the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I remember that one. But speaking of Peter Lorre, his earliest big movie was made in Germany, titled "M". It is a classic, maybe the first "film noir" type of movie, at least with sound. Lorre played a man who molested children. The authorities were impotent, but justice was eventually "hammered out".
I saw that movie last year! I am a huge aficionado of B&W/classic movies but "M" had given me the slip for a long time. So I watched it and it was thrilling. I am very familiar with Peter Lorre through The Maltese Falcon, which is also a favorite.

Upvote 0

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I saw and heard Martin in concert playing the banjo. This guy is multi-talented, an actor, a comedian, a musician, a songwriter, a playwright (saw one of his plays, it was very good). His singing was fair, but I can relate to that.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I saw and heard Martin in concert playing the banjo. This guy is multi-talented, an actor, a comedian, a musician, a songwriter, a playwright (saw one of his plays, it was very good). His singing was fair, but I can relate to that.

I saw him as a freshman in high school in 1976. He was hysterical.

I thought he made a pretty convincing birder in The Big Year. More so than Jack Black and Owen Wilson anyway.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Wait, so a student of the French language, not a French person, correct? It was probably the 80s when I first saw Diva. I no longer have a copy of the movie, but I saw it so many times, it is ingrained on my brain.

That's right, I was student, and if I remember correctly my French professor also taught a film class. My girlfriend at the time was a French major, so I'm sure that's how I originally got introduced to the film.

My favorite scene is when that guy describes how to properly slice a baguette. I remember it every time I'm tasked to do the same.

Reactions: Hetta
Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Just as The Third Man was made in Vienna, with the bombed out buildings as a very atmospheric background.
a Graham Greene book (catholic convert). Like the Harry Lime Theme song.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Well I'm still working on this assignment, so like many of my students I need to ask for an extension :)
I like movies (although I connect more to TV series. ..my top 5 there would be easy) but I can't manage a list without more thought.

Upvote 0

Abraxos

Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.
Jan 12, 2016
New Zealand
✟69,315.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well I'm still working on this assignment, so like many of my students I need to ask for an extension :)
I like movies (although I connect more to TV series. ..my top 5 there would be easy) but I can't manage a list without more thought.
Oh cool, t.v series. Which ones if you don't mind me asking?

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Oh cool, t.v series. Which ones if you don't mind me asking?
I rarely watch a tv series but Breaking Bad was incredibly entertaining. Brian Cranston's role was an absolute classic!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

One Voice Among Many1

Nov 16, 2015
✟20,953.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I rarely watch a tv series but Breaking Bad was incredibly entertaining. Brian Cranston's role was an absolute classic!

I'm the same way. I'm not sure why I have this strange fascination with it.

I also like Better Call Saul.

I also like this Gold Rush reality series where you got a bunch of dudes tearing up the tundra in Alaska. A really strange show for a liberal to like.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I have still to watch Breaking Bad. It's sitting out there on Netflix, just waiting for me. My top 5 tv:

House of Cards (the end of the last season was astounding television)
Game of Thrones (but the books are better)
The Big Bang Theory
Luther (British tv show)
Modern Family

Upvote 0