Those who observe OT law are under a CURSE

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You didn't answer the question. I would have thought the obvious answer would be 'No.'
I thought the question was answered very well. Do you seek to lead us about like a bull with a ring in its nose? Is Galatains 5 of any value on the subject?

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You know, if the Holy Spirit tells you what you need to do and know, why bother with even the NT?
For the same reason we do not need to follow the rules and regulations of the OT. If we did we would not need either the Holy Spirit or Jesus.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

SanFrank

Islam Lies to Muslims - Facebook
Mar 11, 2009
United States
✟17,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Salvwtion is not by the law. We all know "by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God" Eph 2:8
This is the crux of Christianity.

But Paul tells Christians "to work out salvation with fear and trembling" Phi 2:12. - meaning one could actually lose his salvation.
Good discussion; sorry for butting in but I think important for christians is that Christ fulfilled the law, perfectly, while no one else could before nor can again. The law was fulfilled perfectly but its function did not end; and since no one else can fulfill it perfectly like the Lord, we can only be justified righteous before Gd thru faith in Christ. "By His knowledge my servant will justify many.."

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Good discussion; sorry for butting in but I think important for christians is that Christ fulfilled the law, perfectly, while no one else could before nor can again. The law was fulfilled perfectly but its function did not end; and since no one else can fulfill it perfectly like the Lord, we can only be justified righteous before Gd thru faith in Christ. "By His knowledge my servant will justify many.."
So what do you think the function of the law is? More specifically the function in the life of the Christian seeing we are delivered from the law - Rom 7:6. Paul says through the illustration of marriage one can not be expoused to both the law and grace. Both void the other.

Paul says submission to the law is committing adultery for the Christian.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

SanFrank

Islam Lies to Muslims - Facebook
Mar 11, 2009
United States
✟17,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Like everything with Gd, it serves multiple functions.
- it was in place so as to test the Lord on His arrival
- it was originally ordained by angels
- satan put Gds Word to the test and it passed
- the beauty of the Torah is its basis for moral principles
- faith proves better than law
I think Adam was like Christ before the fall. Adam and Christ walked with Gd and did as the Father did. "i do what i see my father doing" said Christ. That is walking by Faith. The law is inclusive of that walk.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

denim

Nov 4, 2012
✟15,730.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Steve Petersen said:
Do sabbath. Was circumcised at birth.

Ritual purity is really only relevant when their is a temple. Don't do them. Some do. Most Jews do.

Pork and shellfish: don't do it.

As for me, the law is irrelevant to me as a Christian and a non jew. The Holy Spirit will teach me all i need to know.

Upvote 0