Today's Bible Treasure

holadancey

Enjoying the serene comfort of His presence.
Sep 29, 2006
Visit site
✟15,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
2</SPAN> Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.
10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. ~2 Peter 1: 2-11
Are you a healthy Christian? Peter was very adamant about what qualities you needed to maintain a healthy spiritual life (see v. 5-7). He states that by having these qualities, you will bear fruit (see v. 8).
One of the hardest things as humans is to show brotherly kindness and brotherly love. Let’s make today different. Today, when you pass someone you hardly know or even if you don’t know them-smile & say hello. This could be the beginnings of a great friendship or leading someone to our loving Savior. Don’t let an opportunity pass you by.

:prayer: Father, we thank You for every opportunity to be friendly to someone today. We ask that you give us boldness to overcome our own shyness. We ask that we are able to bless those that need it with an encouraging Word today. Father, it is my prayer that none of us miss an opportunity to minister the Gospel to someone in need, and that your Holy Spirit speaks through us. Help us to recognize and walk in the calling You have placed on our lives and to be faithful to all aspects of the ministry. We thank You for the strength each day to stay focused on You, and to remain on the narrow path. We give You all the Glory and Honor. In Jesus’ loving name, Amen.:prayer:

To see more of Today's Bible Treasures click here

holadancey

Sep 29, 2006
Visit site
✟15,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
27 “But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you. 29 To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also. And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either. 30 Give to everyone who asks of you. And from him who takes away your goods do not ask them back. 31 And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise.
32 “But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. 34 And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive back, what credit is that to you? For even sinners lend to sinners to receive as much back. 35 But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil. 36 Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful. ~Luke 6: 27-36

Good Morning, Brothers and Sisters! It is my prayer this morning that you are rested and spiritually prepared. I pray that you have met with the Lord this morning and are ready for the path before you this day!

Yesterday we touched on brotherly love. It’s hard to love people we don’t know, let alone love someone we don’t like. And yet, Jesus did it! He came to this earth and loved everyone. To have that kind of love for people! John 3: 16 talks about how much God loved the world-He sent His one and only son to die for us! Paul talks about the importance of love in 1 Corinthians 13 “ 1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.
4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.”

He also says in 1 Corinthians 16: 14 “Let all that you do be done with love.”

Today, I challenge each and every one of you to put aside your human emotions regarding people, and to ask Christ to give you His! Speak to someone today, share the love of Christ!

To visit my website: click here

Upvote 0

ThinkOnIt

Sep 27, 2006
California
Visit site
✟15,340.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2</SPAN> Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.
10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. ~2 Peter 1: 2-11
Are you a healthy Christian? Peter was very adamant about what qualities you needed to maintain a healthy spiritual life (see v. 5-7). He states that by having these qualities, you will bear fruit (see v. 8).
One of the hardest things as humans is to show brotherly kindness and brotherly love. Let’s make today different. Today, when you pass someone you hardly know or even if you don’t know them-smile & say hello. This could be the beginnings of a great friendship or leading someone to our loving Savior. Don’t let an opportunity pass you by.

:prayer: Father, we thank You for every opportunity to be friendly to someone today. We ask that you give us boldness to overcome our own shyness. We ask that we are able to bless those that need it with an encouraging Word today. Father, it is my prayer that none of us miss an opportunity to minister the Gospel to someone in need, and that your Holy Spirit speaks through us. Help us to recognize and walk in the calling You have placed on our lives and to be faithful to all aspects of the ministry. We thank You for the strength each day to stay focused on You, and to remain on the narrow path. We give You all the Glory and Honor. In Jesus’ loving name, Amen.:prayer:

To see more of Today's Bible Treasures click here
Oh I liked your message today. Good reminder! I checked out your site and sent you an email too. Hope you visit my site sometime. http://www.ThinkOnItDevotions.com

Upvote 0

holadancey

Sep 29, 2006
Visit site
✟15,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
19 So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath; 20 for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God.

21 Therefore lay aside all filthiness and overflow of wickedness, and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.
22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; 24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. 25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.
26 If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one’s religion is useless. 27 Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world. ~James 1: 19-27

Are you a doer of the Word or a hearer? Do you forget what you look like, or is it implanted on your heart? Let’s take today and examine ourselves before the Lord.

Upvote 0

holadancey

Sep 29, 2006
Visit site
✟15,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
17So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking. 18They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts. 19Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, with a continual lust for more.
20You, however, did not come to know Christ that way. 21Surely you heard of him and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus. 22You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.
25Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body. 26"In your anger do not sin": Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27and do not give the devil a foothold. 28He who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with his own hands, that he may have something to share with those in need.
29Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. 30And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
1Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children 2and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. ~Ephesians 4: 17- 5: 2

How are you living outside the walls of the Church? Have you put off your old self? Have you changed your ways? Do you speak to others and edify and encourage? Are you an imitator of God?

Father, we thank You for another day in which to live and share Your Word with those who don’t know it. We thank you for the work that You have done in our lives and for the work that You are doing in our loved ones lives and for the love that You show us. We ask today that You help us to put off our old selves, and to forgive us for any sin that we have committed by keeping our old self around. Help us to become completely new, and to exhibit that newness, to be the shining light that You have called us to be. Help us to control our speech, and to release the bitterness and anger that we may be harboring. Reveal it to us, if it is something that we are unaware that we are holding on to. Father, today we ask for Your eyes, for Your heart, and for Your Spirit to fill us and guide us. All the glory and honor is Yours! In the precious and loving name of Jesus, Amen!

Today's Inspiration Online

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

holadancey

Sep 29, 2006
Visit site
✟15,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
1 Hear the word of the LORD,
You children of Israel,
For the LORD brings a charge against the inhabitants of the land:

“There is no truth or mercy
Or knowledge of God in the land.
2 By swearing and lying,
Killing and stealing and committing adultery,
They break all restraint,
With bloodshed upon bloodshed.
3 Therefore the land will mourn;
And everyone who dwells there will waste away
With the beasts of the field
And the birds of the air;
Even the fish of the sea will be taken away.
4 “ Now let no man contend, or rebuke another;
For your people are like those who contend with the priest.
5 Therefore you shall stumble in the day;
The prophet also shall stumble with you in the night;
And I will destroy your mother.
6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.
Because you have rejected knowledge,
I also will reject you from being priest for Me;
Because you have forgotten the law of your God,
I also will forget your children. ~Hosea 4: 1-6

Do you know God? Do you know His character? Have you spent time in His Word? Have you spent time with Him? If someone were to ask you what is God like; who is He; what would you say to them?
Man cannot live by bread alone (Deut. 8: 3) but by every Word that comes from the mouth of the Lord. To live on God’s Word is to have knowledge of Him. It’s to anticipate how He would respond to some of your questions. It’s so that we are able to accept His correction because it’s done out of love. It’s time to wean yourself off milk (see 1 Corinthians 3: 1-2) and start to chew the meat of God’s Word and become knowledgeable of Him, learn His character, learn who He is. Stop waiting for someone to give you God’s Word and open up the Word of God for yourself and dive in! Whatever you are seeking, it is there!

Are you hungry? Feed yourself on God’s Word.
Are you lonely? Speak to God, and He will speak to you.
Are you depressed? There is encouragement and peace in the Word of God.
Are you battling something? The Word of God is a weapon greater than any other.
Are you anxious? Read God’s Word.

Blessings, Hugs and Love,
Me J

Upvote 0

holadancey

Sep 29, 2006
Visit site
✟15,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
TODAY’S BIBLE TREASURE

57 Now it happened as they journeyed on the road, that someone said to Him, “Lord, I will follow You wherever You go.”
58 And Jesus said to him, “Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head.”
59 Then He said to another, “Follow Me.”
But he said, “Lord, let me first go and bury my father.”
60 Jesus said to him, “Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and preach the kingdom of God.”
61 And another also said, “Lord, I will follow You, but let me first go and bid them farewell who are at my house.”
62 But Jesus said to him, “No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.” ~Luke 9: 57-62

Are you fit for the kingdom of God? Are you looking back as you follow Jesus? Are you still trying to live your old life? Well turn around and face the front! There is nothing new and exciting behind you!
2 Corinthians 5: 17 says: “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” Jesus also said that no one pours new wine into old wineskins, or the old wineskin will burst (see Mark 2: 22 & Luke 5: 37). We are new creations, new wine!
1“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
5 “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. ~John 15: 1-5
Shake off that old man, put on the new! Let yourself be poured into a new wineskin with Jesus! Let Him mold you, conform you, use you. Allow Him to take complete control. Give yourself over to the vinedresser for pruning, you will never regret it!

Upvote 0

holadancey

Sep 29, 2006
Visit site
✟15,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
4As you come to Him, the living Stone—rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to Him— 5you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6For in Scripture it says:
"See, I lay a stone in Zion,
a chosen and precious cornerstone,
and the one who trusts in Him
will never be put to shame."
7Now to you who believe, this stone is precious. But to those who do not believe,
"The stone the builders rejected
has become the capstone,"
8and,
"A stone that causes men to stumble
and a rock that makes them fall." They stumble because they disobey the message—which is also what they were destined for.

9But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light. 10Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.
11Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul. 12Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us. ~1 Peter 2: 4-12

We are now the people of God. What a powerful statement! How is your life among the pagans? Are you setting a Christly example, or are you still trying to live in a manner pleasing to man? What would they say about you?
We are the people of God, we need to be living as such. We are to be holy examples. 1 Peter 1: 15-19 says “15 but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16 because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.”
17 And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear; 18 knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.”

Selah

Upvote 0

holadancey

Sep 29, 2006
Visit site
✟15,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
We should never take anything for granted
As we need to see it through the Lord's eyes
Yes, I wholeheartedly agree. He sees what we don't see, and therefore He knows what we don't know. Tomorrow is not promised to us.

Be blessed!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

holadancey

Sep 29, 2006
Visit site
✟15,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
TODAY’S BIBLE TREASURE

You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor. ~Exodus 20: 16

A fool’s lips bring him strife, and his mouth invites a beating. ~Proverbs 18: 6

A fool’s mouth is his undoing, and his lips are a snare to his soul. ~Proverbs 18:7

The words of a gossip are like choice morsels; they go down to a man’s inmost parts. ~Proverbs 18: 8

The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit. ~Proverbs 18: 21

A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who pours out lies will not go free. ~Proverbs 19: 5

A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who pours out lies will perish. ~Proverbs 19: 9

A gossip betrays a confidence, so avoid a man who talks to much. ~Proverbs 20: 19

5 Even so the tongue is a little member and boasts great things. See how great a forest a little fire kindles! 6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell. 7 For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and creature of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by mankind. 8 But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. 9 With it we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the similitude of God. 10 Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so. 11 Does a spring send forth fresh water and bitter from the same opening? 12 Can a fig tree, my brethren, bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Thus no spring yields both salt water and fresh. ~James 3: 5-12

What have you been doing with your tongue?

Blessings, Hugs and Love,
Me J

For more Bible Treasures: click here

Upvote 0

holadancey

Sep 29, 2006
Visit site
✟15,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
25 He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26 If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor. ~John 12: 25-26

But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter. ~Romans 7: 6

For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith. ~Romans 12: 3

For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. ~Galatians 5: 13

3And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him. 4 They shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads. ~Revelation 22: 3-4

Do you have a servants heart? Are you willingly serving out of love, or are you serving because you want to be noticed, to earn points, to become great? Do you feel that what you do is enough, and you don't need to do anymore?
Where are you on your walk? Are your motives pure?

Father, thank You for another day to share Your love and Word with the lost souls. Help us to recognize Your call to serve, not only our brothers and sisters, but those outside the Body of Christ, so that You may be glorified. Give us pure hearts, reveal to us our true motives for serving. If any of us are serving in areas that You have finished using us in, help us to graciously move on. Holy Spirit, teach us how to be humble. Use us today, Lord to serve You. For Your Word states that "whatever we have done to the least of these, we have done to You." (Matthew 25: 40) In Jesus' name, Amen.

Upvote 0

holadancey

Sep 29, 2006
Visit site
✟15,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. ~Galatians 5: 1

16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another. ~Galatians 5: 16-26

Are you truly free?? What are you walking in? If you are still fulfilling the lusts of the flesh, you are still wearing a yoke of bondage. Christ died so you could be free! Claim your freedom! Give this day over to the Lord and let the Spirit lead you!

Jesus is coming, are you ready?

Upvote 0

holadancey

Sep 29, 2006
Visit site
✟15,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
1 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.
5 Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience, 7 in which you yourselves once walked when you lived in them.
8 But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth. 9 Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds, 10 and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him, 11 where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave nor free, but Christ is all and in all. ~Colossians 3: 1-11

How are you living? What are you focusing on? There are so many Christians out there that are focused on the things of this world, instead of on Christ, worried about what others will think of them if they do this or do that. Well, we can't worry about what man thinks, we need to worry about what God thinks. We need to learn to be content with the things we have, so our focus is not on what the world can give us. Philippians 4: 12 says "I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want." Are you content? To be content is to focus on Jesus and know that no matter the circumstances, we will be provided for because He love us, and He died for us. 2 Corinthians 12:9 says "But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." When we feel as though we don't matter, and we don't have the strength to go on, that is when Jesus takes over. But He has to be the center of our focus, He can't be something that we just latch on to only when we are feeling down. To be in Christ is to be IN CHRIST! To let Him drive, to let Him speak, to let Him use us. Dead is the person we used to be, stop trying to resurrect the dead!

Jesus is coming, are you ready?

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟569,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single