1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2. Please check out our two newest forums, the "Buy, Sell or Trade" (link ) forum in the Society Category, and the "Conspiracy Theories" (link) forum in our Discussion and Debate Category.

Tithing and Sowing Seeds

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by Leah, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leah

Leah 2 Corinthians 5:21

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    Are they the same or are they different?

I'm trying to understand the difference between the two and I would greatly appreciate some help with this, please.

When you answer my question, throughly explain why you think they are or aren't. I will not accept a simple yes or no. ;)

thanks in advance.

2. Leah

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    Oh and PLEASE try to avoid the use of any kind of denominational doctrines to back up your answer. As they have absolutely nothing to do with tithing or sowing seeds. ;)

3. Knowledge3

Knowledge3 New Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Eastern-Orthodox
    You mean the seed of the Gospel? :) Haven't a bunch of different people already claimed to sow that seed?

4. Leah

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    No. I mean the seed that is according to God's will. The only seed that He's obligated (per say) to harvest.

I'm learning that what we think is a good seed to sow and what God thinks are two different concepts. Take a look at Ecclesiates 11:1-4.

And I don't look at the Gospel as a seed. The Gospel is the Good News and it's something we ought to be spreading around to the rest of the world. So it is not a seed. It is our DUTY because God already COMMANDED it.

5. PETE_

PETE_ Count as lost, every moment not spent loving God

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Calvinist
    When people speak of tithing they are generally refering to offerings to the church.

Sowing seeds is the spreading of the gospel.

6. Leah

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Christian
    Explain more, please.

7. A Brother In Christ

A Brother In Christ Senior Veteran

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    sowing.. only verse I now of ..is Matt 13:37 By the Son of God, 39 by the devil

tithing is for a person under law....
    1. lev 27:30-33,duet 12:17 1/10 of crop
    2. duet 14:22 9% of 90
    3. duet 14:28
    4. numbers 18:20-26 levi's
    mal 3:8-14 not giving

we are called to 2 cor 9:6-7

in vs 6 ...he which soweth bountiful [good word spoken]

8. Knowledge3

Knowledge3 New Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Eastern-Orthodox

See, there is a technical problem with the claims that people make in their ministries concerning the Gospel of Christ. When you say God is going to "harvest" something from the earth, are you speaking in a metaphor or explaining a divine action of God? Anyone who is fluent in philosophy will see the transparency in the claims made by today's Christian.

9. PETE_

PETE_ Count as lost, every moment not spent loving God

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Calvinist
    In our everyday life we obvious cannot go through the entire gospel message with everyone we encounter. The seed is the beginning and needs to develope. When I show grace to others I am sowing seeds with actions. When I tell others about my relationship with Him, I am sowing seeds with words. Others may come after and add to that initial planting as if to water, and still others may lead the seed through to maturity and harvest. We should go and tell and He will harvest.

10. A Brother In Christ

A Brother In Christ Senior Veteran

Marital Status:
    Married
    Faith:
    Christian
    Yet it is God who makes one grow... no one else

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.