• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Truly Forgiven?

favoredbyGod

Feb 2, 2007
✟8,229.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
For those of you who have read my forced abortion thread, I'm glad that my mom had a change of heart with that, but I pay for it everyday (my mother is supposedly a pastor)

I constantly hear that I look bad / dead, my child will be retarded (she was just being hurtful), I am an embarassment, etc.

Everytime I try to move forward I am constantly told that I am unhappy because this is my fault (it is my fault), that I'm selfish and that she will not help me take care of my child, although I never expected her to. When I talk to my boyfriend (the father of my child), she gets so upset telling me how he will eventually leave me, then what will I do.

I pray to be forgiven, but don't believe that I am and will ever be... I deeply regret sinning in the first place.

If I don't have the support from my family, then I don't have any.

*Please pray that my child that will be born healthy in all aspects*

Criada

Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry your mother is not being supportive, sweetie, that must be hard to deal with, especially at a time when you are bound to be emotional anyway.
Do you have any other relatives who may be more understanding?

Praying for you, and your baby, and for your mother.

Upvote 0

dobieman0488

May 29, 2007
✟8,376.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
sweetheart, if you truly placed your faith and trust in jesus for your salvation, in his death and resurrectoin, you are forgiven, repent and move on. repentance is more for us than it's for god, it's for us to ensure that we're on the right path of forgiveness. Hebrews said that christ died once for all, meaning all sin, past, present and future is forgiven, and that includes this sin, god forgives you if you're a christian, you're his daughter and he's the perfect father.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
For those of you who have read my forced abortion thread, I'm glad that my mom had a change of heart with that, but I pay for it everyday (my mother is supposedly a pastor)

I constantly hear that I look bad / dead, my child will be retarded (she was just being hurtful), I am an embarassment, etc.

Everytime I try to move forward I am constantly told that I am unhappy because this is my fault (it is my fault), that I'm selfish and that she will not help me take care of my child, although I never expected her to. When I talk to my boyfriend (the father of my child), she gets so upset telling me how he will eventually leave me, then what will I do.

I pray to be forgiven, but don't believe that I am and will ever be... I deeply regret sinning in the first place.

If I don't have the support from my family, then I don't have any.

*Please pray that my child that will be born healthy in all aspects*

Your mother is being absolutely ridiculous and couldn't be more wrong. She is behaving shamefully, you are already forgiven.

Upvote 0

dawnsday

Senior Veteran
Nov 19, 2004
STL, MO
✟18,344.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just want to point out...as a woman who had a child out of wedlock at 19...the child is not a sin. the pregnancy is not a sin. Children are a blessing from God. PERIOD.

And the sin that was there, is yours to own and repent of, if you choose. God is the only one who can wash you of that guilt (and in my experience, even if He does, sometimes we still beat ourselves up).

You are in a difficult situation and not having your mother's support just makes it worse, but your mother doesn't control your mouth and if you need to reach out, do it...it's as much for you as it is the baby.

Upvote 0