Veteran
Sep 27, 2005
✟10,482.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
george78 said:
http://news.com.com/Create+an+e-annoyance%2C+go+to+jail/2010-1028_3-6022491.html

Annoying someone via the Internet is now a federal crime.

-------------------------------

Personally I am glad that this Legislation was passed. For some reason internet boards (including this one) seem to have many more liberals than the general public at large. If you took internet polls at the last general election, Kerry was winning them with 65%+ of the vote. However more traditional scientific polls and the actual election results were not swung in favor of liberals.

While many liberals just want to debate, there are also numerous liberals who like to harass, attack, troll and flame conservatives off the net. This is now a federal crime unless they do so under their real names.

No more is making a flaming post under an internet user name just breaking the particular web-board's rules, no, now it is breaking the law.

No more is seeking out those who oppose immorality and perversion and calling them "bigots" "nutjobs" or "wackos" under a nameless internet identity just bad taste, no, now it's against the law.

At the very least, this legislation will make people be a bit more civil on web-boards.

Now, who wants to take bets on how long before the ACLU trys to sue. :)

Yep, it's only liberals that do all of those things, you never see conservatives do it.:doh:

Upvote 0

Dracil

Dec 25, 2003
San Francisco
✟16,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
george78 said:
http://news.com.com/Create+an+e-annoyance,+go+to+jail/2010-1028_3-6022491.html

Personally I am glad that this Legislation was passed. For some reason internet boards (including this one) seem to have many more liberals than the general public at large. If you took internet polls at the last general election, Kerry was winning them with 65%+ of the vote. However more traditional scientific polls and the actual election results were not swung in favor of liberals.

While many liberals just want to debate, there are also numerous liberals who like to harass, attack, troll and flame conservatives off the net. This is now a federal crime unless they do so under their real names.

No more is making a flaming post under an internet user name just breaking the particular web-board's rules, no, now it is breaking the law.

No more is seeking out those who oppose immorality and perversion and calling them "bigots" "nutjobs" or "wackos" under a nameless internet identity just bad taste, no, now it's against the law.

At the very least, this legislation will make people be a bit more civil on web-boards.

Your post annoyed me. You knew it was going to annoy some people and you posted it anyway, thus we've established intent. You have now committed a federal crime.

Upvote 0

Polycarp1

Born-again Liberal Episcopalian
Sep 4, 2003
USA
✟25,875.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
george78 said:
http://news.com.com/Create+an+e-annoyance%2C+go+to+jail/2010-1028_3-6022491.html

See the title up there under my name? Be very careful of generalizing about liberals ;) (I noticed that, unlike some previous posts, you were very careful not to utter broad generalities about "what liberals think" here. Nice bit of civility!)

By the way, this law is arguably unconstitutional under the First Amendment.

Upvote 0

Thirst_For_Knowledge

I Am A New Title
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
Visit site
✟8,524.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ginny said:
Are yall talking about downloading music for free?

B/c I download music at buy.com and pay like 99c a song (usually).

No one really gets prosecuted for downloading music, that I am aware of. I believe they were all lawsuits.

Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dracil said:
YYou have now committed a federal crime.

oops.... guess everyone on N/CE is arrested, b/c 90% of the time, you will find people posting things for that intent only... how many threads do we have going on, for example, about warrants/ phone tapping?

Upvote 0

Thirst_For_Knowledge

I Am A New Title
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
Visit site
✟8,524.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Polycarp1 said:
By the way, this law is arguably unconstitutional under the First Amendment.

I don't doubt for a sexond that it is unconstitutional. The problem is that no one will ever be put on trial for it, in order for the law to get overturned.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PastorMikeJ

combat veteran
Nov 10, 2005
Shaftsbury, Vermont
✟3,808.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
george78 said:

If you don't follow the law, you go to jail.

Yes go to jail...but if you steal, sell drugs,spy on citizens or go awol you go free or become president!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Donkeytron

Veteran
Oct 24, 2005
✟9,874.00
Faith
Non-Denom
george78 said:

Bit of a huge strech to make this into a liberal/conservative issue, eh?

Upvote 0