1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2. Please check out our two newest forums, the "Buy, Sell or Trade" (link ) forum in the Society Category, and the "Conspiracy Theories" (link) forum in our Discussion and Debate Category.

Truly Forgiven?

Discussion in 'General Struggles' started by favoredbyGod, Jul 13, 2009.

1. favoredbyGod

favoredbyGod Regular Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    For those of you who have read my forced abortion thread, I'm glad that my mom had a change of heart with that, but I pay for it everyday (my mother is supposedly a pastor)

I constantly hear that I look bad / dead, my child will be retarded (she was just being hurtful), I am an embarassment, etc.

Everytime I try to move forward I am constantly told that I am unhappy because this is my fault (it is my fault), that I'm selfish and that she will not help me take care of my child, although I never expected her to. When I talk to my boyfriend (the father of my child), she gets so upset telling me how he will eventually leave me, then what will I do.

I pray to be forgiven, but don't believe that I am and will ever be... I deeply regret sinning in the first place.

If I don't have the support from my family, then I don't have any.

*Please pray that my child that will be born healthy in all aspects*

2. Criada

Criada <b> Recovery Co-manager </b><br><b>Moderation & St Staff Member Supporter Staff on LOA CF Ambassador Angels Team

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian-Seeker
    I'm sorry your mother is not being supportive, sweetie, that must be hard to deal with, especially at a time when you are bound to be emotional anyway.
    Do you have any other relatives who may be more understanding?

Praying for you, and your baby, and for your mother.

3. favoredbyGod

favoredbyGod Regular Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    NO, no one else knows, she has forbidden me to tell them. Also I am embarrased to tell anyone else anyway.

4. fairygailie

fairygailie Newbie

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Christian
    awwww - hug. i suggest go on whatever websites you find where you can find understanding and compassion, preferably christian.

and remember that Jesus died for ALL sins, so yes, you are given if you are sorry.

5. R.A.IN

R.A.IN Daughter of the King!

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Christian
    God forgives all sins. ((((hugs))))

6. UnitynLove

UnitynLove Guest

7. NormanLUnderwood2010

NormanLUnderwood2010 Newbie

Faith:
    Christian
    God does not leave you. He is always at your side. Don't lose heart. There is hope above all trials.

8. R.A.IN

R.A.IN Daughter of the King!

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Christian
  9. NormanLUnderwood2010

NormanLUnderwood2010 Newbie

Faith:
    Christian
    Hmm God will forgive you for sure..He understands you more..
    If not, He is not a God..:thumbsup:
    So cheer up! God is always with us!!

10. dobieman0488

dobieman0488 Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    sweetheart, if you truly placed your faith and trust in jesus for your salvation, in his death and resurrectoin, you are forgiven, repent and move on. repentance is more for us than it's for god, it's for us to ensure that we're on the right path of forgiveness. Hebrews said that christ died once for all, meaning all sin, past, present and future is forgiven, and that includes this sin, god forgives you if you're a christian, you're his daughter and he's the perfect father.

11. laconicstudent

laconicstudent New Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Politics:
    US-Democrat
    Faith:
    Christian-Seeker

Your mother is being absolutely ridiculous and couldn't be more wrong. She is behaving shamefully, you are already forgiven.

12. dawnsday

dawnsday Senior Veteran

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Libertarian
    Faith:
    Christian
    Just want to point out...as a woman who had a child out of wedlock at 19...the child is not a sin. the pregnancy is not a sin. Children are a blessing from God. PERIOD.

And the sin that was there, is yours to own and repent of, if you choose. God is the only one who can wash you of that guilt (and in my experience, even if He does, sometimes we still beat ourselves up).

You are in a difficult situation and not having your mother's support just makes it worse, but your mother doesn't control your mouth and if you need to reach out, do it...it's as much for you as it is the baby.

13. YoungMarriedLove

YoungMarriedLove Newbie

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    Talk to god, he will always forgive you. I will pray for you.