Trump won't say he will accept election results--Anarchy? Revolution?

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The most shocking statement of tonight's debate was when Trump would not state that he would accept the results of the Presidential election--meaning, of course, if he wasn't the winner. This is simply a repudiation of American democracy, and a denial of the basic tenet of our democracy. The commentators were shocked, and I was shocked, when Trump, twice, said that he would decide at the time, that he would keep us in suspense. This is what we hear from totalitarian despots, not U.S. candidates for office. With all the rhetoric and even threats that have been tossed around, are we headed toward revolution and anarchy at the hands of Trump supporters?

• Agree
Reactions: chandraclaws

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟915,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The most shocking statement of tonight's debate was when Trump would not state that he would accept the results of the Presidential election--meaning, of course, if he wasn't the winner.

I think it's meaningless. He didn't want to answer tonight which is his right and it's his right to refuse to support Hillary as President. It hardly equals possible revolution.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
What's so shocking about it? He referencing all the leaked emails and videos out of the Democratic camp where they are talking about active and ongoing voter fraud.

If you were in an election against someone, say in a local race, and their campaign was openly discussing the various ways they are committing voter fraud on a massive scale against you, how receptive would you be to accepting the race results should you lose?

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't get what was so shocking about what he said. I mean who cares really. If I were running is there a law saying I have to accept the loss? No. If he doesn't accept it then what is the big deal? Does the world fall apart if he gets mad at home? No. To me it shows how pathetic our country is when out of all that went on, all the perfect points he made about Hillary.... all any is talking about is the end question.

Its as if people who like Hillary don't care that the media is bias. Or that shes part of scandals. Or that she lies. Or that she messed up this country with Obama. I mean he pointed out that Putin hates her and its true. Trump has nothing to do with the hacking. Just because Putin hate Hillary doesn't mean Trump aligned with Putin for some secret hacking.

All this shows to me is democrats are actually scared because he may have a chance at winning. So its they deny their own messes and try to hurt him. If they had nothing to worry about and know she would win then why worry what Trumps does? lol.

Is he perfect? They are equal evils. But I can only vote for one based on biblical beliefs of who cares more about Christians. And thats Trump.

Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0

tickingclocker

Mar 11, 2016
US
✟22,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The most shocking statement of tonight's debate was when Trump would not state that he would accept the results of the Presidential election--meaning, of course, if he wasn't the winner. This is simply a repudiation of American democracy, and a denial of the basic tenet of our democracy. The commentators were shocked, and I was shocked, when Trump, twice, said that he would decide at the time, that he would keep us in suspense. This is what we hear from totalitarian despots, not U.S. candidates for office. With all the rhetoric and even threats that have been tossed around, are we headed toward revolution and anarchy at the hands of Trump supporters?
It's something we hear from soap operas, too. It keeps people coming back for more. Only not this time. Zzzzzz.....

I'm actually glad he addressed this. States are now quietly tidying up their voter registration rolls so they won't be targeted by Trump the day after election. The few dead people they may find still on the rolls haven't even been given a chance to cool down yet, but off they will go from the election rolls. Calling attention to the voting system will only serve to make Hillary's victory that much sweeter when even he cannot claim that voting was "rigged".

How ironic that the US shows other countries how honest voting is conducted, yet we have a presidential candidate who insinuates that half the country is "rigged" in favor of the opposing candidate. If he wins, will the election be "not rigged"?

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
How ironic that the US shows other countries how honest voting is conducted, yet we have a presidential candidate who insinuates that half the country is "rigged" in favor of the opposing candidate. If he wins, will the election be "not rigged"?

You are aware right now that America is showing the world how a political party rigged its primary against one of its own candidates, and how that same party has hired people to disrupt the events of other candidates with violent protests, and how that same party is enrolling millions of dead people and bragging about the busloads of people they are driving around to vote dozens of times in early voting, and how people in polling places are on video bragging about tearing up and destroying early voting ballots, Republican only of course?

You are aware of all that, right?

Exactly how is that showing the world how to conduct "honest voting"?

• Winner
Reactions: KWCrazy
Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What's so shocking about that ? I saw Al Gore on the news a couple of days ago and he's still going on about his winning the popular vote and still being defeated.

Christ Matthews (the moderator in tonight's debate) even brought up the Al Gore situation and said Al Gore had accepted the outcome and conceded defeat. I have to disagree with Matthew's characterization of Al Gore. If Gore is still publically whining about his loss to Bush after so many years, he hasn't really conceded anything, despite his public statement to the contrary after the election.

BTW. I'm not a Republican, nor a Trump supporter. I just call'em like I see'em. IMO this election has been rigged from the beginning. The news media is definitely biased. In the first debate they openly denigrated Melania Trump referring to her career as a scantily clad model (actually pretty common by European standards and not shocking at all) and called her a "trophy wife". I thought that was uncalled for and in pretty poor taste as far as responsible journalism goes.

Also, look at how many network television shows Obama, his wife and Hillary have appeared on during this campaign. Funny, but I haven't seen Trump being invited to appear on any of these talk shows. The media biased ? Lol. Ya think ?

Last edited:
Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,690.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
It was pretty bad.
But I guess we should keep in mind that those who could be whipped up into a revolutionary fervour probably are a fraction of Trump voters, probably a minority, hopefully a tiny one.

Unfortunately the GOP(or at least some of it's more paranoid elements) have been complaining about election fraud(and implying the Democrats as benefiting from it) for years now to justify vote suppressing measures, so there's plenty of fertile ground for the idea of this election being rigged to take root.

I seem to remember a poll suggesting around 47% of voters believe such, and 72% of Republican voters believe such...which is very disconcerting. I think it was YouGov...will look into it if requested.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,077,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Fortunately the courts have been ruling against most Republican voter suppression laws designed to rig elections.

As I said in OBOB Trump makes Kim Jong Un look like a grown up on the world stage.

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Anarchy ? I don't think so, unless someone plans on burning down some more Republican Headquarter offices, or plants more violent agitators at Trump rallies.
You KNOW that would have been big news had the Republicans done it.

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Unfortunately the GOP(or at least some of it's more paranoid elements) have been complaining about election fraud(and implying the Democrats as benefiting from it) for years now to justify vote suppressing measures,
Vote suppressing measures?
Like making sure votes are cast by eligible voters?
By denying the dead a chance to vote Democrat?
By complaining when some precincts had 105% turnout?
By pointing out that after several recounts which finally culled a win for Al Franken that a Democrat election official had a voting machine in his trunk?
By pointing out that Al Gore was culling for votes only in four counties where he won unanimously, all the while telling the gullible and stupid he was trying to "count every vote?"
America still remembers the vote in 1960 where Democrats with help from the Chicago mafia stole Illinois for JFK and helped him win a close race for president.

The Democratic Party IS the party of voter fraud. It always was, and will always be.

Upvote 0

tickingclocker

Mar 11, 2016
US
✟22,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are aware right now that America is showing the world how a political party rigged its primary against one of its own candidates, and how that same party has hired people to disrupt the events of other candidates with violent protests, and how that same party is enrolling millions of dead people and bragging about the busloads of people they are driving around to vote dozens of times in early voting, and how people in polling places are on video bragging about tearing up and destroying early voting ballots, Republican only of course?

You are aware of all that, right?

Exactly how is that showing the world how to conduct "honest voting"?
No, I am not "aware" that anything of the sort happened--or will happen as you suggest, by any means. I am aware, however, that there are people in this world who cannot accept the reality of the determination of the majority. Trump is one of them. You make it sound as if every person who votes for Clinton is bent on violence and must be bought in order to elect her as POTUS? We ALL know better if being totally honest here. Don't we. That's not a question either. Deliberately.

ONE misguided person does not a "violent overthrow" make. I believe Clinton should have immediately apologized to Trump last night, and to the entire country for this LONE person being discovered plotting something so heinous--ON HIS OWN in ONE Democrat campaign headquarters. He was fired on the spot when discovered. But she didn't, and it will haunt her until she does, make no mistake. That is the law of return in action, which never fails. And how odd that the person making the video has been ARRESTED AND CONVICTED of falsifying such acts before? But you don't get that part, do you? Too bad. Most people can. Whether it was true or not, she should have apologized for it and publicly. It would have been the dignified thing to do. Seems not only Trump is self-protective above all costs....

Busloads? Really? Really?? I don't think so! (My, its gone from one person to "busloads" now? So soon??) You choose to believe the contrived rhetoric, if you must. I KNOW that there are misguided people out there who are naturally bent on violence, regardless of what is going on or who is involved. We have a name for them around these parts which I cannot mention on this forum.... that profoundly fits the bill. Its not as if history has never seen the likes of them before.... on both sides. Regardless, they do not represent either "party" as a whole, and everyone who values and engages basic logic realizes THAT. They certainly don't represent the country either. Never. They are singular individuals who suffer from mental illness, or sin which they do not see the critical need to overcome through Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
No, I am not "aware" that anything of the sort happened--or will happen as you suggest, by any means. I am aware, however, that there are people in this world who cannot accept the reality of the determination of the majority. Trump is one of them. You make it sound as if every person who votes for Clinton is bent on violence and must be bought in order to elect her as POTUS? We ALL know better if being totally honest here. Don't we. That's not a question either. Deliberately.

ONE misguided person does not a "violent overthrow" make. I believe Clinton should have immediately apologized to Trump last night, and to the entire country for this LONE person being discovered plotting something so heinous--ON HIS OWN in ONE Democrat campaign headquarters. He was fired on the spot when discovered. But she didn't, and it will haunt her until she does, make no mistake. That is the law of return in action, which never fails. And how odd that the person making the video has been ARRESTED AND CONVICTED of falsifying such acts before? But you don't get that part, do you? Too bad. Most people can. Whether it was true or not, she should have apologized for it and publicly. It would have been the dignified thing to do. Seems not only Trump is self-protective above all costs....

Busloads? Really? Really?? I don't think so! (My, its gone from one person to "busloads" now? So soon??) You choose to believe the contrived rhetoric, if you must. I KNOW that there are misguided people out there who are naturally bent on violence, regardless of what is going on or who is involved. We have a name for them around these parts which I cannot mention on this forum.... that profoundly fits the bill. Its not as if history has never seen the likes of them before.... on both sides. Regardless, they do not represent either "party" as a whole, and everyone who values and engages basic logic realizes THAT. They certainly don't represent the country either. Never. They are singular individuals who suffer from mental illness, or sin which they do not see the critical need to overcome through Jesus Christ.

Google is your friend. Well, maybe not Google, but there are good search engines out there. You seem to be living in your own little bubble of reality. Everything I said can be confirmed in videos and emails of the perps.

These aren't one person issues, but primarily DNC-controlled and planned. I'm sorry you've attached yourself to such a corrupt group of people, but that was your decision to make.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟276,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
The reaction of Trump's opponents to his statement speaks volumes more than the statement itself. If Trump isn't on to something, what is anyone so bothered about?

“Experience had taught me that innocence seldom utters outraged shrikes. Guilt does. Innocence is a mighty shield, and the man or woman covered by it, is much more likely to answer calmly: 'My life is blameless. Look into it, if you like, for you will find nothing.' That is the tone of innocence.”

Whittaker Chambers, Witness

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The reaction of Trump's opponents to his statement speaks volumes more than the statement itself. If Trump isn't on to something, what is anyone so bothered about?

“Experience had taught me that innocence seldom utters outraged shrikes. Guilt does. Innocence is a mighty shield, and the man or woman covered by it, is much more likely to answer calmly: 'My life is blameless. Look into it, if you like, for you will find nothing.' That is the tone of innocence.”

Whittaker Chambers, Witness
Exactly. They are in a panic because he won't back down and people are still going to vote for him. Its shocking how so many see all the stuff happening to him and don't think "Hey, maybe this is being done to him on purpose because they are mad about him!". After all its politics, every person on earth knows politics is a dirty, corrupt, lie filled game.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Good News!!! He's met the critics halfway and declared today that he will fully accept the election results... IF HE WINS!!

See? He can compromise and find a favorable solution for his side somewhere in the middle. Just like he's promised to do with the botched-up trade deals. Everyone should be happy now.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married