Trump: 'We should just cancel the election and just give it to Trump'

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,294.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Donald Trump, who often claims the election is rigged, had an interesting idea Thursday.

"I'm just thinking to myself right now: We should just cancel the election and just give it to Trump," he said during a rally in downtown Toledo, Ohio.

The crowd of several thousand at the Sea Gate Convention Center cheered their approval.

Trump's brainstorm came as he ran through the differences in the policy agendas that he and Hillary Clinton are proposing for the first 100 days of their administrations. With such opposite approaches for the country, he reasoned, he should be the favorite.

Polls show Trump trailing Clinton in the must-win Buckeye State. But in Trump's view, he is ahead and "winning big."

http://www.latimes.com/nation/polit...more-trump-suggests-1477606612-htmlstory.html

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Polls are done by the Lügenpresse. And the election is rigged. Trump should be put in place as Leader (how about using that term in its original German?) by public acclamation of free white arms-bearing citizen!

Upvote 0

Redac

Jul 16, 2007
California
✟167,609.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Polls are done by the Lügenpresse. And the election is rigged. Trump should be put in place as Leader (how about using that term in its original German?) by public acclamation of free white arms-bearing citizen!
"Trump is literally Hitler you guys!" hasn't worked for the last year or so; I'm not sure why you think it'd be any different now.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟895,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
"Trump is literally Hitler you guys!" hasn't worked for the last year or so; I'm not sure why you think it'd be any different now.
How can he be literally Hitler; unless Hitler has come back from the grave.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Redac

Jul 16, 2007
California
✟167,609.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You should really not compare him with Hitler. Hitler made a point out of being democratically elected.
Which Trump is in the process of attempting to do. Or do you think he was totally serious about how he should just be handed power?

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
I don't for a second believe he really meant that in a bad way, but geeze does this guy need a filter between brain and mouth. It's a sound bite his rivals can use over and over again and play up the idea that he's a dictator in waiting.

That's really the story of the election. The man doesn't seem to really consider how the things he says will or could be perceived. He reminds me of this friend I used to have, who was constantly getting himself into trouble because he kept on saying the first thing that came to his mind, without ever taking into account what effect it might have or how people would take it.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟895,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
That's really the story of the election. The man doesn't seem to really consider how the things he says will or could be perceived. He reminds me of this friend I used to have, who was constantly getting himself into trouble because he kept on saying the first thing that came to his mind, without ever taking into account what effect it might have or how people would take it.
Well, while he could benefit from a "filter", but he is honest and frankly one thing I like about him is he does NOT care about being politcally correct.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,294.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Which Trump is in the process of attempting to do. Or do you think he was totally serious about how he should just be handed power?
At this point, who can tell if Trump ever is serious?

His surrogates surely can't.

Reactions: Freodin
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Well, while he could benefit from a "filter", but he is honest and frankly one thing I like about him is he does NOT care about being politcally correct.

It's not about being politically correct to not run around spouting off stupid, offensive things. I seem to remember a time when manners were something taught and respected not dismissed with "politically correct".

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟895,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's not about being politically correct to not run around spouting off stupid, offensive things. I seem to remember a time when manners were something taught and respected not dismissed with "politically correct".
The way I see it the right to be offenstive carries with it the risk of being offended.

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
I apologize. I should have said "in the original Italian" instead. :)

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker

A good trait for a comedian.

Not so much for a President.

Also, him being 'honest' is extremely debatable.

Upvote 0