These are no mere "tricks", but are an act of the will of God...

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,787.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I have a friend, who does magic tricks with Coins, cards, and other tricks, He tries them on me frequantly, and they baffle the mind, at first, then he shows you how it's done and say "It's all about slight of hand, or creating an illusion (or a deception) or/by the (power of) suggestion, based upon the art of prediction, and then, I asked him one day out of curiosity, if he thought that this was a kind of power that Jesus had, or whether or not he believed in the supernatural abilities of Jesus Christ?

He said he didn't know, and wasn't sure...? Are a lot of magicians skeptics, or not?

I propose that these miracles and supernatural happenings, Jesus performed, are no mere "tricks", but are an act of the will of God... As are some things in the O.T, true real, an act of the will of God, not some phony "tricks" From that we can discern the will of God can we not? I think part of the will of God for us is "repent!"...

Thoughts, Opinions, Ideas? Agree? Disagree?

God Bless!

Last edited:

Ted Lang

Checking Out SOON!
Jul 13, 2014
✟497.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are a lot of magicians skeptics, or not?

Like many musicians and other entertainers in today's world... many magicians have literally sold their soul to satan for the opportunity to receive demonic help to master their craft as well as obtain fame and wealth.

Not to mention some magicians are actively calling on demons to do magic and I'd be careful with your friend because engaging in slight of hand tricks is opening one's self up to deceptive spirits that will seek to take him deeper in to darkness.

If he's not careful, he will fall hook line and sinker for some demonic control to take over his life and the deception is the devil does it without it looking obvious or evil and will pass it off as good clean wholesome fun.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,787.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Like many musicians and other entertainers in today's world... many magicians have literally sold their soul to satan for the opportunity to receive demonic help to master their craft as well as obtain fame and wealth.

Not to mention some magicians are actively calling on demons to do magic and I'd be careful with your friend because engaging in slight of hand tricks is opening one's self up to deceptive spirits that will seek to take him deeper in to darkness.

If he's not careful, he will fall hook line and sinker for some demonic control to take over his life and the deception is the devil does it without it looking obvious or evil and will pass it off as good clean wholesome fun.

My friend is quite the opposite of believing that he is messing with demons, he watches videos about how major magic tricks are done and exposed as being mere huxtorism, and his only danger in being deceived by Satan, is in that believing that all magic tricks and mainly Jesus miracles, like magic tricks are all logically explainable, and he believe that their is no such thing as the truly supernatural power of God, the afterlife, or power acting from another side, another dimension, on top of this one...

He has been (something has been trying on him) to make him so skeptical of God's power (miracles) through what he's learning about magic, that he denies that any such thing could ever happen...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,787.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If he is skeptical of God's power... then those devils have already invaded his mind!

Oops!

Well, as I said earlier, he said he wasn't sure when I asked him about Jesus acts and some of the miracles/supernatural wonders, in the Bible, so they haven't deceived him completely, yet...

He admits, that even with his knowledge about magic, he has great difficulty trying to "explain away" some (most) of the things spoken about in the Bible.

If Satan cannot deceive you or get you to believe that he is the source (over Christ, and God) of supernatural power and ability, and keep your focus and the source of your fear on him, instead of Christ or God, then he will go another route and deceive you by making you believe that their is any such thing as any kind of supernatural power whatsoever, and keep you in the dark and blind.

One of his greatest tricks to get magicians not to believe, is to use their knowledge that all magic is based on tricks and mere huxtorism and illusion based on prediction, anyways his greatest trick against magicians is to get them to believe that this is how any supernatural power comes about, is by the art of deception (essentially)...

My friend believes in the power of the mind and the power of belief and "mind over matter" type stuff. So he believes that if you start out with one trick, that may start out as a deception (a mere "trick" an illusion) and that if a person sees you do it... I'll take the example of walking on the water... There are some who say that the water in the sea of Galilee was so salty (had such a high saline content) that there were certain rocks that would actually float and you could walk on them, and make it appear that you were walking on water, when, in actuality, you were stepping on floating rocks (

Now this is not my opinion, but it is a long stretch (in my opinion) by others who don't buy into any kind of supernatural power, and think everything can be logically explained away. But (then I would ask them) how was Peter able to step out of the boat and walk on water towards Jesus, for a few steps... My friend would say that that could be logically explained away with the power of the mind, and belief...

Peter saw Jesus do it (regardless of whether it was a trick or not) and Peter so believed that he could do it too, at Jesus beckoning, and this is how he would explain this miracle away... But if that is so, why can't modern day magicians do something that another person thinks is impossible, and then the magician say to them "OK, now, you do it" and the person who attempts to do it, does not succeed... Why? Does this negate the power of belief, or not?

Is the reason many other people were able to do and perform some of the same feats Jesus did... Was it do to the fact that they 100% fully "believed" him, and it therefore became a reality to them, or not? Or was it just because Jesus was able to bestow this power/ability to anyone he chose?

Jesus did ask many of the people he was about to perform a miracle for; He would ask them "Do you believe I can do this" before he did it, and this was not for his benefit, but for ours, to show what the power of 100% true, real, faith/belief could do (is capable of) but only through him (in my opinion)...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are some who say that the water in the sea of Galilee was so salty (had such a high saline content) that there were certain rocks that would actually float and you could walk on them, and make it appear that you were walking on water, when, in actuality, you were stepping on floating rocks (

The "some" who say that would be wrong. I think they were pulling your leg. Floating wood would be a better way to explain away that miracle.

Of course, there's also the Aquaman explanation:

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110605045333/marvel_dc/images/b/be/Aquaman_0031.jpg

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,787.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The "some" who say that would be wrong. I think they were pulling your leg. Floating wood would be a better way to explain away that miracle.

Of course, there's also the Aquaman explanation:

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110605045333/marvel_dc/images/b/be/Aquaman_0031.jpg

As I said, the floating rocks theory is not my opinion, I saw it on a TV show, it is the far reaching severely stretched out opinion of those who wish to logically try and explain away Jesus miracles...

In the TV show they tested the theory on a salty lake in Arizona, and a man walked on the floating rocks, but I don't buy it in the least, to me, Jesus miracles were real and cannot be logically explained away, to the frustration of doubters...

What do you think of mind over matter, the power of belief/mind, "I think, therefore I am" hypothesis that I mentioned in post #5? Can a person be tricked into doing the impossible simply by the power of believing, or not?
Is there a way to test this?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

jax5434

Nov 27, 2007
✟31,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If there were floating rocks on the lake that people could walk on; wouldn't the people (certainly the fishermen) know about them? And if so why would Peter think it so miraculous that he included it in his gospel? Some times skeptics are so desperate to discredit the gospels that they lose their common sense.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,787.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If there were floating rocks on the lake that people could walk on; wouldn't the people (certainly the fishermen) know about them? And if so why would Peter think it so miraculous that he included it in his gospel? Some times skeptics are so desperate to discredit the gospels that they lose their common sense.

I agree, it was quite a stretch to say the least, but some people just can't handle things that aren't logically explainable, so they stretch every act that defy's logic, saying to themselves, "that's impossible, there has to be some logical explanation" So, they try everything they can think of to logically explain it away, so they don't have to deal with the reality of the supernatural...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Angelquill

Bard of Angels
Jul 20, 2014
Following a Jewish carpenter...
✟2,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I'm reading this thread, with my jaw literally dropping every few seconds.

Someone is actually comparing the miracles of Jesus to "card tricks"????? That would be funny, if it weren't so sad...

Could there really be water so salty that rocks could float...and a fully grown man could walk on them???????? Someone actually claimed this?
Salty lakes in Arizona? Are you sure you don't mean the Great Salt Lake in Utah? That's some pretty salty water...full of little "sea monkeys"...and, at least the part we visited when my kids were small, was so shallow you could walk out quite a ways...but I do assure you, there were no rocks floating in it.
Driftwood? Tell me, have you ever tried to walk on floating driftwood?

Anyone who would believe any of this nonsense just might have demon trouble.
Now, it is not my intention to offend anyone...but I'm just having a real problem believing that this is a serious thread. It's not like I haven't seen some totally ridiculous attempts to "explain away" the miracles of God before...I think we all have...but "floating rocks"???? Really??????????

Last edited:
Upvote 0