kidwboro

Aug 13, 2012
Little Neck, NY 11362
✟8,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Cast in all your living into the offering, and Jesus will say you cast in MORE than the rich men.

Behold the great Silicon Valley billionaires who gave billions of dollars to charitable institutions around the world. They clothed many a people. They fed many a people. They provided schools for many a children.

But if you cast in your entire living into the offering, Jesus Christ, who is the TRUTH, and the WAY, and the LIFE, will say about you: "He/she cast in more than all these rich men."

I have not yet attained that kind of faith, so I'm not one to preach. I still have money in bank accounts, I have a computer, and I have lots of clothes. But God-willing, I will have the faith that the poor widow had.

Let us all reach that kind of faith.

Amen.

Bobinator

Jul 30, 2007
✟11,899.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Paying your tithes and occasional offering will suffice, as far as Malachi 3 is concerned. I think that's challenging enough, as we do need sustenance to live and care for ourselves and our families. I don't think Jesus said to cast everything into the pot. Our faith and trust- yes, but not necessarily all our money, unless he specifically asks us to do so. He was just making a point and praising a poor woman's heart as she gave her tithe or offering.

Otherwise, I think you have the right idea about letting go of the cares of this world.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Paying your tithes and occasional offering will suffice, as far as Malachi 3 is concerned. I think that's challenging enough, as we do need sustenance to live and care for ourselves and our families. I don't think Jesus said to cast everything into the pot. Our faith and trust- yes, but not necessarily all our money, unless he specifically asks us to do so. He was just making a point and praising a poor woman's heart as she gave her tithe or offering.

Otherwise, I think you have the right idea about letting go of the cares of this world.

I think tithes are an Old Testament concept. I don't see them in the New Testament. But if Christians want to give even more than a tenth of their income as offerings, then this is good. (It's not obligatory, though.)

Upvote 0

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But if you cast in your entire living into the offering, Jesus Christ, who is the TRUTH, and the WAY, and the LIFE, will say about you: "He/she cast in more than all these rich men."

She didn't cast her entire "living" into the offering. She cast her "wealth" into the offering. The parable of the barns applies more to people in our type of economy, while the widow's offering applies more in subsistence economies.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
people who want to serve Yhvh, to follow Yahushua, don't get near as much truth nor revelation nor faith (if any; Yhvh knows; Yhvh decides)

if they don't willingly unhesitatingly renounce all their worldliness/ worldly 'support'/ society.....

they may still pay taxes, like Yahushua directed once at least, from a fishes mouth,
and may still work with their hands being dependent on no one, as Yhvh directs their steps... ... ... but they consider nothing their own, nor even their own life, as if to protect it... ... ... (as it is written in Scripture).

Upvote 0

Bobinator

Jul 30, 2007
✟11,899.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think tithes are an Old Testament concept. I don't see them in the New Testament. But if Christians want to give even more than a tenth of their income as offerings, then this is good. (It's not obligatory, though.)

So, was Abraham operating under the Old Law, or the Law of Faith? Because it was he who started the tithe.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yhvh said Abraham was justified and called righteous by his faith, and by his works, like Rahab.

if Abraham was here today and saw what people say and do ('christian' people), he'd go find and throw down the 2 stones in righteous anger like Moses did, and command people to turn from their wicked ways and return to the One True Elohim by faith in Yahushua at once.
oh,
of course Yhvh has already appointed men for that. they just can't post.

Upvote 0