Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This is not going to be very biblical account if at all, it is just something I see in mankind. You are welcome to post and add anything you want.

What started this deep thought was I was watching the movie interstellar, for those who have not seen it and want to skip to next paragraph. The movie is basically man destroy the world and reaches the height of God and saves them self.

It got me thinking how man wanted to be God. I thought at first man wanted to be God, but i could not admit it. I reason in the garden that Adam and Eve wanted to be like God is all, that their intention were good, but that is not true. The truth is mankind wanted to be gods. It is the sin pride of life. I did not understand what that meant until now, they had so much pride they wanted to be gods. You don't have to look far in the world to see it. It is every where mankind wanting to be gods, they boast at how great they are every where. I thought women did not have the same issue with pride, until speaking with some women today who told me my God was a joke. These women laugh saying I don't think a woman every spoke to him in that way. No, these are not women at all, at least not what I think of as a lady. I never new that women could be even more prideful then men, it shock me.

Its in many of the movies of mankind, man, woman the hero, in all the super hero movies man gains power and becomes like gods and saves the world, man saves him self, woman saves man, man saves woman, woman save woman. man saves the world. its in music to boastful and prideful, songs are song about the greatness of man and woman. its everywhere in are culture.

I am guilty. I have such pride i would seek to be a god my self if it were not for the true God i would be a god in my own mind just like everyone else. and so i could not admit because i too have this desire that mankind wanted to be gods but its true. Science promises us that mankind will be gods one day that we will save our self. I rebel, I rebel against my self for desiring such a think. I rebel against this world, because that is what this world is all about. It should have a slogan that reads welcome to earth here you can be your own god.

So I love my self but also hate my self. I hate this sinful nature that rebels against God and i rebel against my self. What is wrong with Christians people ask, we are at war in ourselves. Don't be at war with you self the world says it does not feel good, do what feels good. That is what it means to take up our cross. to go to war with part of our self that is no longer part of us because we have been reborn but sin lives in us so we are at war. it is what Paul was trying to put into words. You may think I am a horrible person, I am, and you are to whether or not you admit it is another story. You know how i can say i am a horrible person a wretched soul, that i can admit the truth about me. Because I am forgive by God. See I can handle the truth about me, because no matter how bad the truth I know God has already forgiven me and if not all I have to ever do is ask God to forgive me and He will. So I can take the truth but not the punishment. Jesus paid my debt and everyone debt that ask Him too. Trust me you can't take the punishment no matter what you think. I saw it in my son who said if he was wrong about God he would go to hell and face the punishment, he could take it. I saw as his life hang in the balance, he was going to face hell on earth. In a moment, God spoke to me that he might offer him mercy, my son, I asked my son, told my son. i said I hope you see now you can not pay the price, you new what you were doing is wrong and you said to about that you would pay the price. i hope you see you can not pay that price and you can not pay the price of hell either. In that movement he said No I can not pay the price, and God took mercy on him before he was done with the words. Now he might get away with out going through hell here on earth. The other night he came to me asking me about God, to my surprise he recalled many things I had told him about God. Now he is not saved, by God is working on him hard.

Jesus saved mankind man wants to save himself. sin of pride. The down fall of satan the first sin was that of pride. Sin of pride is the original sin. are you picking up what i am putting down? pride is our down fall. Do you know what the Prophets had? They were humble God conquered their pride for them and they lived a blessed life because of it. What is wrong with Christians? we are at war with our self, with our own pride.

How do you follow God? You must humble your self, lay down pride, your first battle and life long battle is one with pride. Men and women, and our children.

Truth helps, you can change nothing, pray for nothing if you are not in reality. Truth is that reality. Be truthful with your self and with God, He know the truth already, He has seen everything in your life.All you ever have to do is ask for forgiveness from God and you have it. Be honest with you no one else knows. just you and God. Don't be afraid to admit your faults before God, it pleases God, God calls us to do it. Another name for The Holy Spirit is The Spirit of Truth. Start with the truth.

I wish i could tell you what to do with your pride I am still working on that. I know what God has shown me. To avoid being destroy or a harsh correction from God. when you are prideful stop ask God for forgiveness and just start praising Him. God hates pride. Pride is the enemy. Pride brings harsh correction over and over again i have learned this.Don't do it to your self Brother or Sister. Pray.

Remember what caused us to sin in the first place we wanted to be gods. This is what will be used against you over and over by the enemy. He got us once and the first law of strategy is you don't change what works. You alter it the are infinite various on one strategy but the core remains the same. If you know the core you have the key to all variations of the strategy.The core is Sin of Pride. Be aware.

If you read all that God bless you, I will end it now as this is vary long. I was move by God so I wrote. serve God don't be your own false god.

Peace and Love
blu

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
24 Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.
Romans 7:24-25

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
24 Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.
Romans 7:24-25

:thumbsup: what translation is that I have not heard it put that way.

Upvote 0