Visit site
✟64,422.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
could anyone translate this hymn i came across on a Greek blog, please? thank you in advance

Τω Σεραφείμ της Πλατίνης ευηκοήσωμεν, όστις, φερώνυμος ρόδων, άρωμα πνέει Θεού και ως ρόδον παραδείσου νυν εξήνθησεν. Ος, εκ βορβόρου των παθών ανεδύθη καθαρός ως τίμιος μαργαρίτης και συνειδήσεις πυρσεύει πυρσώ ρημάτων και δογμάτων Χριστού.

found here: http://aprogrammatista.blogspot.com/2011/06/1931-1982.html&usg=ALkJrhgRNNbiJxjtZZvfNc34cOdN0YmGvg

jckstraw72

Doin' that whole Orthodox thing
Dec 9, 2005
South Canaan, PA
Visit site
✟64,422.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Let us listen carefully to Seraphim of Platina - who emits the fragrance of God and now he has flourished as a rose in paradise (as he also bears the name of the rose).

(Let us listen carefully) since he came out clean through a muck of passions, like a precious pearl and he set minds on fire with fiery words and teachings of Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jckstraw72

Doin' that whole Orthodox thing
Dec 9, 2005
South Canaan, PA
Visit site
✟64,422.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Let us listen carefully to Seraphim of Platina - who emits the fragrance of God and now he has flourished as a rose in paradise (as he also bears the name of the rose).

(Let us listen carefully) since he came out clean through a muck of passions, like a precious pearl and he set minds on fire with fiery words and teachings of Christ.

sounds pretty awesome, thanks!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dewi Sant

May 21, 2015
UK
✟62,841.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
the liturgical use of "fragrance" always interests me...

as opposed to "strange fire"...

YES!

Fascinates me too.

Reading Pseudo-Dionysius' Mystical Theology and Ecclesiastical Hierarchy, the use of fragrance in the West Syriac church of the early middle-ages was profound. Pseudo-Dionysius speaks of the emitting fragrance of the myron as symbolic of the fragrance of wisdom. Namely, that it cannot be seen, but, by palette, adored.

I only wrote a short essay on it but would enjoy an in-depth study, especially now my [Ancient/Koine] Greek is vastly improved.

Reactions: Kristos
Upvote 0