South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

What do you believe in what it means to think on all of these things? My video is rather short. I wonder if it should have been longer. Sometimes that is hard to do, to think on those things. I have OCD and I think it is getting worse. I realize that it is in scripture and I am a believer, so why is it so hard to think on things that are in scripture without trying to overlook what is going on in the world or ignore our own problems even?

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
why is it so hard to think on things that are in scripture without trying to overlook what is going on in the world or ignore our own problems even?
It is not hard; it is "impossible" >

"But He said, 'The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.'" (Luke 18:27)

So, Lik :) without God, it is impossible for any of us to keep our mind on things above.

"Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth." (Colossians 3:15)

So, we are in this together; you are not alone. And with God we can help each other.

Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think if you suffer from OCD as so many people seem to do the best thing is to get rid of your television. It seems like every OCD person I know spent too much time watching tv in younger years and is kinda conditioned by commercials telling them what to do all the time.

Read psalm 101.

Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

What do you believe in what it means to think on all of these things? My video is rather short. I wonder if it should have been longer. Sometimes that is hard to do, to think on those things. I have OCD and I think it is getting worse. I realize that it is in scripture and I am a believer, so why is it so hard to think on things that are in scripture without trying to overlook what is going on in the world or ignore our own problems even?
What a great question. This fallen world and all the evil that happens in it is in accordance with God's grand design for His Creation. He is determined to glorify His name which He is doing now in His church and will consummate when His Son returns. Therefore, we leave it all in God's hands. In spite of all the evil in this world we need to remember Jesus is building His church and the gates of Hell will not prevail against it. God is working all things out for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. Therefore, we need to view these troubles, including our own and especially our sins, in light of who Jesus is and what He has accomplished.
Paul says think on these things and the the God of peace will be with you. But what is he really saying? Obviously Jesus is the true and only reason that we have peace with God. Therefore, thinking on these things ultimately means, thinking on Jesus since He is the reason these things exist and the great source from which these things flow.

Upvote 0