Trump demands apology from New York Times for accusing him of mocking disabled reporter

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Trump Demands NY Times Apology for Accusing Him of Mocking Disabled Reporter | Newsmax

"Serge Kovaleski must think a lot of himself if he thinks I remember him from decades ago – if I ever met him at all, which I doubt I did," Trump said in the Twitter statement. "He should stop using his disability to grandstand and get back to reporting for a paper that is rapidly going down the tubes."
Kovaleski, then a reporter for The Washington Post, was co-author of a story that did say New Jersey police investigated reports of people publicly celebrating, but no confirmation was ever found and officials now say no such celebrations ever happened.

Kovaleski told CNN his memory of the story are fuzzy, prompting Trump to tell the crowd, "Now the poor guy — you ought to see the guy: 'Uhh I don't know what I said. I don’t remember.' He’s going, 'I don't remember. Maybe that’s what I said.'"

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟883,825.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
That is immature, HOWEVER, as someone who is disabled I also feel that there are certain things that people should not use their disability for if in fact the reporter is doing that.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟726,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Frankly, the only appropriate response to Donald Trump here would involve violating the obscenity rules of the forum.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,316,963.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Trump Demands NY Times Apology for Accusing Him of Mocking Disabled Reporter | Newsmax

"Serge Kovaleski must think a lot of himself if he thinks I remember him from decades ago – if I ever met him at all, which I doubt I did," Trump said in the Twitter statement. "He should stop using his disability to grandstand and get back to reporting for a paper that is rapidly going down the tubes."
Kovaleski, then a reporter for The Washington Post, was co-author of a story that did say New Jersey police investigated reports of people publicly celebrating, but no confirmation was ever found and officials now say no such celebrations ever happened.

Kovaleski told CNN his memory of the story are fuzzy, prompting Trump to tell the crowd, "Now the poor guy — you ought to see the guy: 'Uhh I don't know what I said. I don’t remember.' He’s going, 'I don't remember. Maybe that’s what I said.'"

good for the Trumpster

Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Trump has clearly show his true character with these types of statements over and over and yet he carries a strong following regardless.
But let's be honest. Why is it only Trump who brings out the wrath of the morality posers when other candidates get a pass for doing the same thing or worse as he's charged with?

I'm inclined to think that he HAS to fight back or be buried alive under the concentrated fire of those who enjoy character assassination. Look at what they did to much milder people such as Michelle Bachman and Herman Cain.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,316,963.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
But let's be honest. Why is it only Trump who brings out the wrath of the morality posers when other candidates get a pass for doing the same thing or worse as he's charged with?

I'm inclined to think that he HAS to fight back or be buried alive under the concentrated fire of those who enjoy character assassination. Look at what they did to much milder people such as Michelle Bachman and Herman Cain.

exactly.

Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

Tigger45

St. Thomas
Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,261,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

If Trump was defending himself against things he hasn't said that would be true but that's not what I'm referring to.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If Trump was defending himself against things he hasn't said that would be true but that's not what I'm referring to.
I don't know what you are referring to, then; but quite a lot of the hub-bub HAS INDEED been about things he has NOT said.

For instance--and after I read the exact wording used, I know--he did not say that all Mexican immigrants are rapists and he did not say that he would compile a database on Muslims in the USA. And that's just for starters.

Yet he was called all the ugly names and accused of saying what he did not say in those instances. So I think my point is still relevant, regardless of what you might have been thinking of.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
"He's no worse than anyone else" is a pretty poor testimony. Unfortunately, it seems to be the stand-by response by many Christians.
You've missed the point. That comment goes to the fairness (or lack of same) on the part of those throwing the stones but pretending not to be biased.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

St. Thomas
Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,261,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't know what you are referring to, then; but quite a lot of the hub-bub HAS INDEED been about things he has NOT said.

For instance--and after I read the exact wording used, I know--he did not say that all Mexican immigrants are rapists and he did not say that he would compile a database on Muslims in the USA. And that's just for starters.

Yet he was called all the ugly names and accused of saying what he did not say in those instances. So I think my point is still relevant, regardless of what you might have been thinking of.
He was clearly mocking a physical ailment of the reporter's disability. Now do you understand?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
He was clearly mocking a physical ailment of the reporter's disability. Now do you understand?
I understand all of this. Do you understand what I told you, or is that just supposed to have been for someone else's benefit??

Upvote 0

Tigger45

St. Thomas
Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,261,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I understand all of this. Do you understand what I told you, or is that just supposed to have been for someone else's benefit??
And like I initially posted, Trump keeps making very improper statements which shows his lack of character and judgment. The question than becomes why defend him? And I would say proudly it's beyond me.

Upvote 0