Leah

2 Corinthians 5:21
May 26, 2005
✟7,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are they the same or are they different?

I'm trying to understand the difference between the two and I would greatly appreciate some help with this, please.

When you answer my question, throughly explain why you think they are or aren't. I will not accept a simple yes or no. ;)

thanks in advance.

Leah

2 Corinthians 5:21
May 26, 2005
✟7,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You mean the seed of the Gospel? :) Haven't a bunch of different people already claimed to sow that seed?

No. I mean the seed that is according to God's will. The only seed that He's obligated (per say) to harvest.

I'm learning that what we think is a good seed to sow and what God thinks are two different concepts. Take a look at Ecclesiates 11:1-4.

And I don't look at the Gospel as a seed. The Gospel is the Good News and it's something we ought to be spreading around to the rest of the world. So it is not a seed. It is our DUTY because God already COMMANDED it.

Upvote 0

A Brother In Christ

Senior Veteran
Mar 30, 2005
Royal city, washington
✟5,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are they the same or are they different?

I'm trying to understand the difference between the two and I would greatly appreciate some help with this, please.

When you answer my question, throughly explain why you think they are or aren't. I will not accept a simple yes or no. ;)

thanks in advance.

sowing.. only verse I now of ..is Matt 13:37 By the Son of God, 39 by the devil

tithing is for a person under law....
1. lev 27:30-33,duet 12:17 1/10 of crop
2. duet 14:22 9% of 90
3. duet 14:28
4. numbers 18:20-26 levi's
mal 3:8-14 not giving

we are called to 2 cor 9:6-7

in vs 6 ...he which soweth bountiful [good word spoken]

Upvote 0

Knowledge3

Mar 29, 2005
✟9,814.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
No. I mean the seed that is according to God's will. The only seed that He's obligated (per say) to harvest.

See, there is a technical problem with the claims that people make in their ministries concerning the Gospel of Christ. When you say God is going to "harvest" something from the earth, are you speaking in a metaphor or explaining a divine action of God? Anyone who is fluent in philosophy will see the transparency in the claims made by today's Christian.

Upvote 0

PETE_

Count as lost, every moment not spent loving God
Jun 11, 2006
✟212,561.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
In our everyday life we obvious cannot go through the entire gospel message with everyone we encounter. The seed is the beginning and needs to develope. When I show grace to others I am sowing seeds with actions. When I tell others about my relationship with Him, I am sowing seeds with words. Others may come after and add to that initial planting as if to water, and still others may lead the seed through to maturity and harvest. We should go and tell and He will harvest.

Upvote 0

A Brother In Christ

Senior Veteran
Mar 30, 2005
Royal city, washington
✟5,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In our everyday life we obvious cannot go through the entire gospel message with everyone we encounter. The seed is the beginning and needs to develope. When I show grace to others I am sowing seeds with actions. When I tell others about my relationship with Him, I am sowing seeds with words. Others may come after and add to that initial planting as if to water, and still others may lead the seed through to maturity and harvest. We should go and tell and He will harvest.

Yet it is God who makes one grow... no one else

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.