Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Depends. Are we speaking of the Church as the local church, or universal church? If you are a Christian, you are undoubtedly part of the Church. If you aren't, then you have no claim to being part of the Church.

But if we're talking about being a local church, we can't honestly say not attending cuts you off from Christ. That path ends with madness. Are shut ins cut off from Christ because they don't attend meetings at a local church?

Cross,

You wouldn't make this kind of comment if you understood the first post of this thread. It's talking about the 'Dones'. See: http://www.christianforums.com/t7858223/

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2015
✟7,651.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Cross,

You wouldn't make this kind of comment if you understood the first post of this thread. It's talking about the 'Dones'. See:

I understand the point of the thread. I was addressing your post in particular.

My point remains that I can understand why some people are "done". But we can't give up yet. Not with so much hanging in the balance.

Upvote 0
Oct 25, 2013
Province of Ontario, Canada.
✟8,323.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I haven't been back to Church for quite some time. I don't drive and had to take a school bus that picks up adult and children for the service. Got sick of that, and not having hardly any time after the service to chat with anyone.

The Baptist church was a big beautiful one. I really liked the Pastor as well.

I re-injured my back a couple of months ago and had to see a chiropractor. So, I also hadn't been able to do any charity work at the Salvation army mission in my area. Not too sure if I can do any bending, and lifting heavy things anymore? Prior to the injury I had been lifting heavy garbage bags and sometimes up to 50 LBS sacks of potatoes and other veggies.

I find myself now just praying at home, reading the Bible at times and watching In Touch with Dr. Charles Stanley on the weekends.

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I understand the point of the thread. I was addressing your post in particular.

My point remains that I can understand why some people are "done". But we can't give up yet. Not with so much hanging in the balance.

So what's hanging in the balance for the 'Dones' with the local church?

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I haven't been back to Church for quite some time. I don't drive and had to take a school bus that picks up adult and children for the service. Got sick of that, and not having hardly any time after the service to chat with anyone.

The Baptist church was a big beautiful one. I really liked the Pastor as well.

I re-injured my back a couple of months ago and had to see a chiropractor. So, I also hadn't been able to do any charity work at the Salvation army mission in my area. Not too sure if I can do any bending, and lifting heavy things anymore? Prior to the injury I had been lifting heavy garbage bags and sometimes up to 50 LBS sacks of potatoes and other veggies.

I find myself now just praying at home, reading the Bible at times and watching In Touch with Dr. Charles Stanley on the weekends.

And I think that our compassionate Lord understands your situation. Are you interested in and is someone available to take you to a mid-week group, whether that be called a Bible study group, Growth group, etc?

How are you going to get actual fellowship with other believers? Or is that not important?

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2015
✟7,651.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
So what's hanging in the balance for the 'Dones' with the local church?

We don't know. That's why it is so vital for us to solve this problem. Members need to seek revival and the "Dones" need to come back with the realization that you can't love Jesus without loving the Body of Christ.

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
We don't know. That's why it is so vital for us to solve this problem. Members need to seek revival and the "Dones" need to come back with the realization that you can't love Jesus without loving the Body of Christ.

Isn't it possible to love the body of Christ but be fed up with what is happening at the local church level?

In my part of the world, I don't see the church as being interested in dealing with what has caused people to enter the realm of the 'Dones'.

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2015
✟7,651.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Isn't it possible to love the body of Christ but be fed up with what is happening at the local church level?

In my part of the world, I don't see the church as being interested in dealing with what has caused people to enter the realm of the 'Dones'.

It's absolutely possible. But when our Lord was fed up with what was happening down on Earth, he didn't get up and leave. He came down to fix the problem.

If the "Dones" love the Christ, then they must love his Body. If they love his Body, they will not abandon it.

But I can understand the frustration of the "Dones", which is why this reconciliation is a two-part effort. The Church members must be willing to change so that the Gospel becomes a light to the surrounding communities.

We should pray to our Father that our hearts will be changed. We must have unity, now more than ever.

Upvote 0
Oct 25, 2013
Province of Ontario, Canada.
✟8,323.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
And I think that our compassionate Lord understands your situation. Are you interested in and is someone available to take you to a mid-week group, whether that be called a Bible study group, Growth group, etc?

How are you going to get actual fellowship with other believers? Or is that not important?

I'm glad you brought that up, and it's a good question.

I'm not going to church because I disliked it or didn't believe in what
the Pastor was preaching.

Perhaps it's just laziness? I don't want to get up early in the morning, waiting for a schoolbus almost filled with kids to take me to church?
When the congregation is over, we have very little time, approximately
ten minutes before we have to hop back onto the schoolbus to take us
back to our homes. I would have preferred to have stayed around and chatted with other church member's a little longer.

The singing, prayers and worship I enjoyed.

A person I know on FB started going to the church, told me about it, and gave me the number to have the schoolbus pick me up on Sunday Mornings. She takes it with her kids.

I guess I would feel embarrassed or guilty if I show up with someone else.

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I'm glad you brought that up, and it's a good question.

I'm not going to church because I disliked it or didn't believe in what
the Pastor was preaching.

Perhaps it's just laziness? I don't want to get up early in the morning, waiting for a schoolbus almost filled with kids to take me to church?
When the congregation is over, we have very little time, approximately
ten minutes before we have to hop back onto the schoolbus to take us
back to our homes. I would have preferred to have stayed around and chatted with other church member's a little longer.

The singing, prayers and worship I enjoyed.

A person I know on FB started going to the church, told me about it, and gave me the number to have the schoolbus pick me up on Sunday Mornings. She takes it with her kids.

I guess I would feel embarrassed or guilty if I show up with someone else.

I don't know your individual situation, but this site tells me that Barrie, Ont has a population of 135,000. I'm thinking of getting someone to personally come to your house to pick you up to take you to church. If you sent me a private message, we could discuss church possibilities near to where you live where you might be able to get to a church group regularly or semi-regularly.

Because I'm ordained with an evangelical baptistic denomination, I could make contact with that denomination in your region to see what could be arranged to get someone to pick you up.

Oz

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums