Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You're Pardoned, It has been Discussed, And it has generally accepted that it's Laws have been deemed obsolete and superseded by the New Testament, which has no Law against homosexuality.

Paul's epistles and the Patristic Fathers being non-existant, of course....

^_^

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟79,109.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The fact that we are arguing about it is evidence that there is not.
I'm not in charge of the military and never said I was.
That one person denies the Bible says something is not evidence that the Bible does not actually say it

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟79,109.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What about a Chaplain who isn't a Christian? There is no rule based off what religion the Chaplain has to be. What if he were a different religion and had no problems with gay people?
Then he should be able to tell the truth

Upvote 0

Illuminaughty

Drift and Doubt
May 18, 2012
✟13,109.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
If a person has a problem with chaplains not being able to make bigoted statements about homosexuality I might be able to empathize with their complaint to a certain degree. Free speech is important. Workplace professionalism and certain restrictions are often enforced in the military though. I don't understand the idea that gay people shouldn't be allowed to serve unless they are in the closet though. I don't empathize with that way of thinking at all. It's about as stupid as saying that straight people need to follow DADT.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TScott

Curmudgeon
Apr 19, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
✟11,974.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
That one person denies the Bible says something is not evidence that the Bible does not actually say it

We've already had a discussion over the verses in the Bible pertaining to homosexuality. Where were you? You were posting in this thread, but didn't give your opinion on what the Bible actually says. So lets hear it Mach. What does the Bible say about homosexuality?

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟391,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
We've already had a discussion over the verses in the Bible pertaining to homosexuality. Where were you? You were posting in this thread, but didn't give your opinion on what the Bible actually says. So lets hear it Mach. What does the Bible say about homosexuality?

It is an abomination.

Obama -nation.

Hmmmmmm.

Upvote 0

BleedingHeart

Feb 1, 2011
Grand Blanc, Michigan
✟2,049.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Doesn't Leviticus say that you are supposed to kill them and stuff?

Upvote 0

TScott

Curmudgeon
Apr 19, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
✟11,974.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
Doesn't Leviticus say that you are supposed to kill them and stuff?

Yeah, along with bratty kids.
Your supposed to kill them too.

So I guess Mac Zero thinks it would be ok for Ministers to counsel soldiers that they should kill Homosexuals and unruly children.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟79,109.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

RedPaddy

Jun 1, 2012
✟3,110.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, along with bratty kids.
Your supposed to kill them too.

If one were to cherry pick individual verses, you can claim that, but if you take the bible as a whole and also take verses in context, then what the post says is untrue.

Upvote 0

RedDead1981

Prayer is beautiful when it's sincere
Jul 4, 2010
✟14,181.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If one were to cherry pick individual verses, you can claim that, but if you take the bible as a whole and also take verses in context, then what the post says is untrue.
Verses get cherry picked all the time. Heck, sometimes I see conservatives 'flame-via-scripture' with the "Heart of the wise on the right, heart of the fool on the left" verse.

Upvote 0