Trump won't say he will accept election results--Anarchy? Revolution?

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
The same Julian Assange certain leading neocon demagouges wanted executed for treason against the US.

Trump has driven the neocons from control of the GOP. Yet you still have beef with him. :scratch:

Armoured said:
Seriously, the way you guys flip flop between loving then hating then loving again different people and countries makes "we have ALWAYS been at war with Eastasia" lose all impact.

What does "you guys" mean?

Anyway, what's your opinion of Julian Assange and Wikileaks? Favorable or unfavorable?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Trump has driven the neocons from control of the GOP. Yet you still have beef with him. :scratch:
establishment neocons maybe. Rank and file neocons love him
What does "you guys" mean?
the group to which you belong
Anyway, what's your opinion of Julian Assange and Wikileaks? Favorable or unfavorable?
I don't know enough about him to really have an opinion about him.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So nothing specific, just a bunch of conspiracy theorist alarmist speculation. Pardon me if I don't sound convinced.
I'm sure if were conspiracies about republicans you'd probably care more right?

More so are you saying it won't happen because its just guessing? Because if so you are saying the bible is wrong. Bible said how things will turn out getting worse for us. Unless you read a diffrent bible of course.

I assume this means your for Hillary then? If so are you ok with her hating you as a catholic? Wanting to enforce rules that already are against christiainty? Such as abortion, LGBT...etc?

Thats where I get confused with christians/catholics. How can someone support a woman who said she doesn't like us? I mean thats like being jewish during WW2 and saying you support Hitler even though he wants to destroy you.

But in the end vote for who you want. I don't judge you in the end, but God will for not protecting your brothers/sisters in Christ.

People wonder why I am so passionate about this election, its because I am trying to save my brothers/sisters in Christ from having to stand before God and answer why they chose the devils plans over His instead.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm sure if were conspiracies about republicans you'd probably care more right?

More so are you saying it won't happen because its just guessing? Because if so you are saying the bible is wrong. Bible said how things will turn out getting worse for us. Unless you read a diffrent bible of course.

I assume this means your for Hillary then? If so are you ok with her hating you as a catholic? Wanting to enforce rules that already are against christiainty? Such as abortion, LGBT...etc?

Thats where I get confused with christians/catholics. How can someone support a woman who said she doesn't like us? I mean thats like being jewish during WW2 and saying you support Hitler even though he wants to destroy you.

But in the end vote for who you want. I don't judge you in the end, but God will for not protecting your brothers/sisters in Christ.

People wonder why I am so passionate about this election, its because I am trying to save my brothers/sisters in Christ from having to stand before God and answer why they chose the devils plans over His instead.
First of all, no, I don't support Hillary. Second, I'm faiy sure she doesn't hate Christians or Catholics

Beyond that, no, I'm no5 much swayed by apocalyptic speculation. Remember all the terrible things that were supposed to happen if Obama was elected?
.that then never happened? Same deal.

Now, if you have any specific issues you want to discuss about Hillary apointees, that would be great. If you're just playing Christian martyr fantasy roleplay, I'm not really interested.

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,939.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hillary is a Christian. She is a Methodist. Methodists, at least in my town, are among the most socially concerned, generous people I've ever met--and that's how she describes her childhood in the Methodist Church. We shouldn't use templates like "liberal" and "conservative" to determine who is or isn't Christian. Instead, you should rejoice that Methodists are taking good care of many social justice concerns that may be neglected by Planned Parenthood picketers or gay marriage opponents.

I don't think that Hillary or her staff members Podesta and Palmieri hate Catholicism. Acknowledging that, in their eyes, Catholicism could become more progressive doesn't mean that they don't love and appreciate many or even most aspects of Catholicism.

Let's say you're in a boutique looking at a dress you're considering buying. You try it on. It fits perfectly. It's flattering. It's attractive. It's fairly priced. Even if it's not your favorite color, you may buy it. You may wear it regularly, but the tiny dissatisfaction--that you wish it was a different color--always remains.

Sometimes I am disappointed to see too much "black and white thinking" among some Catholics.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You should
And which group might that be?

You know enough about him make the comments that you did in post #40...
read post 40 again. It's not about Assange, it's about the people who wanted his head one week, and are proclaiming him as the deliverer of all truth and good the next.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You should
And which group might that be?

You know enough about him make the comments that you did in post #40...
read post 40 again. It's not about Assange, it's about the people who wanted his head one week, and are proclaiming him as the deliverer of all truth and good the next.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So wait methodists are for planned parenthood and LGBT stuff?!?

The United Methodist Church just consecrated it's first openly lesbian bishop, but it technically goes against their Book of Discipline, so it would probably be fair to say that they are divided on GLBT issues. Clinton's views are within the range of beliefs that exist in her church, including in it's leadership. They are sort of fighting those issues out at this point within their church.

A lot of mainline Protestant churches believe that contraceptives and cancer screenings and such should be available to people who want them. That's the vast majority of what Planned Parenthood does. Abortions are a very small part of their "business", so to speak, and no public funding is used for that aspect of things- abortion funding comes from a combination of private contributions and from full or partial payment on a sliding scale from women who can afford to pay.

I looked it up, and the UMC simply states that no money collected by the church is used to fund Planned Parenthood or similar groups, with no further comment. I think this is largely left up to the bishops, ministers, and individual members' consciences. I can't find any position that applies to the whole United Methodist Church on issues like public funding for Planned Parenthood, or on abortion. I'm sure some individuals have strong opinions.

I don't know a whole lot about the the Methodist church, but since we're in the Liberal Catholic forum, I realized there actually may be no one on the forum who does, so I figured I'd say what I think I know, anyway. ;)

I have heard they have a strong commitment to social justice and to the poor.

I think there are some regions (or even just individual congregations) where Methodists are conservative and are very informal, almost like Southern Baptists, and others were they are more liberal and have robes and paraments with the appropriate liturgical colors, almost like Lutherans (ELCA, not the more conservative ones) or Episcopalians. Each pole seemed a little less "whatever" than what you'd see in the other churches mentioned, but they didn't seem uniform among themselves in beliefs and practices. There seems to be a range. But that's true of many churches, and isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I know they universally use grape juice instead of wine. They don't believe in the real presence in the Eucharist, but their founder, John Wesley, did.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tickingclocker

Mar 11, 2016
US
✟22,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It seems as if the only kind of voter fraud Americans realistically need to be afraid of during this election is the possibility of voter machine hacking from the outside forces (suspected of being Russian) who brought us wikileaks.

Manipulation of our vote by hostile foreign powers is certainly a concern, and I hope that states do everything possible to secure their voting systems. Pennsylvania's is most vulnerable because its machines lack a paper trail for recounts.

28 states are working with Homeland Security to correct any possible weaknesses in their cyber voting systems.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/08/us/politics/us-formally-accuses-russia-of-stealing-dnc-emails.html

Will Trump blame our Homeland Security for "rigging elections" because they are trying to prevent hacks by enemy Russian cyberhackers?
Don't give him any further ideas. He will jump on any and all he desperately needs to entertain.

Upvote 0

tickingclocker

Mar 11, 2016
US
✟22,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think maybe we should focus less on who the candidates are and more on the supreme court. Because thats honestly more important and what as stake here.

If Hillary wins the people she has chose to pick will reinforce and make new laws in favor of unchrsitian things. Trumps picks will not only keep things more like they used to be when america was formed, but he wants them to overturn Roe vs Wade.

In other words whoever is picked will determine how things go for the next few decades. Which is really the main reason I am picking Trump. Because Hillary means we christian we lose a ton more rights with her picks.
Wants to and will are very different things in Washington DC, the Disneyland of the East. They all promise to do so. Last time I looked it was still there.

Upvote 0

tickingclocker

Mar 11, 2016
US
✟22,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The same Julian Assange certain leading neocon demagouges wanted executed for treason against the US. Seriously, the way you guys flip flop between loving then hating then loving again different people and countries makes "we have ALWAYS been at war with Eastasia" lose all impact.
Repubs have always been known for the old saying, "the enemy of my enemy is my temporary friend... until he turns on me, then he becomes my enemy again. Then I blame my friends for any fallout."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heres a better link showing that Hillary hates Catholics especially:
https://pjmedia.com/faith/2016/10/22/hillary-clintons-insidious-threat-to-traditional-christianity/

That aside I agree planned parenthood does some other great things. But, it doesn't mean it should be supported because it does some great things. They can easily separate it into two things. One for abortion and one that takes care of womens health needs.

And sadly yes more "christians" are ok with unbiblical things. Which as stated the bible warns about the end days being like this and how many will be shocked when the stand before God and are turned away. Its why I try to be careful about not letting the world views cloud the views God told me to have. Not that I am perfect mind you.

Reactions: samir
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,939.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think that the Methodist Church may have recently taken a more conservative position, but this is what I found:

We recognize tragic conflicts of life with life that may justify abortion, and in such cases we support the legal option of abortion under proper medical procedures by certified medical providers. We support parental, guardian, or other responsible adult notification and consent before abortions can be performed on girls who have not yet reached the age of legal adulthood. We cannot affirm abortion as an acceptable means of birth control, and we unconditionally reject it as a means of gender selection or eugenics (see Resolution 3184). http://www.umc.org/what-we-believe/the-nurturing-community#abortion

This statement is also on the site. It seems very respectful of people's consciences.
It’s important to note that the Church's statements on social issues, such as abortion, represent the effort of the General Conference to speak to human issues in the contemporary world from a sound biblical and theological foundation. They are intended to be instructive and persuasive, but they are not church law and are not binding on members. Members will hold differing views on abortion. There is no requirement for members to agree with the Church’s view.

Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
The most shocking statement of tonight's debate was when Trump would not state that he would accept the results of the Presidential election--meaning, of course, if he wasn't the winner. This is simply a repudiation of American democracy, and a denial of the basic tenet of our democracy.

No, it's not. He didn't say he wouldn't accept it, he just chose not to answer, probably to appeal to some of his supporters.

The commentators were shocked, and I was shocked, when Trump, twice, said that he would decide at the time, that he would keep us in suspense.

I wasn't surprised. Telling people it's rigged helps him get more votes from a certain segment of the population. I'm sure Trump will accept the results even if he loses.

This is what we hear from totalitarian despots, not U.S. candidates for office. With all the rhetoric and even threats that have been tossed around, are we headed toward revolution and anarchy at the hands of Trump supporters?

No.

Upvote 0

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hillary hates Catholics

Hilary's Vice-Presidential running mate, Tim Kaine, is a Roman Catholic. She didn't have to choose him, you know. It's true that Senator and Governor Kaine (He's been both) is extremely well qualified and hits some of the right demographic notes. He seems like a great guy. However, he wasn't necessarily an obvious choice.

If Clinton really didn't like Catholics, she could have chosen, just as an example, Terry McAuliffe, a long-time Clinton loyalist who is the current Governor of the same state Kaine was Governor of, and who is, like Kaine, a middle aged white guy. Or she could have made some progressives very happy and chosen someone like Elizabeth Warren or Sherrod Brown.

Clinton clearly has no issues with Catholics. She spoke at length about some of the horrible anti-Catholic discrimination in this country historically when she was at the Al Smith dinner the other day, and cast herself as representing some of the same things he represented (Al Smith was the first Roman Catholic to be nominated by a major US political party- the Democratic Party- for President, and the dinner is held in his honor).

I'll bet if we did a deep examination, we'd find that she's had many Roman Catholic friends and co-workers and so on and so forth. I vaguely remember her husband Bill being in a picture as a young man shaking John Kennedy's (The first and only Catholic to serve as the President of the United States) hand and really being attached to that photo and that moment in his life, also.

That she disagrees with the policy stances of *some* conservative Catholics because she's not a conservative doesn't mean that she hates Catholics or even conservative Catholics. It means she's not a conservative. I don't think anyone ever said she was a conservative. ;) So, what are we really talking about?

To me, what we are talking about is that Donald Trump took a fun charitable event where he was supposed to give a funny speech and be jovial and bi-partisan and used it as an opportunity to viciously attack his opponent, who was seated one seat over from him, with Cardinal Dolan in between, and say that she hates Catholics at a big formal dinner full of Catholics. It was really uncalled for and I think one of the reasons that many more Americans will be voting for Hillary Clinton than will be voting for Donald Trump on November 8th.

And believe me, the people in the room, who were mostly Catholics, knew that what Trump said was untrue and out of bounds- look at the video, you can hear the loud cascading boos, and this is typically not an event where people boo. They booed because Trump crossed yet another line. All the guy does is cross lines. He's not fit to be President.

Last edited:
Upvote 0