This Woman Says She Had A Miscarriage. Now She Could Face 70 Years In Prison.

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The problem is they don't know how many months she was pregnant, or if this fetus was survivable. Also basically 12 idiots, that couldn't get out of jury duty are going to decide if she's guilty, when the proof isn't there.

The range of age that they spoke about sounds like it wouldn't have been survivable. Her defense claimed 25 weeks.

12 people were asked to do a job, but because you don't like what happened they are idiots that couldn't get out of jury duty. OH! and just for the emotional flavor of all this - of course NO proof.

What a nice summary from a professional no doubt right? :doh:

I believe the conviction was overkill myself, and I hope she gets less time on appeal. 6 years jail, and 10 years probation to me is over the top due to circumstances.

This trial was more over what she did with the baby afterwards then the miscarriage. That was outrageous. If she had brought the child into the hospital with her? Had she called 911, and stayed with the baby? None of this would have happened. They never would have known about the texts, or the possible drugs she discussed with her friend. It never would have gone that far.

Sadly, her own bad decision brought her to this place.

Again, miscarriages happen all the time. People know this, and for people to say that women having miscarriages are going to be afraid to go to the doctor due to this case? That's fear tactics due to the emotional nature of this case. I hope their fear tactics - that they claim is proof, and isn't - doesn't get another person in trouble.

I wish these drama makers would warn people about NOT trying to dispose of the baby, and being upfront over being pregnant..and losing the child. Otherwise, they will scare someone...and this will happen again. It will be on the drama makers head, but they won't be the ones doing time. I hope they can live with that - I'm not sure I could.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I don't get the outrage here. I mean, are we to believe that an educated woman just made a mistake here? Seriously, I just can't see how a jury could be egregiously wrong here.

A woman can have an abortion in Indiana up to 20 weeks. That is five months so lets say at a minimum 3 months of knowing you are pregnant.

If after 20 weeks you decide you want an abortion go to another state or drive to Canada. But no, you don't get to throw a baby in the trash. Hell, most people wouldn't even throw their dog in the trash. So sorry, I'm not overly sympathetic.

And I say all this as a pro-rights person.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
If there's none of this drug in her system, then where's the proof.
Since they couldn't determine the fetus age. How would they know this baby had a chance of making it.
I can't make sense of how they managed to convict her. They haven't proven that the baby wasn't stillborn.
If I do certain things it is more likely that I will have a miscarriage.
And who should get to decide where the line is drawn because carelessness and criminal activity?

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And who should get to decide where the line is drawn because carelessness and criminal activity?

When you throw a baby in a dumpster, and refuse to take responsibility. I mean what are people saying here? A dead child deserves no respect? They don't matter? That's just plain cold.

Upvote 0

ranunculus

Aug 21, 2008
✟270,930.00
Country
Luxembourg
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
When you throw a baby in a dumpster, and refuse to take responsibility. I mean what are people saying here? A dead child deserves no respect? They don't matter? That's just plain cold.

So it's 20 years for illegal disposing of human remains?

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
This trial was more over what she did with the baby afterwards then the miscarriage. That was outrageous. If she had brought the child into the hospital with her? Had she called 911, and stayed with the baby? None of this would have happened. They never would have known about the texts, or the possible drugs she discussed with her friend. It never would have gone that far.

Sadly, her own bad decision brought her to this place.
This is where some cultural awareness is needed, which nearly everyone in that Indiana courtroom lacked, no doubt. She didn't want her family to know. She didn't see the point in suffering when it wouldn't help the baby anyway, I imagine. She's an immigrant, so she likely doesn't have the same sort of resources and outside support system that other people can rely on if they need to avoid their family. That's not to say that the law should be different for her than for other people in light of this, but it changes her intentions.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't get the outrage here. I mean, are we to believe that an educated woman just made a mistake here? Seriously, I just can't see how a jury could be egregiously wrong here.

A woman can have an abortion in Indiana up to 20 weeks. That is five months so lets say at a minimum 3 months of knowing you are pregnant.

If after 20 weeks you decide you want an abortion go to another state or drive to Canada. But no, you don't get to throw a baby in the trash. Hell, most people wouldn't even throw their dog in the trash. So sorry, I'm not overly sympathetic.

And I say all this as a pro-rights person.
So no proof she killed this baby. And she deserves 20 years for putting a dead fetus in the trash. And yes some grown ups don't think clearly. I buried on dog, after that I won't bury another animal. Next time it goes in the trash. The animals dead and doesn't care.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Where do they dump aborted babies? If this baby was 5 months, that not far from the abortion period. So if she would had aborted the baby, then they would have disposed it like trash.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
So no proof she killed this baby. And she deserves 20 years for putting a dead fetus in the trash. And yes some grown ups don't think clearly. I buried on dog, after that I won't bury another animal. Next time it goes in the trash. The animals dead and doesn't care.

I would assume that there are other factors involved here. It was mentioned she had bought abortion inducing drugs though there was no trace found in her system...

Unlike TV, in real life you are just never going to have 100% of the information and you have to make your best educated guess based on the facts you do have.

Fact #1, evidence of her attempting to buy abortion inducing drugs
Fact #2, she is educated and not a stupid person
Fact #3, baby was thrown in a dumpster
Fact #4, she drove herself to the emergency room "after" she had the presence of mind to dump the baby

I mean, what do we need, video evidence of her throwing a live baby in the trash?

Sorry, based on the above, I assume the jury was able to come to a just decision based on whatever else came out at trial. And based on the above I just have no problem with her being found guilty, and once she is found guilty, then punishment is a separate matter.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where do they dump aborted babies? If this baby was 5 months, that not far from the abortion period. So if she would had aborted the baby, then they would have disposed it like trash.

Continuing to make excuses for this woman isn't going to help anything.

Her case is on appeal, and I would hope she gets a more just result.

Sending the message to people that is okay to dump fetus's in the trash, because they end up there anyway isn't going to work.

We have laws on the books on how to treat remains. They all need to be treated with respect. Doesn't matter if it is a miscarriage.

She made a awful decision, but that doesn't make her evil for goodness sakes. It doesn't make her innocent either.

Upvote 0

mafwons

Hi guys
Feb 16, 2014
✟11,177.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Continuing to make excuses for this woman isn't going to help anything.

Her case is on appeal, and I would hope she gets a more just result.

Sending the message to people that is okay to dump fetus's in the trash, because they end up there anyway isn't going to work.

We have laws on the books on how to treat remains. They all need to be treated with respect. Doesn't matter if it is a miscarriage.

She made a awful decision, but that doesn't make her evil for goodness sakes. It doesn't make her innocent either.

Not enough facts here to establish guilt or innocence but circumstances do make it look bad for her.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not enough facts here to establish guilt or innocence but circumstances do make it look bad for her.

She admitted to the doctor at the hospital that she threw the fetus in the dumpster, and the police went to retrieve it.

No one on either side stated that didn't happen. They both admit that is fact.

Placing the fetus in the dumpster is illegal.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
She admitted to the doctor at the hospital that she threw the fetus in the dumpster, and the police went to retrieve it.

But I believe she was charged for other thing, Like causing her baby to die, Before she had the baby and after she hade the baby. She wasn't just charged with throwing a dead fetus or baby in the trash. But they couldn't prove how old the fetus is, or if she killed the baby, before or after the baby was born. Or if she took the abortion pills or not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

None of that matters.

She was convicted of feticide and neglect of a dependent. You can't convict someone of murder because he admits to jaywalking.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
None of that matters.

She was convicted of feticide and neglect of a dependent. You can't convict someone of murder because he admits to jaywalking.

That is what the appeal is about. She will get the appeal. With our stupid system that takes 10 thousand years to do anything, and it has to happen. They found no proof the woman took the drug in question, because it wasn't found in her system. Not sure HOW they got around that one, because the text messages don't prove that either.

The fact she lied about having the baby, and throwing it in the trash does matter. That child does matter. Dead or alive - it matters. It deserves a respectable disposal. The trash can isn't it.

Upvote 0

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The fact she lied about having the baby, and throwing it in the trash does matter. That child does matter. Dead or alive - it matters. It deserves a respectable disposal. The trash can isn't it.

It doesn't matter to her case. She probably can't be charged with unlawful disposal at this late date.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Are you saying that abortion clinics treat fetuses with respect. This baby could have been young enough for legal abortion. If a abortion clinic doesn't treat their fetus with respect , why should this lady be forced too?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I would assume that there are other factors involved here. It was mentioned she had bought abortion inducing drugs though there was no trace found in her system...

Unlike TV, in real life you are just never going to have 100% of the information and you have to make your best educated guess based on the facts you do have.

Fact #1, evidence of her attempting to buy abortion inducing drugs
Fact #2, she is educated and not a stupid person
Fact #3, baby was thrown in a dumpster
Fact #4, she drove herself to the emergency room "after" she had the presence of mind to dump the baby

I mean, what do we need, video evidence of her throwing a live baby in the trash?

Sorry, based on the above, I assume the jury was able to come to a just decision based on whatever else came out at trial. And based on the above I just have no problem with her being found guilty, and once she is found guilty, then punishment is a separate matter.

But their is still no proof she killed her baby. Before or after the baby was delivered. All the pills prove is she was thinking about abortion. They found no proof she had them in her system. Also it cost a lot of money to bury a baby's body, maybe she didn't have it. And that's why she threw the baby in the trash.

Upvote 0