we contend with matters big and small? I apparently need remedial laundry classes. My daughter (15) needs to go grocery shopping (my husband volunteered to take her this weekend) so that the complaining STOPS for a few days. Meh. LIfe is also celebratory. I turn 50 this week. My birthday is Monday. I'm still here. Thank God!

What do I focus on? Honestly, that's a good question. If your situation is peppered with challenges, it's good to be able to mention that. It's good to be able to have support. You could pray for me. I could pray for you. Can we at least in this anonymous environment where we're not even using our given names, say what really is happening in our lives? What could go wrong with saying how you really are? You could be surprised with the giftings of fellow Believers.... Just sayin'

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Honesty.

Authentic. Real. Credible. Transparent. Stable.

I could have chosen a lot of words for this topic. Yes, there are a lot of verses that connect with these concepts. Rather than fill this topic with those verses we all know, let's talk about how this looks in our time. We have a presidential race in America where this quality is threatened. (No, this isn't a political post). We know what interactions look like that are missing this. What IS honesty as related to truth and truth-filled messengers?

Do we admit mistakes? Are we accountable? I do think honesty and humility are closely connected.

My mood stinks. That's why it's after 9:30 am on the time stamp on this post. Somehow, I've managed to lose most of my husband's load of underwear. Hello. Living life over here and sometimes, it's not pretty. Although it can be funny. Confronted with the naked truth this morning, my husband teased me "I feel freeeeeee!" ....

Thank God for grace. I may have to go and buy him some more today. I may have to spend an extra hour in prayer while I clean the house for my parents' imminent arrival this weekend. There needs to be some grace all around while God lifts me out of the mood I'm in.

Can we talk about what life really is about while we contend with matters big and small? I apparently need remedial laundry classes. My daughter (15) needs to go grocery shopping (my husband volunteered to take her this weekend) so that the complaining STOPS for a few days. Meh. LIfe is also celebratory. I turn 50 this week. My birthday is Monday. I'm still here. Thank God!

What do I focus on? Honestly, that's a good question. If your situation is peppered with challenges, it's good to be able to mention that. It's good to be able to have support. You could pray for me. I could pray for you. Can we at least in this anonymous environment where we're not even using our given names, say what really is happening in our lives? What could go wrong with saying how you really are? You could be surprised with the giftings of fellow Believers.... Just sayin'
we can .. and we rejoice in it for life is not "it" but "who" :D :D.. umm i added a way long post to this about the mundanity of life with referenced to the cruch of the steps under my feet in every day weights we walk in .. and lost it lol.. no time now .. next time lol

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Farine
Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2012
over here in Texas
✟63,321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

LOL Honesty on this level is much needed among brothers and sisters in Christ. It allows transparency. It certainly gives me the opportunity to say, "Hey, this is going on in my life. Please pray for me as I pray for your situation." And saying that, I can do it with more genuineness with the level of honesty that you exemplify putting your own situation out there for us to examine as a point.

I can certainly relate to the challenge of teenagers. I feel more understood in a prayer circle where I'm vulnerable when there's someone who can relate to me as a mom of high-maintenance teens, kindergartner, and college kid - all of whom pull me in so many different directions inside/outside the home that I can often feel like a failure. Certainly, 2 Corinthians 12 reminds me that in our weakness, Jesus is our strength. Also, that added bonus of a transparent testimony, provided in the likeness of Galatians 6:1-2, helps.

With your mention of the political arena, I believe that our honesty as messengers of the gospel can actually impact those who are in the political arena. But because there is so much compromising of the gospel that results in fronts and image as opposed to there being the much needed stability in God's Word/the transparency/the credibility that we are to have, we can't effectively plant/water seeds into key public figures. (I can see failure on my part here, too, while also relying on grace for correction moving forward. Just your mention of politics reminds me of something I have to do in prayer.) Paul ministered to King Agripa. Herod listened to John the Baptist. Sure, those kings greatly persecuted them in their own ways. But the seeds were planted/watered by God's people, who didn't compromise His Word but instead chose to minister It with bold HONESTY despite the risk of persecution.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Farine

Jun 30, 2016
Santa Clarita, CA
✟28,882.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
we can .. and we rejoice in it for life is not "it" but "who" :D :D.. umm i added a way long post to this about the mundanity of life with referenced to the cruch of the steps under my feet in every day weights we walk in .. and lost it lol.. no time now .. next time lol

We've all that experience.. losing a long post. It means a lot to me that you wrote it even if I didn't get to read it. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Farine

Jun 30, 2016
Santa Clarita, CA
✟28,882.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I can certainly relate to the challenge of teenagers. I feel more understood in a prayer circle where I'm vulnerable when there's someone who can relate to me as a mom of high-maintenance teens, kindergartner, and college kid - all of whom pull me in so many different directions inside/outside the home that I can often feel like a failure. Certainly, 2 Corinthians 12 reminds me that in our weakness, Jesus is our strength. Also, that added bonus of a transparent testimony, provided in the likeness of Galatians 6:1-2, helps.

(((Hugs)))

I can really relate. God is faithful. That's why I'm not crazy despite all the opportunities. A support group for parents of teenagers sounds lovely. Sign me up.

As virtues are more often caught than taught, the pressures are on to model what we'd like to see in them. Yet there are times when we fail. I am grateful that my daughters work with me instead of needlessly oppose me. When they do have issues, at least I know down deep in my heart that they feel very strongly about it even if they go about it in totally the wrong way.....

Couple of points. Had a conversation with both girls about what happens when a person gets so poor that they are eating Ramen as a regular meal selection. That this level of need could be on them as they journey towards financial independence. This brought up a lot of interesting coping strategies as they thought through what they would do if their financials were really, really tight. For example, would the offer of a restaurant meal from a date change how they would respond if they were that poor? OR.. would they pool their resources with say, a room mate, so they could afford a little better food. How would that work? This brought in the opportunity to talk about how God provides, etc. This also pointed them towards how we manage the food grocery budget here now.

Last thought for now.. my daughter's after school conversation was about public safety with the threat of people dressing as clowns especially because of upcoming Halloween. They expressed concern because with so many in costumes, these criminals would have more places to work in. Godly wisdom and also godly protection was mentioned. We don't have to live in fear. It's important also to pray about these kinds of threats. We do have a means to respond even when we don't know the details..

Upvote 0

Farine

Jun 30, 2016
Santa Clarita, CA
✟28,882.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Whirlwind Experience.

This is a powerful encounter with God related starting in Job 38. Here are the first few verses. Even the opening statement lets you know the overall tone of the dialogue.

Then the Lord spoke to Job out of the storm. He said: “Who is this that obscures my plans with words without knowledge? Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me. “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation? Tell me, if you understand...”

God speaking out of a storm? Picture this.

storm clouds.jpg

God still does that--speak to people out of storms. A storm of life might be how a saint related that his prison experience was what made his heart soft enough to receive Jesus. My Father in Law's faith was ignited after my husband survived his cancer experience. Seeing his only child go through that terrible time with its subsequent resolution convinced him.

This one phrase 'words without knowledge' sums up human understanding as it comes to God's plans. The people we are sent to often ask WHY? We should hesitate to answer that question. Every time. Besides, knowing why really doesn't help faith develop. If you read on in Job 38 proceeding through a few chapters until the conclusion where Job repents, there's no explanation provided to Job on why he suffered. None.

Speaking out of the storm is very holy, sacred moment. If God uses you to do this, it calls for total respect. During one of my darkest times of life, God used me to communicate with a young man. I had to set aside my pain to obey God.

It started out simple enough. It was a hot summer day and I took my young school aged children to the local pool. There was a birthday celebration for some young men going on already there. Good-naturedly, they wanted me to enjoy their party too by offering me a beer. One of the birthday attenders was a young man in incredible physical condition and I did my best to focus on my children instead of admiring his physique. There came a moment when our eyes met anyway. I think he sensed something about me. He motioned me over and said "I want to ask you a question."

The conversation turned spiritual almost immediately. That's when God took over. There was a word of knowledge about something that no one else would have known. It got his attention immediately. He had spent his whole life preparing to be a professional football player. His childhood faith had shipwrecked on trying drugs and mandatory drug testing had squashed his career aspirations. He wasn't prepared to support himself any other way. He looked me right in the eye and said "Tell me what God's message is."

If you have that kind of moment, there's only one thing to do. Let God do God stuff. I don't know how this glancing connection turned out. That is the end of that story. He went back to his friends. I supervised the girls fun and did some swimming myself. We parted ways.

Someone reading this is having a storm of life. You need to know God still speaks out of storms. If God directly communicates, make no mistake about His tone. I recommend reading Job's encounter. If God sends a person, make no mistake about His tone. It shouldn't matter which way God chooses to speak....

Upvote 0

Farine

Jun 30, 2016
Santa Clarita, CA
✟28,882.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Freedom...

Can freedom and God's thundering voice be related? What would prompt the Almighty to rise up and powerfully respond to people? Among the many things that sin is likened to, slavery is one of them. If God is your Dad, wouldn't He be VERY involved and even upset that you were in slavery? What about not fulfilling your potential? Most Fathers have instincts about guiding their children past mediocrity.

So what does freedom look like? First of all, freedom FROM sin exists. 2 Corinthians 3:16-18
But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.​

holy_spirit_fire_by_jpsmsu40.jpg

Next question. Do we want it? Don't assume the answer is yes. There are a whole lot of people who are pretty sure they don't. You can't adjust their perspective without getting free yourself. If you get this kind of supernatural freedom, you get to be a walking billboard for THEM.. whoever THEY may be. Paul called this type of persuasion 'Christ's ambassadors'.

2 Corinthians 5:19-21
...that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.​

Righteousness ? Freedom from sin's domination? In other words it is possible to be tempted AND NOT SIN.

Our topic of authentic messengers from God, so often rejected, gets supercharged when declaring that God's authentic messengers have supernatural freedom. That's part of the wherever the Spirit of the Lord is.. and with an authentic messenger, The LORD is with them. I could say, in humor, 'It's a perk'.

For example, it's possible to walk away from a disappointing experience and believe "All things work out for good for those who love God and who are the called according to His purpose." And then have a cheerful thought that 'won't they be surprised when this whole thing resolves?"

THere are times when God insists that a relationship get snipped. Pruning is a type of cutting. At the time, it feels bad. Time reveals that being free from that connection was important.

Being free to associate with people. If you are REALLY free, you can impact sinners more than they impact you. Jesus partied. The sinners were changed by proximity to Him rather than tempting Jesus out of His mission.

Freedom can be a burden in that once you are supernaturally free, you suddenly see all those who are stuck. God helps you with that burden too. We realize after a few minutes consideration that God intervened in our lives. It was His participation that changed us. God has to be the active ingredient. When you realize THAT, then you can have joy again.

If you are not experiencing freedom, seek it. Don't settle. You're supposed to have freedom. It's meant to be sweeping, broad, all-encompassing, dramatic, bold, permanent. If life is a pale, wilted version of that, let's talk. I'm living proof that freedom exists in the full measure mentioned in the Bible.

Upvote 0

Farine

Jun 30, 2016
Santa Clarita, CA
✟28,882.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Acquiring Freedom.

I'm thinking some would like to know more about the freedom mentioned yesterday whether or not anyone made a remark. If wrong, check in tomorrow for a new topic (probably).

Starting with Matthew 13:44-45, these parables illustrate a transaction between God and individual people.

“The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.​

“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it.”​

Two metaphors that are clearly linked here about the Kingdom of Heaven describe selling everything to obtain (joyously) something of great value. Salvation is not of works. These passages are not talking about salvation because that is a free gift upon believing that Jesus died for your sins. These passages are talking about redemption of your soul. Sanctification.

Much earlier in this discussion, weeks and weeks ago, we mentioned Simon becoming Peter. It's Peter writing in his epistle that describes transformation. 2 Peter 1:3-4

His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.​

Freedom (from sin's domination) is participation in the divine nature. Peter links that participation with escaping the corruption in the world.

What is the biggest reason people are not experiencing this reality, in my opinion?

Staying an arm's length away from God. "I want my own space." This interestingly was part of the problem for biblical Israelites. Remember, much of their history they lived not in permanent houses, but in tents. God explains the heart condition of the Israelites in Ezekiel 23 with a parable about two sisters. In God's parable, He refers to northern Israel (Samaria) with the name "Oholah" and He calls Judah, " Oholibah". What's interesting is that Oholah means her own tent.. while Oholibah means God's tent is in her. Her own tent.. her own space. This dramatically clashes with the parables of the Kingdom of Heaven that Jesus told about selling everything to joyously obtain the Kingdom.

Oholibah means God's dwelling is in you. This describes a full transaction where all of you is surrendered. Peter mentions God's very great and precious promises. Those promises are like a check drawn on His account. In order to 'cash in' on those promises, you have to believe it. That's where most hearts stumble. Heart logic (naturally) is to receive and THEN believe. Most hearts are resistant to fully surrendering anyway.

If you want freedom from 'the corruption in the world' and want to 'participate in the divine nature', then let God fully access your inner life. Really, surrendering comes down to giving access to God. We can't clean ourselves up. We trusted God for our salvation. We can trust God for our redemption too.

Upvote 0

Farine

Jun 30, 2016
Santa Clarita, CA
✟28,882.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Managed Circumstances

If Ordered Steps relate to God bringing His approved Messenger to a purposed destination, Managed Circumstances relates to bringing character improvement. This is an top down perspective not often detected while in the said obstacle course of God's design. You learn one thing from opportunities granted and other things from missed or denied opportunities.

Let's get out of abstraction and into definite examples.

Every family seems to have at least one person or one branch of the family tree that is really a mess. Mine is no exception. In having important celebrations, the question arises: Do I invite them? After all, it is meant to be a positive experience. These people do not contribute to that goal. And yet, there are opportunities to impact them for good if they are in relationship. Drama seems to be the only constant. I am looking at just such a situation.

Here is the lesson in my circumstances in my particular scenario. Lean on His wisdom. What had been the right choice in the past has changed. I have grown. No longer the same person through growth, new options are available to me. I can now be in the mess without absorbing the mess. And so, the balance of power has shifted.

If your life is a gym of faith, prepare for amazement. God does some of His best work in tough moments.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
iv been away a few days and so only phone access .i do short posts from phone ..its to painful typing longer ones haha .
i'm behind the topic ball. but turning the age back to sharing about everyday life and Life in God .
however every day life IS life in god and i'm more on the up and up side of things because HE is never down and he lives in me .
ok so i'v been away on a weekend with a group training others to go out and heal the sick and preach the gospel ,drive out demons baptizing people in Jesus name and make more students of the lord Jesus .
we saw many miracles on the streets of the town we were in .. prayed for folks to receive the Holy Spirit which they did as evidenced by speaking in tongues . and baptized 6 folks in the local lake ministering to them after in prayer and teaching them to go out and do the same .
so its difficult to feel any sense of "mundanity" in life .

but today was Monday
and i had to trudge off to the menial drudge of work ...
however the thing is .. the holy Spirit is never tired ,never unprepared always wiling to do the wil of the father and always wiling US to take him to do so .
and so at about 11am i prayed for my customers shoulder pain ,he was healed and i shared the gospel.. this is absolutely independent of my mood of Monday tiredness (it was a huge and busy weekend with much driving added to it in travel ) Did i "feel" like praying for him? nope .. did i "feel " like preaching the gospel to him? nope . i felt tired and hurried .. but we obey .. not by what we feel but by what the word of god says

and this is the thing about mundane parts of life .. God is not dependent upon our mood and we are not to be ruled by them ever . the holy Spirit has anointed us to do the fathers will .. that is not a thing that comes and goes ,it is once done and then lived in . people are taught falsely of the anointing as if it comes and goes .but the word anoint is very much the word appoint .once we are appointed to a task we need not be appointed to it over and over again.

thus this ever present truth in us by the ever present and most holy spirit of the living god who indwells us can be agreed with and aligned with at any given instant of our lives and the mundanity of the moment buried in christ with the old creation and the reality of the new creation is loosed to rule in the joyous presence of the eternal spirit of god who is life and an abundance of it .

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2012
over here in Texas
✟63,321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God still does that--speak to people out of storms. A storm of life might be how a saint related that his prison experience was what made his heart soft enough to receive Jesus.
Amen. Very unpopular teaching and yet so true. I can certainly relate to the Lord speaking in a storm too.

• Agree
Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2012
over here in Texas
✟63,321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you want freedom from 'the corruption in the world' and want to 'participate in the divine nature', then let God fully access your inner life. Really, surrendering comes down to giving access to God. We can't clean ourselves up. We trusted God for our salvation. We can trust God for our redemption too.
Amen!

Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2012
over here in Texas
✟63,321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here is the lesson in my circumstances in my particular scenario. Lean on His wisdom. What had been the right choice in the past has changed. I have grown. No longer the same person through growth, new options are available to me. I can now be in the mess without absorbing the mess. And so, the balance of power has shifted.
Finding myself here.

If your life is a gym of faith, prepare for amazement. God does some of His best work in tough moments.
Amen

• Winner
Upvote 0

Farine

Jun 30, 2016
Santa Clarita, CA
✟28,882.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
so i'v been away on a weekend with a group training others to go out and heal the sick and preach the gospel ,drive out demons baptizing people in Jesus name and make more students of the lord Jesus .

The saying goes 'When the student is ready, the teacher appears.." When I originally read your post, I was in a whirlwind of activity because I just had my 50th birthday yesterday with the main event on Saturday. I really enjoyed it [your post]. There were several questions because while it is clear that God is active in my life, I'm not yet fully activated to do what you are teaching others to do. Thank you for spending time on this discussion. I mean that.

It's tremendously encouraging to know God is active in our day. What a powerful relief to know we are meant to have the Bible promises in their entirety! Yes, I want this. More than words express. While I form my questions, don't think I'm not keenly involved.

and this is the thing about mundane parts of life .. God is not dependent upon our mood and we are not to be ruled by them ever

Had an interesting event happen yesterday. So, yeah, yesterday was my birthday and my parents and my youngest daughter (my oldest had a test in school so I couldn't in good conscience excuse her) went sight-seeing. Lunch was at this really good Mexican restaurant. We prayed over our meal and this was observed by the table next to us. The mother at the table next to us picked up our check, moved by the prayer. My parents had never seen anything like that. We kept talking about how amazing that was. Here's the part where the 'mood' thing kicks in. It's easy to get focused on the wrong things--like turning 50. God really used that woman doing that simple gesture to reorient me. I get it now.

It's interesting having your post side-by-side with my life experiences. It's not an accident that you wrote what you did. I'm hoping that someone else reading both your statement, 'God is not dependent upon our mood', and the concrete example of having someone spontaneously release a blessing lifts them up out of their mood.

thus this ever present truth in us by the ever present and most holy spirit of the living god who indwells us can be agreed with and aligned with at any given instant of our lives

Isn't that interesting and powerful and exciting? To have God's involvement in seemingly tiny things? I really love this. When I examine my life, there He is. Whether you are like this or not, birthdays are introspective. How did I get here? What happened along the way? Where am I going? God is in all of these answers, competently handling my life. There's not a situation He hasn't tweaked with His wisdom. Learning, learning, learning.

Here's what excites me now--conversations like this!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Farine

Jun 30, 2016
Santa Clarita, CA
✟28,882.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Supernatural Wisdom.

It seemed humorous to me to wait to write about wisdom until I turned 50. Job says this [12:7-13].

“But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish in the sea inform you. Which of all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this? In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind. Does not the ear test words as the tongue tastes food? Is not wisdom found among the aged? Does not long life bring understanding? “To God belong wisdom and power; counsel and understanding are his...”​

Job's remark .. "In his hand is.... the breath of all mankind." points to another verse. Proverbs 1:7 states...

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.​

Today's topic references supernatural wisdom because there is understanding and discernment about earthly things which has value. We see doctors because they understand better than most how our bodies work (or don't). Supernatural wisdom underscores that God provided the capacity for wisdom and then taught that person through His own 'school'.

If this post stopped here, would you make it a top priority to seek this out? God lays out a buffet of goodness if you do. Proverbs 8:18-21 ..

With me [WISDOM] are riches and honor, enduring wealth and prosperity. My fruit is better than fine gold; what I yield surpasses choice silver. I walk in the way of righteousness, along the paths of justice, bestowing a rich inheritance on those who love me and making their treasuries full.​

Can God bless you--meaning do you have the character to support it? Would wealth ruin you because it would get twisted and change your heart? Wisdom keeps the main thing, the main thing. When Solomon asked for wisdom, it so delighted God that He gave Solomon incredible blessings beyond a level of insight and understanding no one has ever exceeded.

There is such a thing as 'a spirit of wisdom' that God can give someone. From the Old Testament, Deut. 34:9 shows this.

Now Joshua son of Nun was filled with the spirit of wisdom because Moses had laid his hands on him. So the Israelites listened to him and did what the Lord had commanded Moses.

And Paul asks God to provide it in Ephesians 1:17.

I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.​

What am I saying? Pursue this. Believe that the spirit of wisdom exists and that it can be given to whomever God decides to bestow it. Truly make obtaining wisdom a priority. We are the people we have been waiting for....

Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2012
over here in Texas
✟63,321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
and this is the thing about mundane parts of life .. God is not dependent upon our mood and we are not to be ruled by them ever . the holy Spirit has anointed us to do the fathers will .. that is not a thing that comes and goes ,it is once done and then lived in . people are taught falsely of the anointing as if it comes and goes .but the word anoint is very much the word appoint .once we are appointed to a task we need not be appointed to it over and over again.

thus this ever present truth in us by the ever present and most holy spirit of the living god who indwells us can be agreed with and aligned with at any given instant of our lives and the mundanity of the moment buried in christ with the old creation and the reality of the new creation is loosed to rule in the joyous presence of the eternal spirit of god who is life and an abundance of it .
Amen.

Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2012
over here in Texas
✟63,321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is such a thing as 'a spirit of wisdom' that God can give someone. From the Old Testament, Deut. 34:9 shows this.

Now Joshua son of Nun was filled with the spirit of wisdom because Moses had laid his hands on him. So the Israelites listened to him and did what the Lord had commanded Moses.
Wow! Didn't know it! found it there in Deut. thanks!
And Paul asks God to provide it in Ephesians 1:17.

I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.
What am I saying? Pursue this. Believe that the spirit of wisdom exists and that it can be given to whomever God decides to bestow it. Truly make obtaining wisdom a priority. We are the people we have been waiting for....
This revelation has really just hit the spot for me. Having read Deuteronomy and Ephesians, this never stood out to me before. I have been pursuing wisdom for myself, for my husband, and for my children - just to live our lives pleasing in the sight of the Lord in obedience to His Word. And also on daily matters that fall under Romans 14 (the grey areas of life that aren't necessarily addressed in the Word - like "should I take this job or that job/this business deal or that business deal".

This discussion on wisdom is helping me.

Upvote 0

Farine

Jun 30, 2016
Santa Clarita, CA
✟28,882.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Supernatural Wisdom Part 2 - The Whole Counsel of God.

Paul's goodbye was recorded in Acts 20.

And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more. Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men. For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God. [KJV]

In using this old English word 'counsel', also use its old definition which meant consultation, especially to seek or give advice.

This concept that an individual, in this case, Paul, could have such a thorough grasp of God's plans and intentions should not shock you. Jesus declared in the upper room to His Disciples that the Holy Spirit would lead them into all truth. [John 16:12-14]. This wide-angle view of Scripture which included its hidden meanings is discussed in Psalms 25:14 [Amplified]:

The secret [of the wise counsel] of the Lord is for those who fear Him, And He will let them know His covenant and reveal to them [through His word] its [deep, inner] meaning.

A person does not acquire this deep, inner meaning through much study, although study is involved. It's revealed. It's supplied. It's a gift. You see in this reference that part of the prerequisite is the same as mentioned yesterday.. 'Those who fear Him'. Reverence.. not panic. Profound respect mixed with great love.

So now that you know it's possible to have a wide, sweeping understanding of God's consultation, do you want it? By the way, these are not the only verses which reference this. Much of Proverbs is pointing in this direction. Please forgive this long excerpt, but see how Solomon's bullet points fit together. Proverbs 1:1-7 [Amplified]

The proverbs (truths obscurely expressed, maxims) of Solomon son of David, king of Israel:
To know [skillful and godly] wisdom and instruction
To discern and comprehend the words of understanding and insight,
To receive instruction in wise behavior and the discipline of wise thoughtfulness,Righteousness, justice, and integrity;
That prudence (good judgment, astute common sense) may be given to the naive or inexperienced [who are easily misled], and knowledge and discretion (intelligent discernment) to the youth, the wise will hear and increase their learning, and the person of understanding will acquire wise counsel and the skill [to steer his course wisely and lead others to the truth],
To understand a proverb and a figure [of speech] or an enigma with its interpretation,and the words of the wise and their riddles [that require reflection].
The [reverent] fear of the Lord [that is, worshiping Him and regarding Him as truly awesome] is the beginning and the preeminent part of knowledge [its starting point and its essence]

Solomon received his wisdom as a gift. Paul did as well even though his academic background was his massive intellect furthered by the best education of his day. Paul went to Mount Sinai where he received revelations from God. Much of what Paul was shown was later written down for our benefit. Can God's Spirit teach you?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.