Status
Not open for further replies.

ShannonMcCatholic

I swallowed a bug
Feb 2, 2004
✟30,743.00
Faith
Catholic
My oldest son asked, "Mom, why if we are the children of God do we say 'I believe in Jesus Christ, His only Son' in the Creed?"

And I replied that other translations translate it as "only-begotten Son...and that we are the adopted children of God.....but let's see what the Catechism has to say!"

And so we loked up "Only Son of God" so my son could read it.

Man I love that Catechism--man I love that the Church has answers!!

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My oldest son asked, "Mom, why if we are the children of God do we say 'I believe in Jesus Christ, His only Son' in the Creed?"

And I replied that other translations translate it as "only-begotten Son...and that we are the adopted children of God.....but let's see what the Catechism has to say!"

And so we loked up "Only Son of God" so my son could read it.

Man I love that Catechism--man I love that the Church has answers!!
Amen to that.

And you sound like an awesome teacher btw. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟60,685.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
LOL! He asked me after watching Evan Almighty...which if you haven't seen--is a great movie! ( I love free library movies! we've seen some great stuff from the library!)

I just saw Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Evan Almighty might be next. :) That's a Jim Carrey movie, too, right? Or does that one feature the guy who used to be a reporter for the Daily Show?

Upvote 0

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
LOL! He asked me after watching Evan Almighty...which if you haven't seen--is a great movie! ( I love free library movies! we've seen some great stuff from the library!)
It is a good movie. I used to check out movies at the library too. Haven't in a long time though.

Kids are amazing, and they come up with some good ones.:D

Upvote 0

ShannonMcCatholic

I swallowed a bug
Feb 2, 2004
✟30,743.00
Faith
Catholic
I just saw Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Evan Almighty might be next. :) That's a Jim Carrey movie, too, right? Or does that one feature the guy who used to be a reporter for the Daily Show?

Eternal Sunshine is a great movie!!

Evan Almighty has the dude from The Office...

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Evan Almighty has the dude from The Office...
haha, I have a funny story about Eternal Sunshine, ok, somebody robbed my copy of the movie, and I mentioned that in passing to my parents, well they told a friend of the family who owns a video store what happened so for Christmas she got me another copy of the movie. ok here is the funny part, she is very strict about what her son watches, nothing rated R, so my folks had not seen this friend of the family for a long while and we all had fun visiting and my parents recomend we watch the movie, I told them it was rated R but I think everybody was just looking for an excuse to hang out longer, lol it was kinda akward LOL great movie btw love it

Upvote 0

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟60,685.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

great movie btw love it

Yeah, I really enjoyed it, too. Jim Carrey actually wound up turning into a very good actor. I wouldn't have guessed it all from his wacky over-the-top arguably-obnoxious early work like "Ace Ventura: Pet Detective", but his later work is really, really good. The Truman Show and Eternal Sushine are excellent films, and he really thrives in dramatic roles like that. Even some of his later comedies, like "Yes Man", are very good, where the comedy is a little bit more chill and you can tell that the guy is actually a good comedian. :) I'm becoming a real fan of his as time passes, I think. The development he's undergone as an actor has really been amazing, and he's taking better scripts as time passes.

Eternal Sunshine had an incredible plot, too. Very imaginative concept, thought provoking concept, almost scifi, and very philosophically stimulating. And I'm a sucker for a good story about love and loss. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.