Today's Bible Treasure

holadancey

Enjoying the serene comfort of His presence.
Sep 29, 2006
Visit site
✟15,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
We need to live according to
What God wants us to live and
If we obey Him, then all else will
Fall into place! Very hard to do
When you have the world around you
But the Lord is eternal but the world
Is temporarily!
This is so very true!!! Amen, amen, amen!!

Upvote 0

holadancey

Sep 29, 2006
Visit site
✟15,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
In all labor there is profit, But idle chatter leads only to poverty. ~Proverbs 14: 23

Laziness casts one into a deep sleep, And an idle person will suffer hunger. ~Proverbs 19: 15

As a door turns on its hinges, So does the lazy man on his bed. ~Proverbs 26: 14

The lazy man is wiser in his own eyes Than seven men who can answer sensibly. ~Proverbs 26:16

Because of laziness the building decays, And through idleness of hands the house leaks. ~Ecclesiastes 10: 18

The boastful shall not stand in Your sight;You hate all workers of iniquity. ~Psalm 5: 5

They utter speech, and speak insolent things;All the workers of iniquity boast in themselves. ~Psalm 94: 4

Whoever falsely boasts of giving Is like clouds and wind without rain. ~Proverbs 25: 14

Upvote 0

ThinkOnIt

Sep 27, 2006
California
Visit site
✟15,340.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In all labor there is profit, But idle chatter leads only to poverty. ~Proverbs 14: 23

Laziness casts one into a deep sleep, And an idle person will suffer hunger. ~Proverbs 19: 15

As a door turns on its hinges, So does the lazy man on his bed. ~Proverbs 26: 14

The lazy man is wiser in his own eyes Than seven men who can answer sensibly. ~Proverbs 26:16

Because of laziness the building decays, And through idleness of hands the house leaks. ~Ecclesiastes 10: 18

The boastful shall not stand in Your sight;You hate all workers of iniquity. ~Psalm 5: 5

They utter speech, and speak insolent things;All the workers of iniquity boast in themselves. ~Psalm 94: 4

Whoever falsely boasts of giving Is like clouds and wind without rain. ~Proverbs 25: 14
Are we lazy in seeking the Lord through His Word? Are we lazy in our prayer life? Are we lazy with getting involoved to help others? Are we lazy about attending church? Just a thought.

Upvote 0

holadancey

Sep 29, 2006
Visit site
✟15,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 19

The heavens declare the glory of God;
And the firmament shows His handiwork.
Day unto day utters speech,
And night unto night reveals knowledge.
There is no speech nor language
Where their voice is not heard.
Their line has gone out through all the earth,
And their words to the end of the world.
In them He has set a tabernacle for the sun,
Which is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber,
And rejoices like a strong man to run its race.
Its rising is from one end of heaven,
And its circuit to the other end;
And there is nothing hidden from its heat.

The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul;
The testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple;
The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart;
The commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes;
The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring forever;
The judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold,
Yea, than much fine gold;
Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
Moreover by them Your servant is warned,
And in keeping them there is great reward.

Who can understand his errors?
Cleanse me from secret faults.
Keep back Your servant also from presumptuous sins;
Let them not have dominion over me.
Then I shall be blameless,
And I shall be innocent of great transgression.

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer.

Let's spend some time meditating on this today. Let the Lord help you to be acceptable in His sight.
Have you praised the Lord today?
http://www.geocities.com/todaysinspiration1/previoustreasures2.html
http://www.geocities.com/todaysinspiration1/index.html

Upvote 0

holadancey

Sep 29, 2006
Visit site
✟15,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
33 “No one, when he has lit a lamp, puts it in a secret place or under a basket, but on a lamp stand, that those who come in may see the light. 34 The lamp of the body is the eye. Therefore, when your eye is good, your whole body also is full of light. But when your eye is bad, your body also is full of darkness. 35 Therefore take heed that the light which is in you is not darkness. 36 If then your whole body is full of light, having no part dark, the whole body will be full of light, as when the bright shining of a lamp gives you light.” ~Luke 11: 33-36

As Christians we are called to a holy priesthood (1 Peter 2:9: But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;), which means we are not to love the things of this world. (Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. ~ 1 John 2: 15) God's Word says "be Holy for I am Holy." ~1 Peter 1: 16.

We need to be careful of what we watch, what we listen to, what we speak, what we read and what holidays to celebrate. What we may think is a harmless movie, song, book, or tradition is actually opening a door to the enemy. "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places." ~Ephesians 6: 12.The things of God do not give the ok to celebrate the things of this world.

Look around you today. What are you doing that is bringing darkness into your life? What are celebrating, or reading or listening to that is not edifying you or giving glory to God? Is your eye good?

Upvote 0

holadancey

Sep 29, 2006
Visit site
✟15,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
7 But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers. 8 And above all things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins.” 9 Be hospitable to one another without grumbling. 10 As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. 11 If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God. If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen. ~1 Peter 4: 7-11

Have you glorified God lately? Do you live your life for Him? Do you have love for others? God is love, if we are to live according to God, we are to love. Paul wrote an entire chapter on love (see 1 Corinthians 13). Let's show love today!

I have designated today to be Pray for a Lost Soul Day, so let's make sure to take some secret closet time out and pray for someone who is lost. Jesus is coming soon, are you ready?

Upvote 0

holadancey

Sep 29, 2006
Visit site
✟15,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Ah, Lord GOD! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for You. ~Jeremiah 32: 17

“Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh. Is there anything too hard for Me?" ~Jeremiah 32: 27

Whatever it is that you are going through, or whatever request and petition you have before God-remember, THERE IS NOTHING TOO HARD FOR HIM! He created the heavens and the earth-what makes us think that our requests, problems or situations are too hard for Him? God is faithful and merciful-He will respond to your petition in His time.

"This is the day the LORD has made;We will rejoice and be glad in it" ~Psalm 118: 24

Upvote 0

holadancey

Sep 29, 2006
Visit site
✟15,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!
5 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. ~Philippians 4: 4-8

Do you want the peace that surpasses all understanding? God already knows what you are going through. Instead of saying "why me?" to your problem, pray to God and thank Him for it, give it to Him and tell Him "what else have you got for me?". Focus on Godly things, and pretty soon you will be through your problem! 2 Corinthians 12: 9 says "And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
Selah

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

holadancey

Sep 29, 2006
Visit site
✟15,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
14 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. ~Hebrews 4: 14-16

1 Now this is the main point of the things we are saying: We have such a High Priest, who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens, 2 a Minister of the sanctuary and of the true tabernacle which the Lord erected, and not man. ~Hebrews 8: 1-2

5 "For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time," ~1 Timothy 2: 4-7

Jesus loves us so much that He died so that we may live. He is our Lawyer, and He said that He is the Way, the Truth and the Life and NO many gets to the Father but by Him. (John 14: 6) Whatever you may be going through today, reach out and grab Jesus' hand and let Him stand up for you.

Upvote 0