✟8,314.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Just been watching some stuff on him.

He said that it took 3 months of no one getting healed and 500 people before he saw his first "miracle" or "healing" (leg growing out).

Now he has lots...

a) Why is this (the time factor before this thing manifests)

b) Why are the miracles always low key..in the nicest sense. ie backs, legs, hands, shoulders etc.

BUT NEVER IT SEEMS AN AMPUTEE GETTING HIS HAND or ARM growing back ?

Just wondered...:thumbsup:

Reactions: DennisTate

Tobias

Relationship over Religion
Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
My personal theory is that miracles happen in conjunction with the accurate preaching of the Gospel. God uses them to back up the person doing the preaching. So for someone to pray for 500 people before a healing takes place, I'd look at what changed in the message around the time of the first healing.

Also there is an issue with being called to do the job, and the timing of fulfilling a ministry calling. I remember quite clearly a message I heard years ago on Premature Inheritance, and how many people try to take their training out into full time ministry before God is done preparing them.

Upvote 0

mrhappy3

May 9, 2006
LONDON
✟8,314.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
My personal theory is that miracles happen in conjunction with the accurate preaching of the Gospel. God uses them to back up the person doing the preaching. So for someone to pray for 500 people before a healing takes place, I'd look at what changed in the message around the time of the first healing.

Also there is an issue with being called to do the job, and the timing of fulfilling a ministry calling. I remember quite clearly a message I heard years ago on Premature Inheritance, and how many people try to take their training out into full time ministry before God is done preparing them.

appreciated.

although he does this BEFORE any message is given. He gets them to recieve the Lord AFTER in most cases.

He just says beforehand, "Jesus can heal you" and off he goes.

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

alancrookham

[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][b
Oct 5, 2008
Texas
Visit site
✟15,357.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
First of all, there ARE amputees getting their arms and legs back, it happens pretty frequently actually. You just don't see them in the States so much because it is a bit harder to believe for something like that to happen, than for pain you can't see to go away. People all around the world are getting whole new body parts, new lungs, hearts, even brains. So, thinking that it is just low key stuff, that's just from a lack of field experience.

Second, there are three reasons why healing can take time. First it could be that when a person first starts trying to get people healed, they don't really understand how healing works, and it takes time to learn so it can happen.
Second, the law of sowing and reaping is very valid today and not just with finances unlike what some people may have you believe. It is the same with healing, if you sow healing through prayers, eventually you will start to reap healing through the manifestation of it. It takes a bit of time to grow.
Third, the other reason could be a situation like Daniel's fast. He decided to seek God, and the Bible says that the answer didn't show up for 21 days because there were demonic forces holding back the answer. Many times you can pray for someone to get healed, and the devil resists, and tries to delay it. It turns into a staring contest so to speak, the problem is that in North America you guys live in a microwave society and want everything instantly and don't want to be patient, you definitely don't want to wait 21 days or a month or more for something to happen. SO, you back down and give up deciding that it wasn't the will of God for that person to be healed, when in fact it ALWAYS is the will of God for healing, but there is spiritual warfare involved and if you stay firm it will absolutely happen.

So that's why. There could be other factors like sin in the life of the person praying and so on, but in the end, those are the basics.

Alan
http://www.newheightsministries.net

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
healing has to do with the trust toward God and your mercy toward others .

both of these things need to grow . praying for people enmasse like that would definitely develop that kind of compassion and faith .

Upvote 0

Tobias

Relationship over Religion
Jan 8, 2004
California
✟21,764.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
appreciated.

although he does this BEFORE any message is given. He gets them to recieve the Lord AFTER in most cases.

He just says beforehand, "Jesus can heal you" and off he goes.

:thumbsup:

I don't really see this as a factor. I can't see it making any difference whether you preach before hand or after, God knows you and the intent of your heart and what message you are prepared to give. Signs and Wonders accompany the preaching of the Gospel. Our problem is not knowing what the Gospel is, and how to present it in a way that encourages God to take action.

JMHO, and YMMV.

Upvote 0

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Peter told the man at the temple gate in to walk in the name of the Lord, and he was healed, and then he preached the Gospel. It works both ways. Miracles can come before or after.

I wonder if the reason he prayed for so many people first had to do with being faithful. One might imagine the Lord saw He was faithful to pray and then started healing. Faithful with little, then entrusted with much.

I found I started getting words of knowledge when I spent a lot of time praying with people. When I got out of a situation where I was doing that, I didn't get them so much. Gifts are for ministering to others. If we are ministering to others, it should be a surprise if the Lord starts using us in the gifts.

It reminds me of the parable about the servants who come in, serve their master, and then they may eat. Their attitude is 'we are unprofitable servants. We have only done as we are supposed to do.' This was given in response to the disciples wanting their faith increased.

Upvote 0

TamaraLynne

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Michigan
✟11,138.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My husband likes to mess with our children and say "hey look! one leg is longer then the other" and then he will switch legs just to confuse them..

So when I first started to watch his videos I believed that God was healing through Todd but thought about how others would see the leg being shorter type of healing...then I saw "Todd White-reading their mail" on you tube and I saw that the inside of the mans foot was moving all over the place.

I've also listened to Todds videos where he is teaching about what he knows...and realized I had alot of the wrong mindsets...

I just found out about Todd 5 days ago.

:)

I think it is about us stepping out and believing God. Nothing is impossible with God :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HisSparkPlug

Offspring of a Genius
Jul 31, 2013
✟2,947.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

He said that it took 3 months of no one getting healed and 500 people before he saw his first "miracle" or "healing" (leg growing out).

Now he has lots...

b) Why are the miracles always low key..in the nicest sense. ie backs, legs, hands, shoulders etc.

To keep him from pride. The larger the miracle, the more danger of pride. I think this is why people grow into their gifting and increase their trustworthiness with the Lord

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2012
✟7,612.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
First of all, there ARE amputees getting their arms and legs back, it happens pretty frequently actually. You just don't see them in the States so much because it is a bit harder to believe for something like that to happen, than for pain you can't see to go away. People all around the world are getting whole new body parts, new lungs, hearts, even brains. So, thinking that it is just low key stuff, that's just from a lack of field experience.

Second, there are three reasons why healing can take time. First it could be that when a person first starts trying to get people healed, they don't really understand how healing works, and it takes time to learn so it can happen.
Second, the law of sowing and reaping is very valid today and not just with finances unlike what some people may have you believe. It is the same with healing, if you sow healing through prayers, eventually you will start to reap healing through the manifestation of it. It takes a bit of time to grow.
Third, the other reason could be a situation like Daniel's fast. He decided to seek God, and the Bible says that the answer didn't show up for 21 days because there were demonic forces holding back the answer. Many times you can pray for someone to get healed, and the devil resists, and tries to delay it. It turns into a staring contest so to speak, the problem is that in North America you guys live in a microwave society and want everything instantly and don't want to be patient, you definitely don't want to wait 21 days or a month or more for something to happen. SO, you back down and give up deciding that it wasn't the will of God for that person to be healed, when in fact it ALWAYS is the will of God for healing, but there is spiritual warfare involved and if you stay firm it will absolutely happen.

So that's why. There could be other factors like sin in the life of the person praying and so on, but in the end, those are the basics.

Alan
http://www.newheightsministries.net
And no one at these "healings" were limbs and brains and hearts grew back had a cell phone with a camera?

Upvote 0

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The first time I was ever kind of "put on the spot" to let God heal through me, five people out of seven reported complete healing, one man said it "was better", even after praying for him twice, and one woman seemed to be there just to flop around on the floor and enjoy some attention.

Reactions: Razare
Upvote 0

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I have a friend who was spontaneously healed of a brain tumor at a service at my church. Not only was she healed, but the scar from the examinations disappeared, and the hair that had been shaved at that spot reappeared. This was a couple of years ago. She posted before and after photos on facebook. It was truly amazing. I cannot believe that this was an isolated incident - there is just no systematic international forum for reporting this stuff, and even if there were, not everyone has access to a cell phone with a camera - I don't have one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single

Now he has lots...

Has he prayed for amputees?

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,460.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Don't know about an amputee but know he has prayed for folks that had one leg longer than the other and Yahweh healed them.

When we believe Yahweh raises the dead (Matt 10:8), don't see why an amputee wouldn't be healed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Don't know about an amputee but know he has prayed for folks that had one leg longer than the other and Yahweh healed them.

When we believe Yahweh raises the dead (Matt 10:8), don't see why an amputee wouldn't be healed.
I don't see why not either :) Just wondering if he's had the opportunity to pray for amputees and if their limbs grew back or not. I too have seen legs lengthen. The first time I witnessed that I was just a teenager and it was my best friend whose leg was lengthened. She'd had back problems and after her leg was lengthened she did not have them anymore. The day after it happened I thought it humorous that her leg even hurt a bit from the stretch. LOL

Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Was thinking about this thread..... Another element here is, it's not the healer's decision who is healed. Todd can't just wake up one morning and say to himself, "I'm gonna go find some amputees to heal." As Jesus said, "the Son can do nothing by himself;
he can do only what he sees his Father doing." (John 5:19)

Upvote 0