bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nothing shocking here. Just ran across the story and thought I'd share.

Headline: Offbeat Evangelist Seeking Counseling

A few main points:
1. TB undergoing counceling with ministers for the purpose of 'restoration'.
2. Still hooked up in a romantic relationship with a former intern and nanny for his children.
3. Haven't seen his wife or children since July.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/dec/03/na-offbeat-evangelist-seeking-counseling/

Zugzwang

Feb 28, 2006
✟17,837.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
the following comment is right underneath the story listed.
WOW!! Some religious charlatan involved in divorce and infidelity. Seems you can take them out of the trailer park but you can't take the trailer park out of them! ......more bible-belt garbage.

only proves what i said, if we handled our business based on biblical principle as we're supposed to do, instead of hiding things or making excuses for these leaders, the world would have less stones to throw.

not that the world needs excuses mind you, but still.

Upvote 0
M

millerrod2

If he can't resist alcohol and women, and he was a conduit through which the Holy Spirit apparently did some amazing miracles, what hope is there for the rest of us?

that hope you speak of would be found in Jesus Christ in His Love and forgiveness the same love and forgiveness we as his disciples should be showing towards Tod. my prayers are with him. rod

Upvote 0
M

millerrod2

A few main points:
2. Still hooked up in a romantic relationship with a former intern and nanny for his children.

Brother:

are we not all sinners in need of repenting and in need of forgiveness in need of Christ. our battle should be with the evil powers-spirits which are trying to control Tod not with flesh and blood-Tod. brother rod

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,339.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If he can't resist alcohol and women, and he was a conduit through which the Holy Spirit apparently did some amazing miracles, what hope is there for the rest of us?

The Holy Spirit will do amazing miracles through any believer who is available and ready to be filled and used.

:clap:

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

A few main points:

Brother:

are we not all sinners in need of repenting and in need of forgiveness in need of Christ. our battle should be with the evil powers-spirits which are trying to control Tod not with flesh and blood-Tod. brother rod

I made no opinion in my post. I simply linked the story and repeated a few main points.

That said, I do pray for the man, but I think my prayers fo him are focused differently than the prayers from others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The sad thing about it al, TB is probably being counselled by those who promoted him, or of the like-mind.

Proof that assumption is the lowest form of knowledge.

Isn't this the way the Bible says to do it?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Exactly what do you consider gossip?

and the definition is:

to talk idly, esp. about the affairs of others; go about tattling.

Is there another purpose for yet another TB thread? Is the OP doing anything else but talking idly about the affairs of another?

Nothing shocking here. Just ran across the story and thought I'd share.

A few main points:

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/dec/03/na-offbeat-evangelist-seeking-counseling/

Hmmm.... - nope - nothing else -

the definition is IMO appropriate .

No call to pray or a hurting brother - no nothing - just talking about him.

Upvote 0

AudioArtist

AudioArtist
Jul 8, 2003
London
✟5,287.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
The Holy Spirit will do amazing miracles through any believer who is available and ready to be filled and used.

:clap:

I hope so :)

Have you found that to be the case for yourself? I am asking this honestly. I mean I know we're supposed to trust He will, but have you found that temptation has become less powerful and you can be more obedient because of the Spirit?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
On the Freshfire website it indicates that Todd is still unrepentent so until He comes back to God in repentance all the counselling in the world will not help

Yep, as sad as it is, it's all about repentance!

“Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out” (Acts 3:19)

“Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent” (Acts 17:30)

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
On the Freshfire website it indicates that Todd is still unrepentent so until He comes back to God in repentance all the counselling in the world will not help

The best kind of counselling is Spirit-led, bringing the person into direct and experiential contact with the loving kindness of God.

Since the Bible says that the kindness of God leads us to repentance, counselling may indeed preceed repentance.

The fact Todd is willing to participate in counselling is an indicator that he has some desire, even at a deep and hidden level, to reach that point.

That is cause for rejoicing - a broken, lost child of God is longing for home. God is in this, all praise to Him!

Upvote 0

RisingAbove

Rising Above Hell's Influence
Dec 3, 2008
Athens, WV
✟15,198.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
The fact Todd is willing to participate in counselling is an indicator that he has some desire, even at a deep and hidden level, to reach that point.

He's not willing to participate in any type of counseling.

As it stated, he is unrepentant at the moment and will not turn back to God.

Only the Holy Spirit will be able to deal with him now, only if he has not been turned over to a hardened heart, which will make the process of turning back to God even harder on Todd because he refuses to see the truth.

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
and the definition is:

to talk idly, esp. about the affairs of others; go about tattling.

Is there another purpose for yet another TB thread? Is the OP doing anything else but talking idly about the affairs of another?

Hmmm.... - nope - nothing else -

the definition is IMO appropriate .

No call to pray or a hurting brother - no nothing - just talking about him.

That's the garbage I figured you'd respond with.

Actually, there was a thread a short while ago asking what happened to TB which I did look for but was unable to find. Had I found it I would have added it to that thread, but I didn't so I made it a thread of its own. Had that question not been posted, I would not have linked the news story. This is nothing more than an informative response.

Had you bothered to ask me why I posted it, I would have told you, but you didn't.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.