• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

This Aspie needs prayer

JennyPenny901

Dec 6, 2010
America
✟11,795.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For many years I have always wanted an earthly father. I know GOD is my heavenly Father and He is the perfect Father but still I have wanted an earthly father. So when I met my Pastor I won't say his name so I'll just call him Pastor T well I thought he was an answer to my prayers. Not only was he a compassionate Pastor he truly loved GOD and the congregation and when he preached he glowed with the Holy Spirit and GOD seemed so present when Pastor T spoke I almost expected to physically see Jesus standing there. He and I instintly clicked and I thought of him as a father figure from day one. I saw him as GOD's answer to my prayers for an earthly father. This was confirmed to me when Pastor T and his family knew this and accepted it. I was never told that was wrong so I took it as an answer to prayer. So for 5 years Pastor T has been my Pastor and an earthly father to me. Then this last Sunday a deacon announced that the Church council took a unanimous vote for Pastor T's immediate resignation as there was a disagreement not on anything moral or any disagreement on the Gospel but still a disagreement so they voted for the resignation. I called Pastor T and asked him about it he said it was true there was a disagreement between him and the Church council that it was nothing big or moral or anything about the Gospel. So due to this disagreement the only "choice" they gave him was be fired or resign. Pastor T described it as he felt being put between a rock and a hard place. Pastor T told me he had to write his resignation letter under duress. He said he wanted to announce what happened himself and say goodbye but the Church council wouldn't allow him to do that. I'm incredibly upset by this. When I found out about this when they announced it at Church I walked out of the service. I had a panic attack. I've cried many times about it and I'm still very upset and angry about it. I'm furious with the Church council in my eyes they have taken my Dad away. Pastor T has no idea I'm upset as I keep the emotion out of my voice when I talk to him if he saw me though my red puffy eyes would give me away. I just don't want Pastor T worried about me he probably has enough on his plate right now. He may have to move though cause of this and I don't want him to go. I'm scared I'm gonna lose my Dad I'm scared he's gonna disappear. I'm very upset. Please pray about this whole situation.

puddleglum3

Apr 14, 2016
Kansas
✟466.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Remember that even if your earthly father is being taken away your heavenly Father is still in control. All things, including the loss of the one you consider your earthly father, work together for your good if you are one of the called. God is using what you are going through to bring about ultimate good in your life and in that of Pastor T.

You knew Pastor T for five years. Some people go their entire lives without an earthly father. My father died when I was two years old and I have no memory of him at all, but God has enabled me to have a good life in spite of that. Rather than mourning his loss you should pray that God will guide him into another place of service and look for the good that God plans to bring into your life to replace him.

Upvote 0

AriseMyDarling

Mar 12, 2016
Georgia
✟7,729.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Praying for you both.

It's a shame that the Church isn't always filled with God's agents :(

I agree with hopeandgrace that you can still speak over Skype. Honestly, I don't think you need to control your emotions when you talk to him. He would be touched to know how much he has enriched your life in those 5 years.

Can't help thinking that Jesus too was persecuted and was only here for a short time! Maybe he heard your prayers for an earthly father :)

Upvote 0

JennyPenny901

Dec 6, 2010
America
✟11,795.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here is an update. Pastor T has started a Church plant nearby so I go to that Church now so I see him every Sunday praise GOD. I also now have his cell number which he gave to the whole congregation. I also have his email address. He has also moved and now lives almost next door to me so now I get to see him even more. Thank you all for your prayers. :)

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0