United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Marmaladegirl22 said:
:( :sigh: I know we have had everything this year.

Do you live in this area Marmaladegirl? :confused: If so, you truly have my condolences (and prayers). I live in the region where this happened known as the Ohio River Valley. Thankfully, my specific location was not affected by last night's severe weather. All we had was a bit of lightning and thunder. I only wish it had been the same for these poor victims of the tornado. :cry:

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Marmaladegirl22 said:
Oh no, I live in Hurricane alley, we have a hurricane every year. We had some of Hurricane Rita this year. I do feel sorry for those people though, they didn't have a warning like us. My uncle lives in Cleveland, Ohio.

Oh I see. I'd hate to have to deal with hurricanes. Hurricanes sometimes spawn tornados so you get a double whammy in a hurricane sometime right? Anyway, I haven't heard of any damage in Cleveland, only in Indiana. Have you heard of any damage in Cleveland? :confused:

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
✟108,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Marmaladegirl22 said:
Hurricanes have every horrible thing you can think of exept a earthquake I been through a few of them. I don't know if their is any damage done in Cleveland, I will be praying for the midwest people.

Yeah. Thank you very much for your prayers. I don't really need the prayers but the victims do. :crossrc:

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
✟108,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BeautyForAshes

Senior Veteran
Sep 19, 2004
Kansas
✟20,736.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm praying. As someone that lives in Tornado Alley myself (Kansas) I know what they are going through. Tornados are NO JOKE, especially at night.

I wonder if this trailer park had a shelter? I ask because even now, when there is a tornado watch, I make sure that I am someplace where I can take shelter - whether its in a basement, large ditch (if I'm out at a park ) or something.

I hope now that people invest in a weather radio. When there are watches/warnings, it will give off this irrating, shrieking noise to alert you that something's up.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
✟108,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
BeautyForAshes said:
I'm praying. As someone that lives in Tornado Alley myself (Kansas) I know what they are going through. Tornados are NO JOKE, especially at night.

I wonder if this trailer park had a shelter? I ask because even now, when there is a tornado watch, I make sure that I am someplace where I can take shelter - whether its in a basement, large ditch (if I'm out at a park ) or something.

I hope now that people invest in a weather radio. When there are watches/warnings, it will give off this irrating, shrieking noise to alert you that something's up.

Unfortunately, there was no shelter for them. The safest place that there was in the area was a shallow ditch. Perhaps they will build a shelter for them after this incident...

Upvote 0

BeautyForAshes

Senior Veteran
Sep 19, 2004
Kansas
✟20,736.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Holly3278 said:
Unfortunately, there was no shelter for them. The safest place that there was in the area was a shallow ditch. Perhaps they will build a shelter for them after this incident...

I hope so. :prayer:

Here, it is the law that you must provide a shelter for trailer parks (there must be one shelter for every certain number of trailers in the park). Even strong winds can lift a trailer off its foundation and cause damage.

Upvote 0