Trump 2016: We need a business man

ChristJudgeOfAll

Jul 1, 2015
✟9,729.00
Faith
Protestant
What America needs right now isn't someone who is politically correct, someone who is a career politician. We need a business man, someone who is tough, and not afraid to negotiate the best deal on America's behalf.

The New York real estate market is a beast, it's a dog eat dog world. We don't need another nice guy in office. We need a beast, we need someone who conquered the real estate world and can lead.

Trump has the name recognition and the money to avoid special interests. He'll bring back jobs I have no doubt. He'll bring out economy up, and He'll "make America great again".

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Sure, we could use a business man, but I'm pretty sure he's in it just for the publicity.

I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt and view his campaign as a experiment looking to disprove the idea that there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I would have liked to think that someone with the handle "Christjudgeofall" would be a slightly better judge of character and compassion.

Trump would make the US a laughing stock. Repeat: Laughing stock. I understand the charisma he would have with people of a particular economic bent, but really, he offers nothing else to the table.

Upvote 0

ChristJudgeOfAll

Jul 1, 2015
✟9,729.00
Faith
Protestant
I would have liked to think that someone with the handle "Christjudgeofall" would be a slightly better judge of character and compassion.

Trump would make the US a laughing stock. Repeat: Laughing stock. I understand the charisma he would have with people of a particular economic bent, but really, he offers nothing else to the table.

And why does he offer nothing else? He basically dominated the New York real estate market, arguably the toughest market in the world. I don't care that he called Mexican rapists, as long as he can dominant other countries in negotiating for the U.S. and create jobs, he can mouth off about Mexicans all he wants.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
And why does he offer nothing else? He basically dominated the New York real estate market, arguably the toughest market in the world. I don't care that he called Mexican rapists, as long as he can dominant other countries in negotiating for the U.S. and create jobs, he can mouth off about Mexicans all he wants.

Um, no, he can't. First and foremost, just to use this example, I think him calling Mexican's rapists might impede negotiations with, I don't know...MEXICANS.

Running a business and running a country aren't the same thing, no matter how much certain people would like people to think they're.

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

Trump has filed for corporate bankruptcy 4 times. If we're just going to talk about economics, and completely leave everything else (like, say, diplomacy, environmentalism, education, dealing with social problems, and the like, none of which Trump seems to have any interest in or experience with), it needs to be stated that Trump has filed for corporate bankruptcy 4 times. Indeed, after the first time (where he went $900M into debt and had to sell off large portions of his own property), he stopped risking his own money, and instead started risking other people's money.

But of course, the presidency isn't just about economics. It's also about all those other things that Trump has shown a flippant and blatant disregard for. If you start your presidential run with a speech talking about how our neighbor to the south has sent a bunch of rapists, murderers, and drug-dealers our way, and that Latino immigrants are a problem, you've made it immediately clear that you have no interest in dealing with the real issues Latino immigrants face and no interest in earnest diplomacy with our neighbors. You also make it clear that you are perfectly willing to make bigoted and wrong statements - what he said was false, and it's trivially to find this information.

Trump is not a good idea for president.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ChristJudgeOfAll

Jul 1, 2015
✟9,729.00
Faith
Protestant
Trump has filed for corporate bankruptcy 4 times. If we're just going to talk about economics, and completely leave everything else (like, say, diplomacy, environmentalism, education, dealing with social problems, and the like, none of which Trump seems to have any interest in or experience with), it needs to be stated that Trump has filed for corporate bankruptcy 4 times. Indeed, after the first time (where he went $900M into debt and had to sell off large portions of his own property), he stopped risking his own money, and instead started risking other people's money.

But of course, the presidency isn't just about economics. It's also about all those other things that Trump has shown a flippant and blatant disregard for. If you start your presidential run with a speech talking about how our neighbor to the south has sent a bunch of rapists, murderers, and drug-dealers our way, and that Latino immigrants are a problem, you've made it immediately clear that you have no interest in dealing with the real issues Latino immigrants face and no interest in earnest diplomacy with our neighbors. You also make it clear that you are perfectly willing to make bigoted and wrong statements - what he said was false, and it's trivially to find this information.

Trump is not a good idea for president.

Trump may have filed for bankruptcy in the past, but he's worth almost 9 billion dollars now. Trump needs to deal with issues that Americans face, not what latin immigrants face.

The U.S. President's number one concern should be this country, and not give a crap about any other country unless it can be for our benefit.

I have very little concern what our neighbor in the south thinks of us.
Besides I agree with Trump, we need to just go to the Middle East and take the oil, we should just take their resources instead of trying to help them build a government. We all know we are there for economic reasons anyway.

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump may have filed for bankruptcy in the past, but he's worth almost 9 billion dollars now.

Yeah, because after the first time, he stopped gambling with his money, and instead started using other people's.

Trump needs to deal with issues that Americans face, not what latin immigrants face.

Yeah, see, this is the problem. Those Latin immigrants? They are Americans. They live in our communities, their children go to our schools, and if they are children of immigrants or if they have gone through the nationalization process, they vote. These people are, like it or not, a part of this country, and to ignore them all as a bunch of criminals shows an intense disregard for an ever-growing portion of the US populace - 17% by recent figures. And, you know, the fact that he's totally wrong doesn't help his case!

The U.S. President's number one concern should be this country, and not give a crap about any other country unless it can be for our benefit.

Hey buddy? Newsflash: in the age of globalization, this complete and utter lack of grace and tact is a terrible idea.

Yeah, I'm sure the 40-odd billion dollars of imports and exports each month don't really matter all that much. And neither does our outstanding trade debt. :) I'm also sure that the 17% of our populace that identifies as Latino won't care that quite a few of them are being painted with such a dishonest and slanderous broad brush. And finally, I'm sure that of the countless Americans who heard Trump's blatantly false remarks, none of them took them to heart, or further reinforced racist biases.

Oh wait. None of that is true.

Besides I agree with Trump, we need to just go to the Middle East and take the oil, we should just take their resources instead of trying to help them build a government. We all know we are there for economic reasons anyway.

In this paragraph: "How to alienate the entire world, part 3".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The U.S. President's number one concern should be this country...

This should preclude wanting this:

I agree with Trump, we need to just go to the Middle East and take the oil, we should just take their resources ...

... To take place because adopting the foreign policy of the Vikings is going to harm the U.S. a great more then the plunder it garners is going to help us.

Upvote 0

ChristJudgeOfAll

Jul 1, 2015
✟9,729.00
Faith
Protestant
Yeah, because after the first time, he stopped gambling with his money, and instead started using other people's.

Yeah, see, this is the problem. Those Latin immigrants? They are Americans. They live in our communities, their children go to our schools, and if they are children of immigrants or if they have gone through the nationalization process, they vote. These people are, like it or not, a part of this country, and to ignore them all as a bunch of criminals shows an intense disregard for an ever-growing portion of the US populace - 17% by recent figures. And, you know, the fact that he's totally wrong doesn't help his case!

Hey buddy? Newsflash: in the age of globalization, this complete and utter lack of grace and tact is a terrible idea.

Yeah, I'm sure the 40-odd billion dollars of imports and exports each month don't really matter all that much. And neither does our outstanding trade debt. :) I'm also sure that the 17% of our populace that identifies as Latino won't care that quite a few of them are being painted with such a dishonest and slanderous broad brush. And finally, I'm sure that of the countless Americans who heard Trump's blatantly false remarks, none of them took them to heart, or further reinforced racist biases.

Oh wait. None of that is true.

In this paragraph: "How to alienate the entire world, part 3".

1) I guess everyone should just gamble with other people's money so we can be billionaires huh? Making 9 billion dollars is somehow easier when you use investments huh? LOL

2) No, they are NOT Americans, if they are American citizens, I wouldn't call them latin immigrants. If they don't have citizenship, then they are NOT AMERICANS. They shouldn't be allowed to vote, and if they do, it's illegal.

3) China is doing great in this era of globalization, and they completely lack utter grace. They manipulate their currency and keep it low. Power makes up for the lack of grace anyday.

4) Mexico needs to keep us happy a lot more than we need to keep Mexico happy. Maybe Mexico should remember what happened the last time they went to war with us. It's time we seriously flexed our muscles and start demanding more from everyone.

Upvote 0

ChristJudgeOfAll

Jul 1, 2015
✟9,729.00
Faith
Protestant
This should preclude wanting this:

... To take place because adopting the foreign policy of the Vikings is going to harm the U.S. a great more then the plunder it garners is going to help us.

There would be less objection to the U.S. taking oil from the Middle East than Russia taking Ukraine. And I'm pretty sure Russia's invasion of the Ukraine is highly beneficial to Russia.

FYI colonization almost always benefitted the people who colonized. It's the native population that suffers. Just look at the Native Americans, we benefit from the taking of their land and resource greatly.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
This is exactly the kind of voter Trump would court and succeed with; a disconcerting lack of empathy for other human beings who wants nothing more than to make money.

Luckily, most people recognize how anti-social this behaviour is and he would never ever get into the oval office.

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
4) Mexico needs to keep us happy a lot more than we need to keep Mexico happy. Maybe Mexico should remember what happened the last time they went to war with us. It's time we seriously flexed our muscles and start demanding more from everyone.
It is easier than expecting more from yourself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ChristJudgeOfAll

Jul 1, 2015
✟9,729.00
Faith
Protestant
This is exactly the kind of voter Trump would court and succeed with; a disconcerting lack of empathy for other human beings who wants nothing more than to make money.

Luckily, most people recognize how anti-social this behaviour is and he would never ever get into the oval office.

Why should the U.S. President care about other people in other countries? Should the CEO of target care about the employees at Wal-mart?

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There would be less objection to the U.S. taking oil from the Middle East than Russia taking Ukraine. And I'm pretty sure Russia's invasion of the Ukraine is highly beneficial to Russia.

Their economic troubles and increasing isolation indicate the otherwise.

FYI colonization almost always benefitted the people who colonized. It's the native population that suffers. Just look at the Native Americans, we benefit from the taking of their land and resource greatly.

In the world as it exists today invasion and exploitation of another country would be an great net loss. Invading some region of the Middle East would give the U.S. more direct control over their oil reserves but the backlash against the U.S. for such actions would make that a huge net loss.

Upvote 0

ChristJudgeOfAll

Jul 1, 2015
✟9,729.00
Faith
Protestant
Their economic troubles and increasing isolation indicate the otherwise.

In the world as it exists today invasion and exploitation of another country would be an great net loss. Invading some region of the Middle East would give the U.S. more direct control over their oil reserves but the backlash against the U.S. for such actions would make that a huge net loss.

Russia is doing fine, and the world wouldn't care that much if we took the oil reserves in the Middle East. China would make a big deal out of it, but they wouldn't actually take any action. You crazy if you think any country would put a economic sanction on the U.S. as a result of it.

We would get people protesting and we would get some countries cry foul, but none would take action. They might take action if we kept on invading. People would cry foul, that's all the backlash that would happen. No one is prepared to go to a economic war with us, much less a physical war.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Why should the U.S. President care about other people in other countries? Should the CEO of target care about the employees at Wal-mart?
Well, here's the thing. I would like to think that American citizens would vote in a human being as their president. Now, that may seem ridiculous but it's true.
One of the cool attributes of a human is that they have a compulsion to show empathy towards other humans (especially those in need); sometimes even compassion. All humans (except for the odd sociopath and psychopath) have that uncontrollable compulsion for empathy; true care about other humans. Now, the weird thing about being empathetic is that it doesn't stop with pesky things like borders, nationality, race, etc. It's something that well functioning humans show to all humans regardless of those things.
When people show a lack of empathy towards others, that tends to put off normal empathetic humans because it's hard to trust them. The only other people who embrace that, are other sociopaths who don't see their behaviours as problematic.
This is why people don't trust Trump. There is a disproportionate number of very successful businessmen (And women) who are sociopaths. Having a sociopath as a leader of any country (let alone the US) is bad news.

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0