Marital Status
Married
Well, this will date me, but here goes:

Man for All Seasons
Doctor Zhivago
Sound of Music or Mary Poppins or any movie with Julie Andrews
Casablanca
And....The Blues Brothers, my guilty pleasure for the great music

Plus almost any Alfred Hitchcock movie and any movie with Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The Big Year
Harold and Maude
Like Water for Chocolate
Diva
Into Great Silence
You have seen Diva? I have never met any Americans/English speakers who have seen this movie. :) It is so little known and I only just saw it on your list after posting mine!

Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Well, this will date me, but here goes:

Man for All Seasons
Doctor Zhivago
Sound of Music or Mary Poppins or any movie with Julie Andrews
Casablanca
And....The Blues Brothers, my guilty pleasure for the great music

Plus almost any Alfred Hitchcock movie and any movie with Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn.
Casablanca is also one of my favorites. :) My favorite moment is when the German officers are singing Das Lied der Deutschen and the French nationals take over with La Marseillaise. I get goosebumps when I even think about it, and tears in my eyes whenever I watch it. :)

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Soundtracks to movies are very important to me. It can really bring you tears in a cinema. (what a softie!)
The Mission affected me deeply as did The Bruce Lee story.
Music means a lot to me, as noted in my post above. I also like musicals. Fiddler on the Roof is my #1 musical. I could watch it again, and again, and again (and I have).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You have seen Diva? I have never met any Americans/English speakers who have seen this movie. :) It is so little known and I only just saw it on your list after posting mine!

Wow. I hadn't read your post yet. I've been mulling over my top 5 movies for the past few days.

I think I first saw Diva as a french student when I was in college in the 80's. We still have it on VHS around here somewhere.

Coming to think of it, Diva would be a good candidate for the soundtracks thread.

Reactions: Hetta
Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Wow. I hadn't read your post yet. I've been mulling over my top 5 movies for the past few days.

I think I first saw Diva as a french student when I was in college in the 80's. We still have it on VHS around here somewhere.

Coming to think of it, Diva would be a good candidate for the soundtracks thread.
Wait, so a student of the French language, not a French person, correct? It was probably the 80s when I first saw Diva. I no longer have a copy of the movie, but I saw it so many times, it is ingrained on my brain.

Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Casablanca is also one of my favorites. :) My favorite moment is when the German officers are singing Das Lied der Deutschen and the French nationals take over with La Marseillaise. I get goosebumps when I even think about it, and tears in my eyes whenever I watch it. :)
Great scene. Peter Lorre was a great actor and had a good role in that movie. Wonderful characters, something sorely missed in many of today's movies. One must note that this movie was made in the middle of WWII, not afterward like so many other movies.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Great scene. Peter Lorre was a great actor and had a good role in that movie. Wonderful characters, something sorely missed in many of today's movies. One must note that this movie was made in the middle of WWII, not afterward like so many other movies.
Just as The Third Man was made in Vienna, with the bombed out buildings as a very atmospheric background.

Upvote 0

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just as The Third Man was made in Vienna, with the bombed out buildings as a very atmospheric background.
Yes, I remember that one. But speaking of Peter Lorre, his earliest big movie was made in Germany, titled "M". It is a classic, maybe the first "film noir" type of movie, at least with sound. Lorre played a man who molested children. The authorities were impotent, but justice was eventually "hammered out".

Upvote 0