✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Trump thinks Tim Kaine did a terrible job as governor — of New Jersey

I'm sure it stands to reason, that those who support Donald Trump love him because of his attention to the finer details. He came out today, and said some stupid things today. Among them, that he thought Tim Kaine was a lowsy governor of New Jersey.

“Her running mate Tim Kaine, who by the way did a terrible job in New Jersey — first act he did in New Jersey was ask for a $4 billion tax increase and he was not very popular in New Jersey and he still isn’t,” Trump told a press conference in Doral, Fla.

Quick note: Tim Kaine is from Virgina. Trump may have gotten him confused with Thomas Kean, who was from New Jersey. To his credit, I'm sure Tim Kaine is not particularly popular in New Jersey, in fact, I expect the state has all but forgotten about those years he was governor. It's not like the President of the United States is expected to know these kind of things, right?

Also, don't miss the same press conference where The Official Republican Candidate for the Office of the President of the United States of America, called on Russia to hack Hillary Clinton.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
A typical example of the Democrats putting words into someone's mouth so that they can criticize it. No, Trump did not say that, nor did he "challenge" Russia to do anything (which is what the last twister I heard from tried to get away with).

You literally quoted the link to the forum where you can discuss that.

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
It looks like you've provided a good example of twisting or spinning that I was referring to. No, what I said is not the same as the language used there, and spinners are usually careful to choose their words so that a quick reading by a sympathetic person will be sure to convey the false information.

I provided a good example of twisting or spinning that you were referring to? What are you talking about?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I provided a good example of twisting or spinning that you were referring to? What are you talking about?
I was referring to the "called on Russia" disinformation, but forget that and read the edited post instead.

Upvote 0

Sultan Of Swing

Jan 4, 2015
✟9,476.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Trump thinks Tim Kaine did a terrible job as governor — of New Jersey

I'm sure it stands to reason, that those who support Donald Trump love him because of his attention to the finer details. He came out today, and said some stupid things today. Among them, that he thought Tim Kaine was a lowsy governor of New Jersey.

“Her running mate Tim Kaine, who by the way did a terrible job in New Jersey — first act he did in New Jersey was ask for a $4 billion tax increase and he was not very popular in New Jersey and he still isn’t,” Trump told a press conference in Doral, Fla.

Quick note: Tim Kaine is from Virgina. Trump may have gotten him confused with Thomas Kean, who was from New Jersey. To his credit, I'm sure Tim Kaine is not particularly popular in New Jersey, in fact, I expect the state has all but forgotten about those years he was governor. It's not like the President of the United States is expected to know these kind of things, right?

Also, don't miss the same press conference where The Official Republican Candidate for the Office of the President of the United States of America, called on Russia to hack Hillary Clinton.
Does a gaffe or verbal blunder signify lack of intelligence?

In that case...

Wow, Obama thinks there's 57 states? What an incompetent President!

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I think he's done himself in with what he's said already.
Not as cute as you think, but if you have to rely upon twisting MY words as well as the person you're calling our attention to, we can call this closed. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Not as cute as you think, but if you have to rely upon twisting MY words as well as the person you're calling our attention to, we can call this closed. :rolleyes:

I thought there was nothing left to say.

You know where the link to the appropriate thread is. Why not go in there and tell us what Trump meant to say.

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Does a gaffe or verbal blunder signify lack of intelligence?

In that case...

Wow, Obama thinks there's 57 states? What an incompetent President!

Tim Kaine is the Democratic nominee for Vice President. He is on the ticket in opposition to Trump. You'd think that the candidate would be a little more familiar with him nearly a week after his announcement. In the very least, which state he is from.

It isn't a matter of intelligence. It isn't a matter of a gaffe. It's a matter of disinterest. Trump just doesn't care to know these things.

Upvote 0

Sultan Of Swing

Jan 4, 2015
✟9,476.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Tim Kaine is the Democratic nominee for Vice President. He is on the ticket in opposition to Trump. You'd think that the candidate would be a little more familiar with him nearly a week after his announcement. In the very least, which state he is from.

It isn't a matter of intelligence. It isn't a matter of a gaffe. It's a matter of disinterest. Trump just doesn't care to know these things.
Shouldn't Obama know how many states there are in the USA?

It isn't a matter of intelligence. It isn't a matter of a gaffe. It's a matter of disinterest. Obama just doesn't care to know these things.

Your assertion that it isn't a matter of a gaffe is without warrant. Trump is good friends with Chris Christie, the actual governor of New Jersey. Of course he knows Kaine isn't New Jersey governor.

Reactions: Ajax 777
Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Shouldn't Obama know how many states there are in the USA?

It isn't a matter of intelligence. It isn't a matter of a gaffe. It's a matter of disinterest. Obama just doesn't care to know these things.

Your assertion that it isn't a matter of a gaffe is without warrant. Trump is good friends with Chris Christie, the actual governor of New Jersey. Of course he knows Kaine isn't New Jersey governor.

Yes, but Thomas Keane is the former governor of New Jersey, just as Tim Kaine is the former governor of Virginia. He is currently a senator from Virginia.

Upvote 0

Sultan Of Swing

Jan 4, 2015
✟9,476.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Yes, but Thomas Keane is the former governor of New Jersey, just as Tim Kaine is the former governor of Virginia. He is currently a senator from Virginia.
So Trump didn't know Christie his good friend and once potential running mate is governor of New Jersey, despite mentioning that multiple times in the past?

Oh, and Trump knew Kaine was governor of Virginia when he tweeted this... but a couple days later he just doesn't know anymore, right?

Reactions: Ajax 777
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Did he tell you this over dinner and drinks?.........

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, it is a matter of disinterest. Look at his interview with Sanger and Haberman. These are topics he should have knowledge of as the Official Nominee of the Republican Party for the President United States should be aware of, especially while running a campaign, and especially as a candidate with no political or military experience. Trump just doesn't care to learn it.

As for economics, Trump's policies thus far are so ignorant, and misinformed that he could potentially destroy, not just the American economy, but the global economy.

http://www.christianforums.com/thre...-vote-for-trump.7957274/page-16#post-69907079
http://www.christianforums.com/thre...-vote-for-trump.7957274/page-13#post-69902489

Even Ben Stein, Republican cheerleader, admits that Trump doesn't know a thing about economics.

I am not running for President, and I know more about economic policy, economic theory, and the potential consequences of certain economic moves, and economic policies. It's not as though you can't learn the minimum of economic theory in a year. But Trump hasn't, because he's just not interested in learning the basics of what a President would need to know.

Trump has been a candidate for a year, and still hasn't bothered to learn some really basic concepts. His policies lack clarity, or purpose, and often get cobbled together without thought of how they will be executed. Case in point: The wall on the southern border. That Trump lacks basic knowledge, and has no interest in learning, while having no political experience, and no thought as to the consequences of his policies, or how to implement them worries me more than anything else.

Kasich's claim that Trump's VP would be in charge of foreign and domestic policy is complete hearsay and could absolutely be made up. But frankly, I believe the substance of the claim.

Everything I see is that Trump is disinterested in the job of President. He's not interested in putting in the work to learn about his opponent. He won't put in the effort to run a country. He just wants to win an election.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
So Trump didn't know Christie his good friend and once potential running mate is governor of New Jersey, despite mentioning that multiple times in the past?

Oh, and Trump knew Kaine was governor of Virginia when he tweeted this... but a couple days later he just doesn't know anymore, right?

He didn't know today. I doubt the campaign allows Trump run his own Twitter account anymore.

Upvote 0