Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Please do not twist my words or question my faith. No one knows exactly who he is YET. There will come a time when we WILL know. So "do I believe Jesus would let us enter the last days without us knowing who the beast is?" Of course not!!! Yes, the identity of the beast is in the Bible for ALL to see and to interpret. But we do not know exactly who this person is at this time, but we will definitely know in the future. You seem to know the name of the person already.

You have misunderstood my post I am not twisting your words or questioning your faith. I was referring to the article that you posted.

I only referred to you in the issue of the identity of the beast.

Yes I do know the identity of the beast.
1. In order to know what the "mark" is, we must first identify the beast. How does the Bible describe the beast?
The Mark of the Beast | Bible Study Guides | Amazing Facts

Upvote 0

Fere222

...Love each other... ‭‭~John‬ ‭13:34‬ ‭
Jul 25, 2016
USA
✟18,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
You have misunderstood my post I am not twisting your words or questioning your faith. I was referring to the article that you posted.

1. In order to know what the "mark" is, we must first identify the beast. How does the Bible describe the beast?
Thank you for clarifying. But you know the actual "person" he is? I will look at your link tomorrow. It is getting late. Have a good evening. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Edit: I had a glance over it, I know who you believe him to be but the man himself could be replaced by then. Just a thought...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Psalm3704

And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The antichrist is referred to as: The king of the north, the Assyrian, etc.
(See Isaiah 10:5-6, 20-25, 27-33; Micah 5:5-6; Daniel 11:40-45, etc.)

The Assyrian Empire is represented in the darker orange color on the map.

That's a good map of the Assyrian Empire. It's unfortunate many people think the Assyrian Empire only consisted of Syria and Iraq as in 824 BC but the overall empire later stretched well into parts of Turkey, Iran, Jordan, Egypt and Saudi Arabia as in the map below. And you're correct, many old testament scriptures addresses him as the assyrian, such a dead giveaway.

AssyrianEmpireX.png

• Agree
Reactions: Fere222
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

OHC, I have noticed that Jews, even those who are Christians, have a hard time with the notion that the Antichrist will be a Jew.

Amazing Facts - Doug Batchler, SDA, a Jew. SDA of course points to the Pope/papacy
Islamic Antichrist - Joel Richardson
Islamic Antichrist - Joel Rosenberg (he implies it)

Of course countermissionary Jews, i.e. Jews belonging to Judaism, opposed to Christianity, don't consider the concept of a Antichrist person as even being relevant, and would be beyond reason that such a person would be Jew.

If there is a noted Jew, an author or commentator, who thinks that the Antichrist will be a Jew - I would like for anyone to inform me. It could be that I am just uninformed.

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

That link isn't telling you the a/c cannot be a muslim, it's merely giving you a few details of who he is and what he will do.

Just gonna cover the first 3 points as I'm too lazy to do all.

1. It arose out of the fourth beast.

Look at the map of the Roman Empire in the first century. The a/c can come out of any of those countries that was a part of the Roman Empire at that time. It clearly shows it overlapping a few modern day Islamic countries in the Middle East.

ancient%2BRome.jpg

2. It came up among the ten horns.

Daniel 7:24 New King James Version (NKJV)
The ten horns are ten kings
Who shall arise from this kingdom.
And another shall rise after them;
He shall be different from the first ones,
And shall subdue three kings.

How many people actually knew a 10 Arab nation coalition was formed in Sept 2015 to combat ISIS? Is this a coincidence? I don't know.

10 Arab states agree to join US-led military campaign against Islamic State

10 Arab states join the US in battle against Isil

Saudi leads ten-nation Sunni coalition in bombing Yemen's Shia rebels

This is an coalition of 10 Sunni nations but Turkey is not listed amongst the 10. And it's odd because Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Egypt are the 3 biggest Sunni muslim nations in the Middle East. Why is Turkey not in the picture?

Isis: Ten Arab Nations Join US-Led Coalition against Islamic State

In a joint statement, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates, said they "will do their share" to fight against the jihadist group that has taken control of large swathes of Iraq and Syria.

Why is Turkey not joining the war against ISIS?
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/vie...Turkey-not-joining-the-war-against-ISIS-.html

Why is Turkey hesitant to enter the fight against ISIS?

10 months later in July 2015, news comes out that Turkey will finally join the coalition against ISIS.

Turkey finally joins the ISIS fight. Should we be worried?
Oh-oh, Turkey has finally joined the fight against ISIS: Brian Stewart

Why Turkey Has Finally Declared War on ISIS

Is this another coincidence because this was what Daniel wrote: "And another shall arise after them"

And this is also what the guy in the link wrote in #3. Is all this just a coincidence? I don't know but there's more reasons to believe the a/c is a muslim, especially if the tribulation starts today.

3. It came up after the ten horns had been established.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fere222
Upvote 0

toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
“To the angel of the church in Pergamum write: ‘I know your works, and where you dwell... where Satan’s throne is. And you hold fast to my name, and did not deny my faith even in the days in which Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was killed among you, where Satan dwells.'"
Revelation 2:12

Pergamum was an ancient city located in modern day Turkey.
The Bible refers to the antichrist as an Assyrian. What country/countries are located where Assyrians came from?
Part of today's northern Iraq, southeastern Turkey, northwestern Iran and northeastern Syria. Could it be possible the antichrist comes from Turkey? (Or even one of the countries listed that was part of Assyria)?

Photo by Jen S

the "king of the north" in Daniel 11 is not the antichrist, but the manifestation of (Kingdom of) the true God that comes directly from the "Heavens", while the "king of the south" there is that manifestation of (Kingdom of) the true God that comes from the "sea" and the "earth" (Luke 11:31), albeit also heavenly or in agreement with the "Heavens" - the king that tries to possess the world also trying to deal with the king of the north and the king of the south in Daniel 11 is the type of antichrist(false prophet/spiritual servant of unrighteousness)

forget about the physical cardinal directions and territories if you really want to understand the biblical prophesies right, the true God has put a special spiritual meaning in every word/phrase of the biblical prophesies, and it is what is important for the worshipers - the physical/material understanding has nothing to do with what the true God has put as a spiritual truth in the biblical scriptures

Blessings

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That link isn't telling you the a/c cannot be a muslim, it's merely giving you a few details of who he is and what he will do.

Just gonna cover the first 3 points as I'm too lazy to do all.

1. It arose out of the fourth beast.

Look at the map of the Roman Empire in the first century. The a/c can come out of any of those countries that was a part of the Roman Empire at that time. It clearly shows it overlapping a few modern day Islamic countries in the Middle East.

ancient%2BRome.jpg

2. It came up among the ten horns.

How many people actually knew a 10 Arab nation coalition was formed in Sept 2015 to combat ISIS? Is this a coincidence? I don't know.

This is an coalition of 10 Sunni nations but Turkey is not listed amongst the 10. And it's odd because Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Egypt are the 3 biggest Sunni muslim nations in the Middle East. Why is Turkey not in the picture?

In a joint statement, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates, said they "will do their share" to fight against the jihadist group that has taken control of large swathes of Iraq and Syria.

Why is Turkey not joining the war against ISIS?
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/vie...Turkey-not-joining-the-war-against-ISIS-.html

10 months later in July 2015, news comes out that Turkey will finally join the coalition against ISIS.

Turkey finally joins the ISIS fight. Should we be worried?
Oh-oh, Turkey has finally joined the fight against ISIS: Brian Stewart

Is this another coincidence because this was what Daniel wrote: "And another shall arise after them"

And this is also what the guy in the link wrote in #3. Is all this just a coincidence? I don't know but there's more reasons to believe the a/c is a muslim, especially if the tribulation starts today.

3. It came up after the ten horns had been established.

Thank you for addressing two of the points listed
Please address the other identifying characteristics listed.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
OHC, I have noticed that Jews, even those who are Christians, have a hard time with the notion that the Antichrist will be a Jew.

Amazing Facts - Doug Batchler, SDA, a Jew. SDA of course points to the Pope/papacy
Islamic Antichrist - Joel Richardson
Islamic Antichrist - Joel Rosenberg (he implies it)

Of course countermissionary Jews, i.e. Jews belonging to Judaism, opposed to Christianity, don't consider the concept of a Antichrist person as even being relevant, and would be beyond reason that such a person would be Jew.

If there is a noted Jew, an author or commentator, who thinks that the Antichrist will be a Jew - I would like for anyone to inform me. It could be that I am just uninformed.

Douggg

You know where I stand on the identity of the beast as I am a SDA.

There are two major issues in understanding prophecy in the Christian world as I see it.

1- Seventy week prophecy of Daniel where most Christians subscribe to the removal of the last week and moving it to the end of time. In so doing this they attribute the last week to the antichrist. No where in the Bible is there another example of a gap in time prophecy or any persons interpretation of a time prophecy. This Gap stands alone in mans interpretation.

We agree that the 69th week ended with the anointing of the Messiah when he was baptized by John. If you continue the prophecy from the baptism to the cross it is 3.5 years which fits the prophecy "And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself:" then 3.5 years later the gospel went to gentiles after the stoning of Stephen thus ending the seventy weeks of the prophecy. "Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people" The Jewish nation were Gods people and they were to take the Gospel to the world which they did not do. Instead they crucified the Messiah then stoned one of his prophets right on time.
51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:
53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.
54 When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.
55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.
57 Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord,
58 And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul.
59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.
The people of God, the Jews at the Stoning of Stephen sealed their fate as a nation.

Jesus said
John 5:39
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. (NOT THE ANTICHRIST)

2- Understanding that Israel in the new testament is not the literal Israel but the Spiritual Israel that Gentiles are grafted into. The promises made to literal Israel were transferred to the spiritual Israel at the close of the prophecy. This issue would go away if the 70th week was properly understood.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paul Yohannan

Mar 24, 2016
Old Route 66
✟34,744.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
“To the angel of the church in Pergamum write: ‘I know your works, and where you dwell... where Satan’s throne is. And you hold fast to my name, and did not deny my faith even in the days in which Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was killed among you, where Satan dwells.'"

The Bible refers to the antichrist as an Assyrian. What country/countries are located where Assyrians came from?
Part of today's northern Iraq, southeastern Turkey, northwestern Iran and northeastern Syria. Could it be possible the antichrist comes from Turkey? (Or even one of the countries listed that was part of Assyria)?

Those lections do not clearly refer to the anti-Christ; the idea that they do is an assumption.

More over, the Assyrians are Christians, and started converting to Christianity innthenfirst century through the evangelism of St. Thomas the Apostle and Sts. Addai and Mari. King Agbar of Edessa is regarded as the first Christian ruler. They were nearly wiped out by Tamerlane in the 13th century, they were nearly exterminated again by the Turks during the Sayfo genocide in 1915 (along with the Armenians and Pontic Greeks), and now they have been driven out of much of their ancestral homeland in Syria and the Nineveh Plains by ISIL.

Ergo, this thread strikes me as being insensitive to one of the most persecuted groups of Christians.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So "do I believe Jesus would let us enter the last days without us knowing who the beast is?" Of course not!!!

Aren't they already underway?
In fact, Doesn't scripture testify that the last days were already underway in the 1st century?

God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, has in these last days has spoken to us in His Son.” (Heb. 1:1-2)

Perhaps you are referencing a different last days?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
. There are thirteen identifying marks as to who the antchrist (little horn) is in the Bible

Where exactly does the Bible teach that antichrist and little horn are the same thing?

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I have educated myself on what the Bible says. I have studied the Bible more in the last seven years than some people have in a lifetime. I have previously thought the Roman Empire. I believe he will come from the Middle East. Recently, I have begun to believe Islamic. Please, tell me, what do you believe? Thanks in advance.
If you click on his link, he is pretty much a "Papacy" guy, you are a believer in an Islamic guy being the Beast. The bibles says no such thing either way. It identifies the Little Horn as arising from the Fourth Beast and from the Grecian empire in the END TIMES, thus he is born in Greece and comes to power via the E.U.

It does't pass the Logic Test how any Muslim/Islamic will EVER come to power in a nature that would allow him to conquer the Western Nations as we know them. It is just not going to happen, on top of that the bible spells out where he is from. But back to Logic, what Arab state, or could ALL ARAB STATES COMBINED, conquer the world ? The answer is no, and no people will give their power (as the 10 Kings do) to a Muslim, this is a False Flag, as is the Papacy angle. The man is a BEAST because he conquers Israel, that is what Babylon did (Beast), Persia (Beast), Greece (Beast), Rome (Beast) and even Egypt and Assyria. Add the Anti-Christ and his Kings and there is your Seven Headed BEAST in Rev. 13 and 17.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Pergamum was where the Romans built the Temple to Zeus also know as Belios to the Greeks, or Bel of the Babylonians or better yet BAAL from the Evil Canaanites.

The reference was to the Temple of Zeus being the throne of Satan. Germany actually moved it to Berlin and Hitler made a replica of it in Nuremberg, that is where he gave many of his crazed speeches from.

Google Throne of Satan...........Many stories about it, and a video

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Where exactly does the Bible teach that antichrist and little horn are the same thing?

Look at the identification characteristics of both, they are the same.

Upvote 0

Yahu_

Nov 16, 2016
Atlanta, Ga
✟18,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Revelation 2:12.

IMO the 'seat of Satan' mentioned is a reference to the alter of Zeus in Pergamon. It had a major pagan religious complex. That 'alter' was moved to a Berlin Museum.

16763033_401.jpg

Considering Lucifer is just a Latin epithet of the pagan sun god equivalent to Pheobus (as in Pheobus Apollo) in the Greek and the Roman's called the twin sister of Apollo by the name Diana Luciferah. The 'king of the abyss' is in Greek Apollyon, an alternate spelling of Apollo. And Lucifer is called 'ben Shachar' (son of the Morning) and Shachar is a Canaanite deity that was a 'son of El'. That would make Zeus the original Satan (cast down as 'lightning') and Lucifer/Apollo his son the current Satan and the 'seat of Satan' the above alter of Zeus.

Now even the Babylonians equated both Hadad (the thunderer) and Shemesh (sun god) as the two 'adjudicators', ie Satans. Hadad is the Syrian name of Zeus and Shemesh just means sun and is a reference to whom the Greeks called Apollo, his son.

Last edited:
Upvote 0