Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Here's a link to something called The Manhattan Declaration. Here is what it is about:

Christians, when they have lived up to the highest ideals of their faith, have defended the weak and vulnerable and worked tirelessly to protect and strengthen vital institutions of civil society, beginning with the family.

We are Orthodox, Catholic, and evangelical Christians who have united at this hour to reaffirm fundamental truths about justice and the common good, and to call upon our fellow citizens, believers and non-believers alike, to join us in defending them. These truths are:
  1. the sanctity of human life
  2. the dignity of marriage as the conjugal union of husband and wife
  3. the rights of conscience and religious liberty.
Inasmuch as these truths are foundational to human dignity and the well-being of society, they are inviolable and non-negotiable. Because they are increasingly under assault from powerful forces in our culture, we are compelled today to speak out forcefully in their defense, and to commit ourselves to honoring them fully no matter what pressures are brought upon us and our institutions to abandon or compromise them. We make this commitment not as partisans of any political group but as followers of Jesus Christ, the crucified and risen Lord, who is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

The Manhattan Declaration

If you feel moved by this, please sign the petition that is linked to that page. Thank you!

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Unless I miss my guess, "sanctity of human life" is wording used by enemies of Capital Punishment as well as Abortion and "Mercy Killings." As an evangelical Christian, I couldn't agree to that, myself. Otherwise, I always think that it's good when Christians take public stands for those beliefs they hold dear and which are under attack from other elements in society.

Upvote 0
A

abigale

sanctity of human life is abolishing the cruelty of children by their parents ie: Molech worshippers, wo place themselves above the life of their children and cause harm mentally and emotionally by deserting them and not carrying out parental duties.

Myths of astronomical porportions are perpetrated on children daily. Give them truth. We owe it to them.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Fair enough, mont. A fellow parishioner from my church brought this declaration up at our assembly meeting because our priest brought up something about we should be strong in our faith and continue to defend it. Anyhow, I wasn't familiar with this until somebody posted about it on the Orthodox forum.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
capital punishment is ordained by God.

That said, I never sign anything like this without extensive research specifically so do not sign something that goes against my values
Me neither :thumbsup:

Upvote 0