Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump words:

"The audience hit back. That's what we need a little bit more of."
"In the good old days this doesn't happen because they used to treat them very, very rough."
"Try not to hurt him. If you do, I'll defend you in court, don't worry about it."
"I'd like to punch him in the face."
"Knock the crap out of them."
"Maybe he should have been roughed up."
"I don’t know if I’ll do the fighting myself or if other people will."

http://mashable.com/2016/03/12/trump-rally-incite-violence/#P8fEvWYTLiqh

Words used by Trump which fans the flames of violence.
Lucky for Trump he has his faithful to defend him to no end.

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
ChLy1hyUUAE3zVR.jpg

You justified this.
Giving a reason for it is not justifying it. No one is defending illegal, violent and dangerous behavior. So you can drop that strawman argument.

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
"If she didn't want to get raped she wouldn't have dressed like that."
No one has personally violated Trump, in fact some of you are even saying these protests only embolden his supporters and are helping him get closer to being President.

How can that possibly be comparable to justifying rape? Seriously dude.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
You seem to have difficulty blaming those who are obviously at fault. What's that like?

Now you are attempting to toss the faulty logic in your posts back at me as a rebuttal? You accused me of trying to justify violence when I did no such thing. I simply stated that Trump and his words have contributed and actually has invited violence. I hope you don't plan to vote for this guy because he's extremely dangerous. Just wait until he starts goading our enemies into attacking us.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Giving a reason for it is not justifying it. No one is defending illegal, violent and dangerous behavior. So you can drop that strawman argument.
It's not a strawman, when someone violently assaults someone and your answer for why it happened is, "well xyz politicians said something naughty" you are defending the perpetrator by shifting the blame for their actions to the politician.

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

TerranceL

Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
No one has personally violated Trump, in fact some of you are even saying these protests only embolden his supporters and are helping him get closer to being President.

How can that possibly be comparable to justifying rape? Seriously dude.
You are blaming the victim, I know you are bright enough to understand that's what I was getting at.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TerranceL

Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You are comparing Trump to a rape victim.

Unbelievable.
OK perhaps I was wrong with my assessment of your intelligence.

Do you at least understand the concept of "blaming the victim"?

Reactions: Gadarene
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It's not a strawman, when someone violently assaults someone and your answer for why it happened is, "well xyz politicians said something naughty" you are defending the perpetrator by shifting the blame for their actions to the politician.
I disagree that it is defending a violent mob to give a possible reason for their anger. I highly doubt anyone here would be among the people you see turning cars over and blocking streets so I don't think it's fair to say anyone is defending or justifying these riots.

It shouldn't be controversial to say Donald Trump is the reason people are angry at Donald Trump rallies. I think that's obvious.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes.

Do you understand that I don't see Trump as a victim.
Do you see the people assaulted by anti-Trump people as victims?

Or are they deserving of their fate because they chose to support someone you dislike?

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I disagree that it is defending a violent mob to give a possible reason for their anger. I highly doubt anyone here would be among the people you see turning cars over and blocking streets so I don't think it's fair to say anyone is defending or justifying these riots.

It shouldn't be controversial to say Donald Trump is the reason people are angry at Donald Trump rallies. I think that's obvious.
They are welcome to be as angry as they wish, when they choose to intimidate people through violence they become fascist.

And again you are using "people are angry at Trump" as if it somehow explains assault.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you see the people assaulted by anti-Trump people as victims?
Yes. Absolutely. You however, don't seem to think Trump could be exposing his supporters to this violence, not on purpose (though I wonder sometimes), by continuing to host these events. I'm sure he knows by know what happens. He knows the trouble that follows everywhere he goes.

He also knows the uptick in the polls and endless coverage from the media that come from it.

Or are they deserving of their fate because they chose to support someone you dislike?
Man, how many times do I have to say this? No one is defending a violent mob.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes. Absolutely. You however, don't seem to think Trump could be exposing his supporters to this violence, not on purpose (though I wonder sometimes), by continuing to host these events. I'm sure he knows by know what happens. He knows the trouble that follows everywhere he goes.

So your answer is what? People should give into the violent intimidation and let their voices be silenced?

And no Trump isn't calling for people to come assault his supporters.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Then you haven't been following this thread.
The irony of many of the posters in this thread getting a taste of what they continually dish out to others is not lost on me (some of the biggest offenders too). Remember this. It's okay when they decide if someone else is justifying something, or when they accuse others of things. However, when the shoe is on the other foot, they have a complete inability to see it. It's part of the partisan blindness.

ETA: It is very apparent to me that some only think things/actions are wrong when they occur to people that agree with them. Those same acts will be justified if they occur to people they disagree with. It's all very conditional. It would be nice if they could apply their thinking across the board. That's relativism for you though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If Trump cared at all about this he'd try and find ways to avoid causing more riots everywhere he goes.

I don't think a person can "avoid causing riots" unfortunately...because it's really not the person themselves that cause the riots in most cases, it's the people not being able to contain their anger at what other people say.

It's unfortunately a negative, ugly attitude that has been adopted by people on both extreme ends of the political spectrum.

We've seen hardcore conservatives get out of hand, and we've seen hardcore liberals get out of hand.

If someone is yelling obnoxious things, it's okay to yell back, it's okay to hold up a sign saying that you hate the person...it's when it crosses that line where a person thinks "I'm angry, and the only way to vent my anger is to damage something (or someone)", that it becomes really problematic.

Trump (or anyone else for that matter) should be able to publicly say anything offensive, controversial, etc... without fear or threat of physical reprisal. ...and that goes both ways.

I don't think any political candidates or public figures cause riots, I think the riots themselves are caused by this selfish mentality that "nobody should be allowed to say anything offends me or that I disagree with"

...and like I said, I'm not trying to pick on one side or the other, there's a lot of it going around.

Upvote 0