Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,075.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Was great meeting InnerPhyre and his wife for a few minutes at St Tikhon's - still working on pics from there

Meantime this is from my afternoon visit - thought some of you might enjoy it - from Holy Protection Monastery

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I didn't know you came to America, Anhelyna! And you got to meet IP and his family. Wonderful! Sounds like your visit here is going very well. A couple back at my previous parish has a daughter at that monastery! Her name is Markella. :)

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,075.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
oh man, I missed you by a few weeks! and Holy Protection is an amazing monastery

I was stunned by Holy Protection - Father had said nothing about it - he wanted to see my reaction - and he got it - my face said it all.

All the nuns I met there were really welcoming . A short stay there must be wonderful - despite the early morning start

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,075.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I really wish the connection I was on was faster - it's very very flaky at present I really dare not try and upload anything to Photobucket at present - it would take hours - literally.

At home my connection is very fast - I have a 60Meg connection and once I'm home I'll get the free upgrade to 100Meg - daren't tell Father he'd go green :p

For some unknown reason both yesterday evening and today the Connection [ Verizon , I believe ] has been really slow and frequent disconnections :(

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I was stunned by Holy Protection - Father had said nothing about it - he wanted to see my reaction - and he got it - my face said it all.

All the nuns I met there were really welcoming . A short stay there must be wonderful - despite the early morning start

I wonder if you met my priest's daughter while you were there. her name is Rosie and she was prolly hanging around the livestock.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually I was wanting to see a pic of you, Anhelyna. I've conversed with you here at TAW or at OBOB for some time, and still don't know what you look like.

I do have a photo of his wife though :)

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,075.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
hehe - I'm not exactly elegant as IP now knows - I'm a motherly Grandma type :)

Anyway how could Father take a pic of us both in a Conference room with IP's Bishop and a crowd of other folk there - NOT ON :D :D

Upvote 0