Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why should anyone care if Trump knows the names of terrorists? Seems an unimportant detail. There are real problems with the idea of Donald Trump becoming President but none of them involve his lack of knowledge of the names of terrorists. What difference would it make if he did know them? Would it make him a better President? I do not see how. Would anyone vote for Donald Trump tomorrow because he memorized the names of all the lead terrorists but not vote for him today before he memorized them? If so then Trump could easily get that person's vote by doing a bit of silly repetitious memorization of trivia.

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Why should anyone care if Trump knows the names of terrorists? Seems an unimportant detail. There are real problems with the idea of Donald Trump becoming President but none of them involve his lack of knowledge of the names of terrorists. What difference would it make if he did know them? Would it make him a better President? I do not see how. Would anyone vote for Donald Trump tomorrow because he memorized the names of all the lead terrorists but not vote for him today before he memorized them? If so then Trump could easily get that person's vote by doing a bit of silly repetitious memorization of trivia.
Knowing the difference between Kurds and Quds is no "silly repetitious memorization of trivia."

Hewitt wanted to conclude the interview by asking Trump a few questions of the sort he can expect in the upcoming debate, and Trump was amenable — at least, that is, until he realized that he didn’t know how to answer any of the questions, because he fundamentally didn’t know what they were about. For example, Hewitt asked him if he was familiar with General Soleimani, and Trump replied like any panicked student would, saying “Yes, but go ahead, give me a little, go ahead, tell me.”

Hewitt told him he runs the Quds Forces — the Iranian equivalent of the Navy SEALs — and Trump started talking about the Kurds. “No, not the Kurds, the Quds Forces, the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Quds Forces,” Hewitt said.

“I thought you said Kurds,” Trump replied, and tried to start talking about them again. Hewitt insisted he talk about the Quds, and an audibly annoyed Trump started speaking generally about “what’s happening with Iran.”

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Why should anyone care if Trump knows the names of terrorists? Seems an unimportant detail.

Why should anyone care if Obama:
  1. reads from a teleprompter
  2. fist bumps his wife
  3. using an umbrella
  4. puts his foot on the desk
  5. for wearing casual attire

Why should anybody care about things Trump knows about middle east terrorists? I can't imagine why....

Upvote 0

Rationalt

Oct 18, 2009
✟3,858.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married

It is stupid journalism.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(shrugs) This doesn't do it for me personally. He isn't the first candidate and won't be the last that isn't familiar with each and every aspect of the world.

When people do get the presidency? They tend to get informed pretty quickly. No doubt he - along with any person in the President's seat - do learn majority of them with their on the job training.

Although I will admit he isn't the first and won't be the last that gets media due to this either.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'd love to criticize Trump for this, but he's marketing himself as a domestic policy candidate. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't know who David Cameron was. AFAIK, he's only been buying U.S. politicians, so he probably knows most of the players there, and that's what his rhetoric has been all along. Remember how he dealt with the ISIS question? Yeah. Whatever his supporters' perceptions of him overall, I'm sure nobody's under any illusions that he has foreign policy credibility.

That said, I'll criticize his inability to admit when he doesn't know a thing. But I also think his supporters like that, too. It shows confidence.

Upvote 0

Rationalt

Oct 18, 2009
✟3,858.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
That said, I'll criticize his inability to admit when he doesn't know a thing. But I also think his supporters like that, too. It shows confidence.

Actually that is incorrect. He said he will learn about the names of terrorists when he needs to.
He knows about ISIS and what to do with them.That is adequate for now.

Upvote 0

Rationalt

Oct 18, 2009
✟3,858.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
speaker of the house of Indonesia praises Trump.

http://www.businessinsider.com/here...-end-of-donald-trumps-press-conference-2015-9

"The speaker of the house of Indonesia, he's here to see me. Setya Novanto, one of the most powerful men and a great man," Trump explained. "And his whole group is here to see me today. And we will do great things for the United States is that correct?"

"Yes," Novanto answered.

Trump had another question for his guest.

"Do they like me in Indonesia?" he asked.

"Yes, highly," Novanto said. "Thank you very much."

Following the event, Business Insider spoke with another one of the members of the Indonesian delegation who came to meet with Trump, Fadli Zon, the vice chairman of Indonesia's House of Representatives. Zon explained Trump's appeal in Indonesia, where the real-estate mogul has a number of ventures.

"I think we like him because he's also invested in Indonesia. He has some projects in Bali and West Java, so he's a friend of Indonesia," Zon said. "

Upvote 0

Willtor

Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually that is incorrect. He said he will learn about the names of terrorists when he needs to.
He knows about ISIS and what to do with them.That is adequate for now.

I was talking about a previous interview in which he was asked about ISIS. He said he'd bomb Iraq's oil fields, encircle them, and send in American oil companies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Willtor

Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is not entirely unrealistic, In my opinion.

Destroying Iraq's burgeoning infrastructures isn't going to stop ISIS, nor is it going to help us keep our friends in the region (or in the rest of the world).

Upvote 0

Rationalt

Oct 18, 2009
✟3,858.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Destroying Iraq's burgeoning infrastructures isn't going to stop ISIS, nor is it going to help us keep our friends in the region (or in the rest of the world).

Not so much as destroying entirely , but making the oil fields , from which ISIS derives it's revenue, inoperable by strategic attacks is in the realm of sound military tactics.

Upvote 0

Poor Beggar

Everything is everywhere.
Aug 21, 2015
Arizona
✟9,600.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'd love to criticize Trump for this, but he's marketing himself as a domestic policy candidate. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't know who David Cameron was. AFAIK, he's only been buying U.S. politicians, so he probably knows most of the players there, and that's what his rhetoric has been all along. Remember how he dealt with the ISIS question? Yeah. Whatever his supporters' perceptions of him overall, I'm sure nobody's under any illusions that he has foreign policy credibility.

I'm okay with that. I wouldn't mind a President who realizes that Commander-in-Chief is a formality that simply brings checks and balances to the military. At the end of the day you have to listen to your generals and not try to be one.

Reactions: Rationalt
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Not so much as destroying entirely , but making the oil fields , from which ISIS derives it's revenue, inoperable by strategic attacks is in the realm of sound military tactics.
What a terrible idea.

If that is sound military tactics, we need smarter military people.

Upvote 0