Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Optional thread tags have been added to this forum. The problem that was noted is that while a discussion is desired on a certain scripture passage and an aspect of Dispensationalism, the discussion is often derailed into a defense of the whole viewpoint as opposed to discussing one aspect.

So now you can choose a tag to limit input. For instance, if you want to discuss Acts 28 Dispensationalism vs mid Acts Dispensationalism, use the Dispensationalist Only tag.

Reactions: MWood

Danoh

Oct 11, 2011
✟40,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Optional thread tags have been added to this forum. The problem that was noted is that while a discussion is desired on a certain scripture passage and an aspect of Dispensationalism, the discussion is often derailed into a defense of the whole viewpoint as opposed to discussing one aspect.

So now you can choose a tag to limit input. For instance, if you want to discuss Acts 28 Dispensationalism vs mid Acts Dispensationalism, use the Dispensationalist Only tag.

Very valid reasoning, as some appear to live only to disrupt other's like minded discussions.

There are plenty of threads open for such.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can understand why a minister promoting a doctrine might want to squash any opinions that might endanger his paycheck. Empty pews do not pay the bills.

The same is true for an author selling books promoting the doctrine.

Being able to defend a doctrine based on the text of scripture is the true test of the doctrine's validity.

The original teachings of the Apostles have been changed through forcing scripture to fit various manmade doctrines.

This becomes evident through an examination of the history of the doctrine and the conflicts it produces within the scriptures, when viewed as a whole.

God's Word is like a lion. It can defend itself.

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Ti_4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ac28

Oct 29, 2013
✟46,442.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
BAB2,

So exactly what doctrine(s) are you trying to defend? Your posts certainly give no hint of what these doctrines are.

I will only start using the tag if this question and others I have asked you aren't answered. So far, you've just been an constant irritant that has contributed absolutely nothing to the discussions.

Last edited:
Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,738,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The reason for the tags is to keep the threads on topic. There are topics within Dispensationalism that folks want to discuss without having threads often hijacked into discussion about one particular viewpoint.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I understand wanting to keep threads on topic, but the reality is that even when making a point that is on topic, you typically need to back up your point with something that can appear to be off topic. And if that off topic point is challenged, you have to defend it in order to establish it as a valid point to support your original point which was on topic.

For example, if I claim that there is no 1000 year reign on earth prior to the judgment, and I use Acts 3:21 to back me up, then people will challenge my understanding of Acts 3:21 which inevitably leads to a debate about "the renewal of all things". Or if I use evidence on the resurrections to support my claim, then others will challenge my understanding of the resurrections in order to undermine my point about the 1000 year reign. That has to happen if we are to have meaningful discussion. The fact is that all scripture is related, and to pretend it's not is folly.

In other words, forcing you to stay "on topic" undermines your ability to support your position on that topic. As I said, too many rules stifle meaningful discussion.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,738,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The descriptions you describe would usually be okay. We are providing the tags, though, so that it is possible to have a discussion on a certain aspect of Dispensationalism without having to defend the doctrine itself, or have it go off on a debate on an entirely off topic aspect. And tags do not have to be used.

Upvote 0