Arizona
✟66,629.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Can anyone link to where a well known conspiracy theory has been shown to be real and not just pie in the sky?
There are real conspiracies out there, but they cease being theories when they cease being imagined. It's kind of like alternative medicine; if alternative medicine worked we would just call it medicine.

The longer something is a conspiracy theory, the less likely it is to be an actual conspiracy.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟312,671.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
There are real conspiracies out there, but they cease being theories when they cease being imagined. It's kind of like alternative medicine; if alternative medicine worked we would just call it medicine.

The longer something is a conspiracy theory, the less likely it is to be an actual conspiracy.

I guess that's what I'm getting at: are there any 'fringe' theories that were hushed up but uncovered by internet slueths?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Viren

Contributor
Dec 9, 2010
Seattle
✟38,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I like to focus on facts. Like Marvin Bush George W. Bush's younger brother being the director of the company in charge of security for Dulles National Airport, United Airlines and the World Trade Center leading up to nine eleven. That's just too big of a coincidence imo. I don't really care if I'm called a tin hat conspiracy theorist. All I'm after is truth.

Reactions: LastSeven
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I guess that's what I'm getting at: are there any 'fringe' theories that were hushed up but uncovered by internet slueths?
None that I know of.

Best revealed conspiracies I can think of are arguable, at best, but Gulf of Tonkin and the Catholic Church response to clerical abuse. I don't think either case is really a conspiracy in the classical sense, though.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I like to focus on facts. Like Marvin Bush George W. Bush's younger brother being the director of the company in charge of security for Dulles National Airport, United Airlines and the World Trade Center leading up to nine eleven. That's just too big of a coincidence imo. I don't really care if I'm called a tin hat conspiracy theorist. All I'm after is truth.
...so?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Armoured

Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Really? Did you even bother doing a search? check the link posted by WalksWithChrist.
They're all sort of conspiracies, if you half close your eye and look sideways. They've none of them been broken open by people with randomly capitalised Geocities websites though. Nor are any of them on the order of what people usually mean when discussing such, like "9/11 was an inside job", or "Freemasons/Illuminati are conspiring to commit genocide" or stuff like that.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟114,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nine eleven is actually a true conspiracy in itself

The definition of a conspiracy is

con·spir·a·cy
kənˈspirəsē/
noun
  1. a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful.
    "a conspiracy to destroy the government"

synonyms: plot, scheme, plan, machination, ploy, trick, ruse, subterfuge;
    informalracket
    "a conspiracy to manipulate the results"

So no matter what side of the nine eleven deal you are on (concerning which group of players secretly planned to do something unlawful or hurtful) its still a conspiracy regardless.

Just who exactly is believed to have been involved might still be in the realm of theorizing as things continued to surface.

One side might believe the official story and the other side might not. Both have their reasons for believing or not believing the other sides view (of that conspracy) but its still a true conspiracy.

Either way the whole ordeal was a catapult for many things coming together as they are today.

I think I will call it "convenient"

How about, the 9-11 conveniency?:ebil:

Upvote 0

Viren

Contributor
Dec 9, 2010
Seattle
✟38,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

What are the odds that George W. Bush's brother would be in charge of the company responsible for security at the airport, the plane and the buildings that were hit? The company was responsible for preventing what happened. It's like a one in a million chance that Marvin Bush would be the one in charge.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Armoured

Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What are the odds that George W. Bush's brother would be in charge of the company responsible for security at the airport, the plane and the buildings that were hit? The company was responsible for preventing what happened. It's like a one in a million chance that Marvin Bush would be the one in charge.
Well, if what you say is accurate, his brother was responsible for the security of ONE of the planes that hit ONE of the buildings. In fact, the plane from Dulles hit the Pentagon, not the WTC, so is a private security company responsible for the Pentagon security? In this day and age, it's possible, but it doesn't sound like that's what you were saying.

I seriously doubt that the boss of any airport security company has much to do with how the day to day security issues are dealt with. I don't know about the US, but in Australia, the guidelines of aviation security come from the Federal Government, the individual companies are just contractors following the script.

Now, if you had evidence that M. Bush had sent out a memo saying that "box cutters are to be allowed through" you might have something. Short of that? Meh, I'm happy to accept it as coincidence. Possible evidence of some low level cronyism if one brother got another brother's company a federal contract, but that's not really that damning, IMHO.

As for being in charge of building security, I'm not sure what you would want the average security company to do about an aeroplane crashing into your building. SAMs?

Upvote 0

Viren

Contributor
Dec 9, 2010
Seattle
✟38,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, if what you say is accurate, his brother was responsible for the security of ONE of the planes that hit ONE of the buildings. In fact, the plane from Dulles hit the Pentagon, not the WTC, so is a private security company responsible for the Pentagon security? In this day and age, it's possible, but it doesn't sound like that's what you were saying.

I seriously doubt that the boss of any airport security company has much to do with how the day to day security issues are dealt with. I don't know about the US, but in Australia, the guidelines of aviation security come from the Federal Government, the individual companies are just contractors following the script.

Now, if you had evidence that M. Bush had sent out a memo saying that "box cutters are to be allowed through" you might have something. Short of that? Meh, I'm happy to accept it as coincidence. Possible evidence of some low level cronyism if one brother got another brother's company a federal contract, but that's not really that damning, IMHO.

As for being in charge of building security, I'm not sure what you would want the average security company to do about an aeroplane crashing into your building. SAMs?

I can't prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was an inside job, but when you have M. Bush in charge of security for the plane and the building and his brother in charge of the response what happened along with many other things like what happened to WT7 it's just too much. I have a degree in structural engineering and there's no reason WT7 should have collapsed the way it did. Consider what happened to the building in the Oklahoma city bombing. Half of it was blown apart and the remaining portion still didn't collapse. WT7 was fully intact it collapsed completely. Also, the Empire State building was hit by a B-25 bomber in 1945 which also caused and jet fuel fire and it was also constructed of steel and idn't collapse. The WTC was built to withstand a jetliner impact including the fact that there would be a jet fuel fire following impact. To think that the designers didn't assume a jet fuel fire following impact is pretty ridiculous.

Reactions: LastSeven
Upvote 0

Armoured

Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I can't prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was an inside job, but when you have M. Bush in charge of security for the plane and the building and his brother in charge of the response what happened along with many other things like what happened to WT7 it's just too much. I have a degree in structural engineering and there's no reason WT7 should have collapsed the way it did. Consider what happened to the building in the Oklahoma city bombing. Half of it was blown apart and the remaining portion still didn't collapse. WT7 was fully intact it collapsed completely. Also, the Empire State building was hit by a B-25 bomber in 1945 which also caused and jet fuel fire and it was also constructed of steel and idn't collapse. The WTC was built to withstand a jetliner impact including the fact that there would be a jet fuel fire following impact. To think that the designers didn't assume a jet fuel fire following impact is pretty ridiculous.
Well, military training in demolition and explosives is all I have to bring to the discussion. Oh, and a bit on security and search technique. I can't speak to structural engineering, but I'd bet my entire years income that it wasn't a controlled demolition.

I've never understood exactly what the supposed problem with WTC 7 is supposed to be, either, or what could have possibly been in it that would demand such an arcane, round about and imprecise method to destroy if that's what was the target of an "inside job" 9/11.

Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are thousands of conspiracy theories out there. At least 40 or so that are common ones people talk about (fake moon landing, 9/11 inside job, JFK shot dead by <insert group>) but people say 99% of conspiracies are fake and based on very little evidence other then people piecing nothing into something. Most are refutable.

The bigger thing people need to realize about conspiracy theories is as a christian they are dangerous for our walks. Think about it. What do they make you do? They make you paranoid about things, make you fearful, make you think the world is out to get you. All things that go again what God would have us do. Such as we should have hope in Him, trust in Him and so on. Conspiracies are one of the best tricks the devil knows how to use because he knows our weakness for fear.

I was involved in conspiracy forums for half of my life and regret it after I got out of it. It certainly had taking far away from God and my walk with Him.

Reactions: topcare
Upvote 0