New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
silly fad.
One of my little cousins is really into it. But students even in their twenties seem to be in it cos they were talking about it, it seems to not just be for children but for anyone who gets sucked in the latest thing with a smartphone.
I mean, flappy wings was the silliest game ever but anyone with an ipad was mindlessly playing it. I hope the novelty wears off soon. Apparently people are finding dead bodies with the pokemon thing, no wonder, pokemon is short for 'pocket monster' or 'pocket demon'.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
but they are no longer sitting alone in their basements on their video games...they are outside and walking...

I think it will eventually be banned because people are so stupid about it. However, I did see how it has helped physical therapy in hospitals get kids/teens up and ambulating when they wouldn't get out of bed before...just to catch a Pokemon.

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟86,783.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm having to have too many safe guarding chats with the students at school about not going out alone but the biggest worry for these kids is the fact that they do not realise that anyone can set up a pokemon zone for people to congregate to. So far thieves have cottoned onto this potential but it won't be long before other criminal elements do too, to lure unsuspecting players to secluded spots.

Sent from my cuckoo, la la mind ;-)

Upvote 0

James of Arc

Venomous Turtle
Supporter
Apr 4, 2016
✟30,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I don't know what the game is and I don't care what the game is but it is everywhere. My son and his friends set up a water station at Church yesterday and as pokemon people walked by they handed out water as a way to set up on opportunity to talk about Christ to them. I guess they had a good time.

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟206,708.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
My son and his friends set up a water station at Church yesterday and as pokemon people walked by they handed out water as a way to set up on opportunity to talk about Christ to them.

My church is apparently a Pokemon gym, as I think a lot of churches are, so my minister has said that he wants to do a similar sort of thing, but with coffee and hot chocolate (since it's winter here).

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
what a lot of you are missing is Pokémon came out in the mid 90s when these 20 and 30 somethings were kids... we forgot about Pokemon for years and this re-appears and sparks memories for many of us who had game boys with Pokémon red and blue and did the same thing then. Now, it's on our phones, no expensive gaming system required and the app was free to download. I play when I'm out in a park or something but not walking in the street.... I did catch one in a swimming pool though

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Why do you assume we have forgotten this? And it is multiple ages playing this game. My daughter was not alive in most of the 90s but all her friends are playing it. I have a 20something friend who laughed because half her friends are focused on getting married and raising kids and the other half are hunting Pokemon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

James of Arc

Venomous Turtle
Supporter
Apr 4, 2016
✟30,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
When I was a kid I woke and jumped on my bicycle and rode all day until it was dinner time, we did not need an app to tell us to go outside and play. If it was winter we walked to school in the snow and played outside 3 times a day for recess and then walked home. In the evening we were in sports, scouts and Church on Wed nights, not one of the 3 of sports and scouts and Church but all three, what app would that be now days?

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
When I was a kid I woke and jumped on my bicycle and rode all day until it was dinner time, we did not need an app to tell us to go outside and play. If it was winter we walked to school in the snow and played outside 3 times a day for recess and then walked home. In the evening we were in sports, scouts and Church on Wed nights, not one of the 3 of sports and scouts and Church but all three, what app would that be now days?

I suspect you didn't grow up in a world where both parents worked, you didn't know who your next door neighbors were, and there weren't missing kids faces showing up on your milk cartons and the news daily to scare your parents into being afraid to let you go outside without supervision. If you let a 10 year old child go to the park alone now a days, you can be arrested for not giving your child adequate supervision. The child might even be taken away by Child Protective Services (and put in a foster home that supervises him even less).

Upvote 0

James of Arc

Venomous Turtle
Supporter
Apr 4, 2016
✟30,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I suspect you didn't grow up in a world where both parents worked, you didn't know who your next door neighbors were, and there weren't missing kids faces showing up on your milk cartons and the news daily to scare your parents into being afraid to let you go outside without supervision. If you let a 10 year old child go to the park alone now a days, you can be arrested for not giving your child adequate supervision. The child might even be taken away by Child Protective Services (and put in a foster home that supervises him even less).

I don't remember ever seeing my parents as kids, we were out doing stuff and exploring, not waiting for mommy to tell us who to be afraid of.

I do once remember my mom telling us at the mall that me and my brother had to use the public restrooms as a pair because there was suppose to be a pervert exposing himself to little boys but other than that we were free children protected by Gods Grace and over all protection like traditional Americans were.

I remember that for awhile back in the early 70's that the public restrooms use to charge a dime to use the public restrooms. We just crawled under and let ourselves in, probably why they are no longer around.

Upvote 0