This Post Reveals How Early Racism Starts

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
A white woman's Facebook post about a "disturbing" incident with a group of black children on a train is causing some controversy on social media.

Davenport writes that as the group of black children boarded the train, another black adolescent traveling alone boarded at the same time and sat across from Davenport. The group was rowdy and loud, and apparently the train conductor asked them to quiet down. According to Davenport, an argument followed between the conductor and the children, prompting her to call another white train worker.

The train worker arrived, took a brief look the group, and to the astonishment of Davenport and other train riders, called the transit police. When the police arrived, they kicked the group off the train, but also attempted to force the black adolescent who was traveling solo to leave as well. He told them he wasn't with the group, but the officers didn't believe him. Davenport said the child was only allowed to stay on the train after she spoke up on his behalf.
I have yet to see the calling of the police to deal with loud obnoxious sports fans.

MennoSota

Sola Gratia
Dec 11, 2015
US
✟22,574.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
I have yet to see the calling of the police to deal with loud obnoxious sports fans.
Come to Minneapolis when the Green Bay Packers are in town. [emoji41]

I agree that the lumping of everyone by skin color is a very frustrating thing when the prejudice results in behavior toward you that is unwarranted.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have dealt with children of all different ethnicity. White, black, Mexican and other ethnicity. All kids are loud. I just tune them out.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
I was looking for local running paths in my city and found a post talking about a group of kids, three or four of them 10-13 range, that would jump and scream at joggers as they passed to scare them. One poster chimed in that the kids were black and started railing against black culture and how "they" raise their children.

Wouldn't you know it, I was running on this trail months later (I had run along this path many times without incident) and I saw a group of young kids doing exactly what was detailed by another person. Someone would run by, and they would scream at them. I think one jogger stopped and it looked like he wanted to hit them, but he ran on. They were white.

Kids do dumb and obnoxious things, the moment you attribute this to a "racial culture" or skin color, you descend into the realm of abject ignorance and racism.

The sad part about this story is that the police officer in this case made a blanket judgement and refused to listen unless another white person intervened. Imagine if he defended himself as vigorously as that woman defended him? You would have posters coming on here demanding he obey and say nothing. Meanwhile, they'll ignore the woman standing up for the kid (because her behavior is considered acceptable).

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You must not live in the Northeast or a major city.
Nope. We have this newfangled contraption called the "auto-mobile". It's like a carriage, but without horses.

Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Nope. We have this newfangled contraption called the "auto-mobile". It's like a carriage, but without horses.
I have a car too. But other people ride buses, walk, ride bikes and metro link. So they don't have to pay high prices in gas. Or maybe some people cant afford a monthly car payment, oil change, insurance, gas and tags every year. I'm lucky since I only have to pay 50 dollar a month for insurance. And 40 or 50 for gas a month and I paid of my car off. And a oil $40 plus oil change every 2000 miles. I hope nothing goes wrong with my car. If that happened, I will have to pay good money to fix it. Or spend a few hours getting to work(Monday through Friday)on the bus. The car only takes me 20 minutes.

Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private

I would have kicked them off the train too. There is absolutely nothing racist about removing passengers who are loud, obnoxious, and unable to behave in a civilized world. Those who don't like it are free to move to a less civilized country where their behavior is tolerated. I know many people who won't ride the bus because of the uncivilized people who ride the bus who have no respect for other riders. I praise the police and would like to see this happen more often.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,474,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would have kicked them off the train too. There is absolutely nothing racist about removing passengers who are loud, obnoxious, and unable to behave in a civilized world. Those who don't like it are free to move to a less civilized country where their behavior is tolerated. I know many people who won't ride the bus because of the uncivilized people who ride the bus who have no respect for other riders. I praise the police and would like to see this happen more often.

I guess you missed the point about the attempt to throw off the quiet black kid who was not with that group.

But having missed that point is an indication of something in itself.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟366,919.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I love Jane Elliott.
Honestly, if you want to REALLY understand the basic roots of racism in a culture, it starts with figuring out how children learn about it.
Her experiment clarified it. Every American has a chance to understand human relationships better by watching that show.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
I guess you missed the point about the attempt to throw off the quiet black kid who was not with that group.

I think that pretty much sums it up, the point of the story wasn't about noisy kids being thrown off a train, but that the black kid that had nothing to do with the "crime" was targeted. Just like James Blake had nothing to do with a crime he was being tackled and thrown to the ground for (because we all know someone suspected of credit card fraud should be violently tackled).

Reactions: MennoSota
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

So the cop identified the young boy with the group. If it was an old black man would the cops identified him as part of the group?
This crazy white women assumes that because she has never got caught breaking the law and the cop must be racist which is totally illogical. There is a lot of people who have broke the law without getting caught.

There is no evidence of racism in this case. Just more witch hunting.

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Let says a white person is a totally racist and hate blacks. If a black man breaks into his house and threaten his family life and he shot him dead. The fact he is racist is totally irrelevant. The white man is justified of shooting the black man.

Let say a different case a black man breaks into a white man's house and the man threaten him with a gun. The black man immediately takes off running out of the house and the white guy follows him and shot him many times in the back. This is murder no matter if the white guy is racist or not. In this case being racist only determine the degree of sentence not rather someone is guilty or not.
Racism is not a factor if someone guilty of breaking the law or not. It's only determine the motive after the crime has been committed and affects the degree of punishment.
Only God has the authority to judge a man's heart.

Last edited:
Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So the cop identified the young boy with the group. If it was an old black man would the cops identified him as part of the group?
This crazy white women assumes that because she has never got caught breaking the law and the cop must be racist which is totally illogical. There is a lot of people who have broke the law without getting caught.

There is no evidence of racism in this case. Just more witch hunting.
Just more of a stereotype issues. I've seen worse things, by people in my family on one my aunts side. My cousins boyfriends the worst. Pure racist and claim they're not. Sad.

Reactions: crjmurray
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,127.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Reactions: MWood