• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

to be a christian and have the messiah delusion

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
honestly I think we are all a lot more delusional than we understand. most christians are great sinners against those who are not christians.

christians speak and act like they have truth but they have no idea that they are so caught up in so many different relative belief systems and they conform to their own views of what is spoken about God and so their view is corrupted just like the one that does not believe that god exist at all ( which is probably because of you god believers anyways).

I can speak this kind of talk but in time I will be "gotten rid of" because what you people want is control. not truth.

Upvote 0

jackmt

Dec 10, 2011
Missoula Montana
✟16,271.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My son was Dxed with various Dxs including a schizotypal disorder. Half his psychiatrists disagreed saying he was too rational. He had the Messiah delusion, too. I began to notice that the intensity of his delusions was related to the amount of bread he was eating. He is severely restricting his bread intake and is doing amazingly well. He says he still hears voices, but they are much quieter. Toward the end of the month, when his food runs out, he tends to eat a lot of bread and starts to deteriorate again. But the Messianic delusion appears to be gone for good. Can anyone here relate to this?

Upvote 0

xounstaer

his qualities..
Jan 23, 2011
netherlands, eindhoven
✟16,090.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
what do you think then about the delusion not going away since the presence of explenation is to strong with a non human story (partly) based around it.

like the bible story about three wise man following a star, the sun is a star.

so ii have a message of knowing there is outer life like god which can do miracles and show people things of heaven.

for white or brown bread or plain pain like the french i dont exactly know. i think its confusing to say so that what bread i eat can keep me away from explaining and thinking in messiacal terms.

as that the world volves around you, for you.
havaing a message and playing a central roll in the end days of the world we know. goes for you to you know.

or you dont have a message story or thing to witness of, that can be. but saying it is the bread you eat seems a bit foolish to me.

so if jesus had eaten white bread we would have not known him.
but is jesus the messiah.

said is there would be no more wars after the messiah, and that the messiah would bring peace is what many poeple believe.

while jesus came to bring the sword and tear the temple apart, that seems a ahole other thing right.

Upvote 0

xounstaer

his qualities..
Jan 23, 2011
netherlands, eindhoven
✟16,090.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
that is surely believe.
the bread may trigger him, as it does with me too.
specially certain kinds of bread with sorts of flavor can really trigger me into my delusiion but also the symtoms yes that come with it.

but like i say i also have had symptoms which where pretty factual and are directly related to a believe in christ.

so there is some contradiction between believing and experiencing things within believe and been diagnosed with (paranoid) schizophrenia.

since for example if i would see michael in a vision for real it would be a symptom.

so that doesnt cope with the believe we share.

actually there's much more into it and it is much more complicated when one can cope with everything and has a job atst for example.

and acts normal and talks normal and realistic. because then where is the crazyness that is expected?

especially if that oen does have symptoms but never seeked help and can place it and cope with it. then where is the sickness.

this matter is so big and not just anymore restricted to a personal messiah delusion it goes much deeper....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

xounstaer

his qualities..
Jan 23, 2011
netherlands, eindhoven
✟16,090.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i guess that depends on how you look at it. for me it has been pretty real my whole life, but without the messiah delusion.

i didnt get that until i read the bible and had my experiences of which one is in my avatar.

if a person says he or she is the messiah, i think one should give a serious approach and relativate everything not to cal the person a liar. since that i a wrong approach.

so if you want to understand and be aware of what the delusion means, one should first totally figure out what it means to have a messiah delusion. since i also have started to believe seriously i am not alone in this and there is so much perspective in relativating the meaning of the delusion.

there can be only one and for me that is me. there is only one and for you that is you.

your question so if one can be aware @jackmt. i myself am alsways aware of it. but still then its not allways fun since there is a big variaty of symptoms, which are surely not all positive.

but aware i have been of this delusion since the first time i really read the bible and it never really left. and that is 9 years ago almost now.

not a day goes by without it being in my mind.

gr.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
God is the only one that can make delusions pure, your condition that God has given you is the very best from God, who only gives us Good. with them comes things that help us to resist evil and cling to God. we grow strong in Christ and partake of his nature. we are the wife to Jesus Christ and sons of the Father. the more we forsake human beings the more we attain to Christ, the more we die to who we thought we were the more we become who God sees us to be. human logic can not fathom the grace that God pours out on all of us. if we were not so different we would be trapped in the common traps that human beings are trapped in.

I do not know about you x, but for me, I only want to be united to God and Christ and He is the only purpose for anything. I can love people when I am united to God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi xounstaer,

I read your first post to try to get an understanding of what you are experiencing. I hope I understand well enough to put forward my thoughts.

When you become a Christian, Jesus, physically enters you, you become one spirit with him. This means that all of God's power becomes available for the Christian. God never lets us move in his full power, we don't become God. We don't become the messiah. But because God is with us, we take on the exact same mission that Jesus did. Healing the sick, raising the dead, praying for people, seeing miracles. I believe the problem that you have had is that you may have become aware that you have a spiritual purpose now, even to live out the life of the messiah, but the devil has deceived you that you are infact the messiah, with a call greater than others. The prayers you have had for others is what God wants, and it is a part of the nature God has implanted into you, but you are not the messiah. As God said in the bible:

Isa 42:8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another

God does not give his position as God or messiah to anyone, but he does give you its power, and authority. You can live like the messiah, that is what God wants, but you can never be the messiah.

As for trying to hear God's voice, that is one of the hardest things to do. I have had God tell me future event, and even bring about salvation for a person by speaking to me. But I still can not decern God's voice by trying to listen, it is just so hard. I would say on that point don't stress, just read the bible and do what Jesus did.

You are doing fine, just realise that you are not the messiah, God does not let any one be Jesus, but he is in you, and you can ask God to gift you with spiritual power. But be aware we can't force God to perform miracles even though he is in us. It is a gift from God, we must be proved worthy to perform miracles. I would suggest that what you do to get spiritual power is to read your bible extensively, do studies, learn about God, and continue to pray for people as you have been doing. Once you get the bible into you, and you have continual prayer before God, he will start to allow you to do miracles.

1Co 12:27-31 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular. And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues. Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret? But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

The more excellent way in the bible is charity, or as we commonly call it love. Without love we are just power mad. Seek to bless people, and show them love. It was Jesus compassion, or love for others that caused him to perform miracles.

Mat 20:34 So Jesus had compassion on them, and touched their eyes: and immediately their eyes received sight, and they followed him.

Mar 1:41 And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth his hand, and touched him, and saith unto him, I will; be thou clean.

Mar 6:34 And Jesus, when he came out, saw much people, and was moved with compassion toward them, because they were as sheep not having a shepherd: and he began to teach them many things.

Luk 7:13-15 And when the Lord saw her, he had compassion on her, and said unto her, Weep not. And he came and touched the bier: and they that bare him stood still. And he said, Young man, I say unto thee, Arise. And he that was dead sat up, and began to speak. And he delivered him to his mother.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

xounstaer

his qualities..
Jan 23, 2011
netherlands, eindhoven
✟16,090.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i dont know what to say. thank you very much for your reply, it certainly is usefull. do you min dit if i say it is an opinion you have and now have shared with me.

i carrie my own name, 'stein' (de moor) which means stonein german, like einstein somewhat. should i forget my name and my place of birth and the paths i have gone and all the prayers i did and all i have see.

beyond the technologies of nasa (alien life)

what does messiah mean? is the first question to be answerred.

to you it is jesus.
to me jesus is ans was the way is the light as me is the way as me is the truth as me....

i felt the holes in my hands and feet, so i read your post very well.

but i have my own name, and i have been delivered inside and outside to many times, and i have been hurt to much.

what paulus wanted to have..he didnt have it..jesus had it. i am not jesus. thouguh in areas where i have lived, you dont want to know how people treat me.......

i'll take out the term messiah.

(salut)

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i carrie my own name, 'stein' (de moor) which means stonein german, like einstein somewhat. should i forget my name and my place of birth and the paths i have gone and all the prayers i did and all i have see.

beyond the technologies of nasa (alien life)

Hi,

In the bible names were important to people and often the plans God had for thier life were tied into their names. I don't have a good name, but God has still used me in miraculous ways, i.e. healing a sick woman, predicting future events, and many minor miracles. God wants us all blessed, so regardless of what our name means God is seeking our blessing.

what does messiah mean? is the first question to be answerred.

The word Masih literally means "The anointed one". Anointed means to have the Spirit of God upon you. As a Christian we do have the Spirit of God upon us as I mentioned in the previous post. However we should always remain humble, and not have a high opinion of ourselves, calling ourselves by the name that Jesus was called for me is to proud. Although you have the anointing, (1Jn2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you), we are not in the same league as Jesus. So we should not call ourselves the Messiah.

but i have my own name, and i have been delivered inside and outside to many times, and i have been hurt to much.

what paulus wanted to have..he didnt have it..jesus had it. i am not jesus. thouguh in areas where i have lived, you dont want to know how people treat me.......

We all have suffering in our lives from time to time, people may treat us bad, but God has good plans for each of us. He does not call us to suffer perpetually, he actually wants us to prosper. Take the following verse that describes the Christians life.

Mar 10:30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

It says the Christian will receive "one hundred times more blessing, than if they were not a Christian", we are far more blessed that if we had remain a sinner. The verse talks about relationships, and possessions, we are to have better relationships, and more wealth. God wants us blessed not to suffer. The bible also says "God is not a respecter of persons", in plain english that mean, God treats us all the same, he has no favorites. Although God may have a special plan for you, he give you the same blessings as others, he does not force you to suffer. Suffering can be a good thing for others, but only if we overcome it in Christ. It is not good to always suffer.

i'll take out the term messiah.

If I get you right, you are not going to call yourself the messiah, am I correct? That is a wise thing to do. Calling yourself the messiah will only cause people to think you are crazy. But trusting in God is not a crazy thing, it adds to our life.

I asked the Lord for a verse specially for you, this is what I got when I prayed.

Gal 6:17 From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.

I believe in becoming a Christian you have indeed suffered somewhat, "bearing the marks" for the Lords sake. I also asked the Lord what your future should be like, this is what he gave me.

2Ti 3:15-17 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

I believe Jesus is saying to you he wants you to study the scripture, to make you wise, understand and know God. All the best

Upvote 0

xounstaer

his qualities..
Jan 23, 2011
netherlands, eindhoven
✟16,090.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
prayer is something that I have set myself, purely just to pray what is possible within the truth, or truths. So I prefer to write.
I strongly suggest that for myself anyway because it really differs in flavor.

the ways and means by which it can be prayed, I mean pray that Jesus Christ comes back I have basically no problems. (but denied)

what I mean to say is that I only pray that the truth within what is possible. and that is a mountain or hear, or a whole life with all its aspects, regarding prayer.

this is writing. and I wonder what you want to share on this topic. for me it can be quite an issue, concerning my truth so.

Upvote 0

xounstaer

his qualities..
Jan 23, 2011
netherlands, eindhoven
✟16,090.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
greets from here, i am first gonna search what 'pentecost means.
and mind i remind of the apostles and disciples who predict in real terms. and where Paul/Saul reminds through a period of two-thousand years that jesus christ has not returned yet as some might think.

and where there is asked nothing......god has his ways i guess. only exists in count down... and i choose jesus.

but also have some heart for mozes...........!^

i have not much time and am working at recovering. or restoring in my pase of life.
i was locked up a long time.........

and a be a good brother and hope i have some freedom again before the end of the summer.

please pray for me, i know we all have hard times but the fight over a body... really hurts sometimes to much in all ways precise too. i be one though on earth as you are too.

bye

Upvote 0