Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't know what their motivation was.

All I know is, when this person that is limited in the size of the soft drink they can purchase, can walk up to the counter and buy a carton of cigarettes, health concerns don't seem to be in play here.

And I agree, none of these things should be banned, I just find it a feeble attempt to do anything beneficial.
I guess the tobacco lobby is better than the soft drink lobby.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Tobacco lobby is quite powerful, as are many others in Washington.
I know that. That's why you can still buy a carton of cigarettes in the same shop where you have to buy two super mega gulps instead of one mega mega gulp to get your daily overdose of corn syrup.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I don't think the cops have much to do with who is taxed.
They were sent to enforce the city's tax policies against Eric Garner.
I would bet though, tax dollars will pay for the settlement NY city has to pay for Eric Garner.
That would seem to be a certainty.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They were sent to enforce the city's tax policies against Eric Garner.

That would seem to be a certainty.

Yes, and if he was selling untaxed cigarettes, he was doing something illegal. They just didn't handle it all too well and were likely responsible for his death.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, and if he was selling untaxed cigarettes, he was doing something illegal. They just didn't handle it all too well and were likely responsible for his death.
ROTFL ... they prioritize the selling of single cigarettes as an arrestable, handcuffable, take 'em down to the pavement with boots on neck offense ... but look the other way for illegals.

Thanks for pointing out the matter of illegality. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Chicken Little

Jun 11, 2010
mid-Americauna
✟3,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
well I told you all it isn't about cakes it about childish men at getting your kids.
it was in our county it was the lawyers and judges who ran the child prostitution ring for the rich (politicians and businessmen doctors and professors and teachers and such ilk ) from the juvenile system and the orphanages. way too many of the justices/judges and lawyers politicians are perverts at best. so don't trust anyone.
this ain't about cakes .
it seems it will be won by all the whining and narcissists acting like two year olds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I do believe the left will expand the effort not to judge anything unless it can be proven harmful to society. I don't think they will be charging in on inappropriate behavior with animals first. I also don't believe they will be jumping on the bandwagon of pedophilia. I think it will keep pushing for GLBT "rights" and might test the waters on other moral issues to see which way would be the easiest to pursue.
Basically I see their argument as morality is a judgment based on personal beliefs, society has no right judging people based on personal beliefs. Morality can't be established based on religion, since there is no established religion. Even having any religious morality in government means atheists are offended by the basis of the morality.
When the left is in power, the country goes to the left. When the right in power, it tends to go to the right. When one power is in for 8 yrs, it tends to go to far to one direction. That is why the election usually changes power every 8 yrs.
Reagan-Bush was the one exception in recent history. hmmm, 12 yrs after Carter, will we have 12yrs after Obama?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Not "fun" I would say, but it was interesting. It was probably a case where the states in question felt the obvious didn't need a law to support it. In this age where reason has gone out the window, maybe they should rethink that position.

Does anyone know if there are laws against a person eating feces, or food with botulism in it (not giving it to another person, just preventing them personally from doing so)?

"Tell me, friend, when did Saruman the Wise abandon reason for madness?" - Gandalf the Grey
I'm thinking they never needed a law. But that of course, means every other state had reason to make a law...hmm.

Upvote 0