Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-27/inside-the-trump-bunker-with-12-days-to-go

They know they are losing....so..

To compensate for this, Trump’s campaign has devised another strategy, which, not surprisingly, is negative. Instead of expanding the electorate, Bannon and his team are trying to shrink it. “We have three major voter suppression operations under way,” says a senior official. They’re aimed at three groups Clinton needs to win overwhelmingly: idealistic white liberals, young women, and African Americans. Trump’s invocation at the debate of Clinton’s WikiLeaks e-mails and support for the Trans-Pacific Partnership was designed to turn off Sanders supporters. The parade of women who say they were sexually assaulted by Bill Clinton and harassed or threatened by Hillary is meant to undermine her appeal to young women. And her 1996 suggestion that some African American males are “super predators” is the basis of a below-the-radar effort to discourage infrequent black voters from showing up at the polls—particularly in Florida.​

smithed64

To Die is gain, To Live is Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
You do know, that, this is happening from both sides of the aisle?
The Hillary campaign is out in force, just as is the trump campaign.
No one is guiltless in this. Only thing is, I've not heard, not saying it hasn't happened, just haven't heard of any Hillary voters ending up in the hospital, as of yet. I hope it doesn't come to that. It's pretty ugly this year.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,749,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You do know, that, this is happening from both sides of the aisle?
The Hillary campaign is out in force, just as is the trump campaign.
No one is guiltless in this. Only thing is, I've not heard, not saying it hasn't happened, just haven't heard of any Hillary voters ending up in the hospital, as of yet. I hope it doesn't come to that. It's pretty ugly this year.
Well, I read about some Trump protesters getting injured.

But the article is more about campaign strategy by the campaigns themselves and not the actions of a few supporters on each side.

Upvote 0

smithed64

To Die is gain, To Live is Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, I read about some Trump protesters getting injured.

But the article is more about campaign strategy by the campaigns themselves and not the actions of a few supporters on each side.

Yeah, that's probably true. But it still a poor way to campaign from either side. I've seen High School students act more civilized than these so called adults.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Both sides are bad so throwing mud at one instead of the other is silly. Just like there are paid people by Hillarys campaign that go to Trump rallies to cause fights. Then they film it and tell the media about it so it looks like Trump fans are the bad ones, ignoring the fact Democrats were their and paid on purpose.

• Agree
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, there is some bad behavior on both sides. That is awful imho.

agreed. it distracts from the message on both sides.
and in the end it's a real disservice to the voting public
more than it is to the candidates.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,749,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Both sides are bad so throwing mud at one instead of the other is silly. Just like there are paid people by Hillarys campaign that go to Trump rallies to cause fights. Then they film it and tell the media about it so it looks like Trump fans are the bad ones, ignoring the fact Democrats were their and paid on purpose.
You are referring to a video by a fellow who greatly edits footage to show it how he wants - and those videos cannot be shown here because of profanity in the graphics alone.
The entire footage would need to be shown at some point to determine truth. What is know is that the Trump Foundation paid that filmmaker $10,000 at the start of the Trump campaign. It sure looks like it was to make the edited film, which was produced by O'Keefe (convicted in 2010 of a botched sting of a senator) and Halderman (convicted of trying to extort money from David Letterman).

http://www.cnbc.com/id/104039854

the truthfulness of all this will come out one way or another. It is hard to find links that do not include the videos and the profanity.

But the point of the thread is about an effort by the Trump campaign in the closing weeks of the election.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
... So they're devising strategies to win? Golly, what a bunch of finks and scoundrels! There ought to be a law against trying to win elections, eh?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you have anythingg to corroborate the article in your OP from the extreme left leaning Bloomberg and his Hitler last days in the bunker dig?

Btw. Trump is doing four to eight campaigns a day. Where is Hillary? Napping?

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,749,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you have anythingg to corroborate the article in your OP from the extreme left leaning Bloomberg and his Hitler last days in the bunker dig?

Trump has to do campaign events as he does not have the money for the TV ads like Hillary has, nor have the ground game in place, and does not have surrogates like Obama, Michelle Obama, Elizabeth Warren, Tim Caine, Joe Biden and Bill to help campaign.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,749,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The New York Post also ran the story and they are a right leaning paper.

All the stuff from Breitbert on this site and you are questioning Bloomberg? kinda comical to me, but that is my view.

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-27/inside-the-trump-bunker-with-12-days-to-go

To compensate for this, Trump’s campaign has devised another strategy, which, not surprisingly, is negative. Instead of expanding the electorate, Bannon and his team are trying to shrink it. “We have three major voter suppression operations under way,” says a senior official. They’re aimed at three groups Clinton needs to win overwhelmingly: idealistic white liberals, young women, and African Americans. Trump’s invocation at the debate of Clinton’s WikiLeaks e-mails and support for the Trans-Pacific Partnership was designed to turn off Sanders supporters. The parade of women who say they were sexually assaulted by Bill Clinton and harassed or threatened by Hillary is meant to undermine her appeal to young women. And her 1996 suggestion that some African American males are “super predators” is the basis of a below-the-radar effort to discourage infrequent black voters from showing up at the polls—particularly in Florida.​

To call this "voter suppression" is laughable. It's called politics. It's called campaigning. Are liberals really this desperate?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,570.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
The New York Post also ran the story and they are a right leaning paper.

All the stuff from Breitbert on this site and you are questioning Bloomberg? kinda comical to me, but that is my view.
This is no longer funny.

It is disturbing and sickening seeing these people lie through their teeth about Clinton and Democrats.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,205,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't think the Trump campaign invented this strategy...attempts at voter suppression and gerrymandering are an unfortunate mainstay of US politics for the last few decades.

The general attitude is "I don't want to put in the work to earn the vote of a specific group, and I don't want to budge from my platform in order to court them...so it would just be easier for me if that group didn't vote at all (or, if we drew the district lines to nullify that groups vote in certain regions)"

Even though I lean conservative on many issues, I'll openly admit, the GOP is guilty of about 2/3 of the unethical gerrymandering, and the overwhelming majority of voter suppression.

Now, the democrats aren't clean in this either, in terms of "who's allowed to vote", they sometimes go too far in the other direction. For example, they're perfectly content having very lax voter laws in certain areas of the country (adjacent to a certain border) because their more than happy to accept the votes of people who may or may not be citizens.

Essentially, what needs to happen is both sides need to be consistent about the rules of the game when it comes to voting and stop trying to rig the game.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Trump has to do campaign events as he does not have the money for the TV ads like Hillary has, nor have the ground game in place, and does not have surrogates like Obama, Michelle Obama, Elizabeth Warren, Tim Caine, Joe Biden and Bill to help campaign.
Don't forget about illary's buddies in the "news media" covering for her.

• Agree
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,401.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Wow. It's pretty amazing so see a meme mutate like this. From someone talking on a video to a "fact" in a two short weeks.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,401.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Have you ever thought about actually looking things up instead of repeating a lame meme?
https://hillaryspeeches.com/scheduled-events/

Upvote 0