Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
419gam said:

Its okay though I will post this under my "real" name

Sincerely,
Fake McFakenstein.

Now, I sincerely hope that's your real name. If it isn't, and if the gov't finds out, you'll be in even deeper water.

And you'll probably have to issue an apology to all the McFakenstein families out there.

Upvote 0

419gam

Veteran
Mar 26, 2005
California
✟1,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am surprised that anyone is in support of this. Are people really so emotianally fragile that they have to legally be protected from being annoyed? I bet lots of the same nutty people who support this whacko law were the same people that had to run to mommie or teacher over every single playground arguement.

People wonder why our nation is getting soft. This is a prime example. People claim to want free speech, but then want to be protected from being bothered or offended. What a croc.

Upvote 0

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think the problem is that most people really just want to be free to say what they will. That is, people want freedom of speech for themselves, but not for people who think differently. This is not directed at anyone in particular, but I think that it's a typical desire to want to be expressed, but not to have one's ego injured by debate.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
419gam said:
What a croc.

Actually, I don't recall seeing a post by Croc, though I have to wonder if you weren't intentionally trying to annoy him by using his username like that.;)

Disclaimer: This post was intended as a joke and not to annoy or offend anyone or anything.

Upvote 0

ClaireZ

Senior Veteran
Apr 29, 2004
USA
✟12,188.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Stormy said:
It has already been passed.

The bill cleared the House of Representatives by voice vote, and the Senate unanimously approved it Dec. 16. It has been signed into law by the President.

Thanks Stormy, that means our Congress is even more corrupt then I imagined they could be. To pass a law against Free Speech in the Public Arena.

I am willing to bet this is attempt to go after the bloggers. Well I for one would gladly go to prison for the right to say what I feel. After all I was raised an American, and my family has been fighting in wars to protect these rights since the Revolutionary War. :cool:

Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ClaireZ said:
Well I for one would gladly go to prison for the right to say what I feel.

Even on this forum we are not allowed to say what we want...especially depending on the moderator....;)

Reactions: PookySmiley
Upvote 0

ClaireZ

Senior Veteran
Apr 29, 2004
USA
✟12,188.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ginny said:
Even on this forum we are not allowed to say what we want...especially depending on the moderator....;)

Actually we can say pretty much anything we want here as long as we say it in a respectful and civil manner, and limit our posts to the appropriate forums.

And the internet is a much, much bigger place than CF. In fact, I bet when they passed this law, CF never even entered the conversation.

If I were to guess, and I am just guessing, I would bet that the sites they had in mind were more like DU, Raw Story, and individual bloggers.

Upvote 0