with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What's up with this?

"I have accepted the invitation of President Enrique Pena Nieto, of Mexico, and look very much forward to meeting him tomorrow," the Republican presidential nominee tweeted Tuesday. The office of the Mexican President confirmed in a tweet late Tuesday night that Trump had accepted Peña Nieto's invitation and that the two will meet privately.

Full story here -->:scratch:

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This is from last year but I doubt much has changed in opinions since then. Turns out, most Mexicans don't like or trust President Peña-Nieto. Like... a large majority of them.

The independent pollster GEA Group released a survey Saturday showing Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto's legitimacy rate has dropped dramatically over the past months.

The survey shows that 85 percent of Mexicans do not trust in Peña Nieto, with 47 percent of respondents saying they trust him a little while 38 percent responding that they do not trust him at all.

http://www.telesurtv.net/english/ne...Trust-President-Pena-Nieto-20150117-0026.html

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It is interesting that Trump accepted the invitation, but Hillary declined.
I wonder what he and the drug lord in chief will discuss. Perhaps the corruption and bribery that is rampant within the Mexican government? Maybe Trump is asking for tips on how to be distrusted by over 80% of the country?

Reactions: Oafman
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wonder what he and the drug lord in chief will discuss. Perhaps the corruption and bribery that is rampant within the Mexican government? Maybe Trump is asking for tips on how to be distrusted by over 80% of the country?

Valid point as to why Hillary turned him down.

She already knows how to accept money for influence and is highly skilled in distrust.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

You do realize that you are making Trump's case about why he's speaking out about illegal immigration, yes?

Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Do you have something saying that she was invited to speak with the President of Mexico?
It's in the article.

A senior Clinton aide said Wednesday that the former secretary of state had also received an invitation to meet Peña Nieto.
"Secretary Clinton last met with President Peña Nieto in Mexico in 2014 and our campaign is in a regular dialogue with the Mexican government officials," the aide added. "She looks forward to talking with President Peña Nieto again at the appropriate time."

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
are you listening to a broadcast?

It's in the article now, as well as this.

"Who pays for the wall? We didn't discuss," Trump said when asked by a reporter during a news conference following their meeting in Mexico City. "We did discuss the wall. We didn't discuss payment of the wall. That'll be for a later date."

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I can't see how this will help him at all. Seriously, who is running this campaign? Are they perpetually drunk? Is it a small bird?
Three Little Birds ...

Singing' don't worry about a thing
'Cause every little thing gonna be alright

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,607.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I can't see how this will help him at all. Seriously, who is running this campaign? Are they perpetually drunk? Is it a small bird?
They are trying to present Trump as presidential. Having him give a press conference alongside Mexicos president is meant to gopive voters the image of Trump as president.

Upvote 0