Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Conscientious College Student Returns Home, Ruins Christmas "High And Mighty Ideas" Take Out All The Fun, Says Family EMMETT, ID – Danny Morales, a freshman at Phoenix Christian College, recently returned home to Emmett, Idaho for Christmas break—and promptly ruined the holiday for his entire family by suggesting they celebrate Christmas in a non-commercial way.

Linky

;)

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
cm24 said:
Ha! Exactly what would happen. Is this story true, or is it just to get a point across?

Well, I don't know about some people -- but we moved the gift exchange and the large meal to January 1 so as to keep the focus of Christmas on the commemoration of the birthday of Christ (after all, it's His birthday, not ours!).

Several people in my parish have started doing the same thing. I mentioned it to my very conservative sister and brother-in-law, and they started doing the same thing. They told several people in their church what we were doing and what they were doing, and THEY started implementing we're doing.

Frankly, I'd like to see a lot of people doing this and take the focus off Commercemas.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
UberLutheran said:
Well, I don't know about some people -- but we moved the gift exchange and the large meal to January 1 so as to keep the focus of Christmas on the commemoration of the birthday of Christ (after all, it's His birthday, not ours!).

Several people in my parish have started doing the same thing. I mentioned it to my very conservative sister and brother-in-law, and they started doing the same thing. They told several people in their church what we were doing and what they were doing, and THEY started implementing we're doing.

Frankly, I'd like to see a lot of people doing this and take the focus off Commercemas.

Plus, you can buy a lot of presents cheaper at the After Christmas sales. ;)

Upvote 0

HeyHomie

Senior Veteran
Jul 8, 2005
Springfield, IL
✟4,386.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Roman Soldier said:
The Onion? No, but just as hilarious.

I was unclear on whether it was a hoax site or not, until I read the article about Hank Hannegraff vs. Tim LaHaye. Now I'm convinced it's NOT a hoax site. ;)

Upvote 0