Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
"Omni-potent", (all-powerful), "Omni-scient" (all-knowing), "Omni-present" (in many or all places at once)... The three "Omni's" under which every other "Omni" is said to fall...

But I'm looking for a fourth?, what would an Omni-"judicial" or word for one knowing "all" justice and matters of judgement?, what would that be called?

Or does that fall under the category of "all-knowing", (Omniscient)?

God Bless!

Incoloranthos

Strange fruits hanging on poplar trees
Jul 3, 2014
Earth, I guess...
✟15,130.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
It might probably fall under omniscience because of God's wisdom and knowledge to which he makes valid judgments. I don't think there is a term (that I know of) for his omni-judicialness per se. I believe there is another separate term called "omnibenevolence" - something along the lines of "all-loving" or "capable of good" that would probably make up for the 4th omni- term.

Then again, I might be wrong with this. :confused:

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It might probably fall under omniscience because of God's wisdom and knowledge to which he makes valid judgments. I don't think there is a term (that I know of) for his omni-judicialness per se. I believe there is another separate term called "omnibenevolence" - something along the lines of "all-loving" or "capable of good" that would probably make up for the 4th omni- term.

Then again, I might be wrong with this. :confused:

"Omnibenevolence (from Latin omni- meaning "all", and benevolent, meaning "good")[1] is defined by the Oxford English Dictionary as "unlimited or infinite benevolence". It is often held to be impossible, or at least improbable, for a deity to exhibit such property alongside omniscience and omnipotence as a result of the problem of evil. However, some philosophers, such as Alvin Plantinga, argue the plausibility of co-existence. The word is primarily used as a technical term within academic literature on the philosophy of religion, mainly in context of the problem of evil and theodical responses to such. Although even in said contexts the phrases "perfect goodness" or "moral perfection" are often preferred because of the difficulties in defining what exactly constitutes 'infinite benevolence'."

"All-good", as a result of evil or sin, plausible..

But no word for only what I know to call Omni-judical, huh?

Thanks,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

peterandrewj

Wayfarer
Jan 14, 2014
NYC
✟8,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know I may step on toes but consider this post just another opinion.

This subject interests me because it deals with man's attempt to define God. All these omini's seem to be conclusions formed, based on scriptural references that address other matters.

If omnipresent means being everywhere at the same time, I don't believe that's true about God. God is not in the atmosphere, not in world, not in material things, not in plants and animals. His presence is not with the wicked. God is present wherever he sends his Spirit.

Psalm 11:4 The Lord is in his holy temple, the Lord's throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.

If omniscient means all knowing, I don't believe that's true about God. People say God knows what every single person is thinking, what they will do before they do it, and he knows their future. But again, I believe that is the imagination of man.

Acts 15:18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

Psalm 139:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts.

As for omnipotent, the imagination is the limit. I hear some christians saying God can do anything; don't limit God; if God wants to appear as a chicken he can, or turn a dollar bill into a hundred he can. But I believe God is true to who he is and cannot deny himself. His works declare his name.

Psalm 86:8 Among the gods there is none like unto thee, O Lord; neither are there any works like unto thy works.

Even unbelievers have these ideas of God because they don't know him. I find whenever man attempts to define God they fail.

Psalm 18:31 For who is God save the Lord? or who is a rock save our God?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If omnipresent means being everywhere at the same time, I don't believe that's true about God. God is not in the atmosphere, not in world, not in material things, not in plants and animals. His presence is not with the wicked. God is present wherever he sends his Spirit.

If omniscient means all knowing, I don't believe that's true about God. People say God knows what every single person is thinking, what they will do before they do it, and he knows their future. But again, I believe that is the imagination of man.

About Omnipresent, I said he can be in many, or all places at once. You don't believe God is in many places (wherever he chooses to be) at once then? I do...

Omniscient: You don't believe God is all knowing, interesting, I do.

Maybe now would be a good time to bring up the question, how many of you believe or don't believe in the "omni's" about God? Why or why not?

God Bless!

Upvote 0