alex2165

Jan 2, 2014
✟11,292.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
THERE IS ONLY ONE LAW FOR ALL.

This post may serve as the answer to the previous thread posted by Porque: “Which is the Law of GOD.”

Porgue wrote:
“These are the commandments of the Gospel, which are very different to the commandments of the Old Testament, for all the commandments of the Gospel are merciful,”
Porgue presented following statements as a proof of his words.

Matthew 7.12
12.”Therefore, you want people to treat you, so treat them, this is the Law and the prophets.”

Matthew 7.12, summarizes all the Commandments of the Law of Moses there it said, “Do not…”, starting from the Ten Commandments and all the way down through the entire Law and the prophets, because none of us would wish to experience on himself those ,”Do not…” Commands, some of which sometimes we do to others.

And below I presented supportive statements of certain actions of how the Commandment of Matthew 7.12 works. So it is absolutely obvious that in Matthew 12.7 Jesus repeated Commandment of the Law of Moses, just like He has done in all His speeches and Commandments.

Deuteronomy 19.21
21.”Show no pity, life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot."

Judges 1.7
Defeat of the Canaanite king Adonibezek by Judah, and the Judgment of GOD upon him.
7.Adonibezek said, "Seventy kings with their thumbs and big toes cut off used to pick up scraps under my table, as I have done so GOD has paid me back."

And there are numerous other examples in the Old Testament, all of which relate to the Matthew 7.12.

Jesus never said, declared, stated, or commanded anything from Himself, but every word He said and every statement He ever issued all came from the Spiritual Commandments of the Law of Moses.
And because of it, Jesus’ Gospel is not something completely new or different, but it is a repeat of all Spiritual Statutes and Commandments of the Law of Moses and nothing else.
And the Epistle of John confirms it like no any other Epistle in the Bible, there Jesus numerous times declared that He speaks and does things not from Himself but that comes from His Father in Heaven.

Jesus is not the Law-Maker, He is the GOD’S Law-Deliverer, just like Moses before Him.

Porgue also presented and these following statements.

Matthew 12.7
7.”But if you had known what this means, 'I desire compassion and not a sacrifice', you would not have condemned the innocent.”

Matthew 12.7 is the Statement of the Old Testament and not of Jesus Christ.
(1Samuel 15.22) (Psalm 51.16-17) (Proverbs 21.3.27) (Ecclesiastes 5.1) (Hosea 6.6) (Isaiah 1.11-20) (Jeremiah 6.20) (Amos 5.21-24) (Micah 6.6-8) (Zechariah 7.2-4.9-10)

Matthew 22.34-40
37.And He said to him, "You shall love the Lord your GOD with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.'
(Exodus 20.6) (Deuteronomy 6.5, 30.2.6.10.16.20)
38.This is the great and foremost Commandment. (of 10 Commandments of Moses)

39.The second is like it, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' (Leviticus 19.18)
40.On these Two Commandments depend the whole Law (Law of Moses) and the prophets." (And the Gospel of Jesus Christ as well.)

Exodus 20.6
Commandment 2
6.”but showing love to the thousandth generations of those who Love Me and keep My Commandments.

Commandment 5
12.Honor your father and your mother, so that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your GOD is giving you.

Commandment 10
17.You shall not wish your neighbor's house, you shall not wish your neighbor's wife, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.”

Porgue wrote:
“These are the commandments of the Gospel, which are very different to the commandments of the Old Testament, “

So where you see here that the Gospel of Christ is different than the Law of Moses and the prophets?

And here you are really contradicting yourself by placing Matthew 19.16-22 in your thread.

Matthew 19.16-22
16.And one came to Him and said, "Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may obtain eternal life?"
17.And He said to him, "Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One Who is good, but if you wish to enter into life, keep the Commandments."

What Commandment? The Commandments of the Law of Moses of course.

18.He said to Him, "Which ones?" And Jesus said, "You shall not commit murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not bear false witness (Exodus 20.13-16) (Deuteronomy 5.17-20),
19.honor your father and mother (Exodus 20.12) (Deuteronomy 5.16), and you shall love your neighbor as yourself." (Leviticus 19.17-18)

So what the young man need to obtain Eternal Life? He needs to observe 6 out of 10 Commandments of the Law of Moses which Jesus told him in order to obtain Eternal Life.

20.The young man said to Him, "All these things I have kept, what am I still lacking?"

So according to Jesus answer, and to the young man who kept the 10 Commandments, Jesus Christ does not dispute the answer of the young man, and the young man up to this point is saved and would obtain Eternal Life if He will keep 10 Commandments to the end.

But the young man to make sure that nothing is missing and this is enough to obtain Eternal Life asked Jesus what else is required?

21.Jesus said to him, "*If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you shall have treasure in Heaven, and come follow Me."

*In some Bibles this sentence translated differently, “If you wish to be perfect”, and “One thing you lock”.

By this proposal to already saved man Jesus let the young man know that beside to be saved for Eternal Life he may achieve much more than salvation by doing the ultimate act of faith, to drop everything and to follow Him.

And all of these clearly show that Jesus Christ said nothing according to His Own Will, but always quoted the Spiritual Commandments of the Law of Moses and the prophets, and this is was His Gospel which He delivered to us, and nothing else.

Porque wrote:
“but many Old Testament commandments commands death sentences, wars and slavery.”

You are blasphemies GOD, because if the Law of GOD is death, sentences, wars, and slavery, so and the GOD Himself is as such as He wrote His Law.

And here is one out of many praises of the Spiritual Commandments of the Law of GOD, which is today known to us as the Spiritual Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Psalms 19.7-11
7.The Law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul, the decrees of the Lord are sure making wise the simple,
8.the precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart, the Commandment of the Lord is clear, enlightening the eyes,
9.the fear of the Lord is pure enduring forever, the Ordinances of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
10.More to be desired are they than gold, even much fine gold, sweeter also than honey, and droppings of the honeycomb.
11.Moreover by them is Your servant warned, in keeping them there is great reward.

And because you do not understand the Spiritual Law of Moses and the prophets, you condemned not only GOD Father, you also condemned and the Spiritual Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Christ Himself, because it is the same Spiritual Law.

F

fozzy

The old covenant including the ten commandments were abolished at the cross. The ten commandments were carnal commandments which means they were for sinners. The spiritual nature of the law is revealed in God's love which is from above. This is what we are under now and what we will be judged by at the last day. Sinners cannot do God's love no matter how hard they try for a million years. It is a gift and is what leads us to repentance.

Upvote 0

Bramwell

Oct 24, 2012
✟8,411.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Alex,

I notice that you are arguing Jesus and Moses' commandments are the same. It's ironic, because you reference passages where Jesus does in fact change Old Testament commands.

Referencing one of your examples, Moses commanded a cheek for a cheek. (Deuteronomy 19:21) But Jesus said don't do this; rather turn the other cheek. (Matthew 5:38-39)

Moses allowed for divorce in the Old Testament. But Jesus outlawed this. (Matthew 5:31-32)

Jesus gave His disciples a new commandment, which went beyond the Ten Commandments as given through Moses. This new commandment was, as you may expect, about love; but Jesus raised the standard. He said for us to love one another as He loved us. That raises the bar. (John 13: 34)

A couple of chapters later, in the same gospel of John, Jesus proclaims that there is no greater love than to lay down one's life for a friend. This is the kind of love Jesus showed, laying down His life for us on the cross. And He calls on us to show the same type of love for one another.

So, there you have it; that's the call. How many people are willing to heed such a call, however, is an entirely different question.

Upvote 0

alex2165

Jan 2, 2014
✟11,292.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Bramwell.

You wrote:
"Referencing one of your examples, Moses commanded a cheek for a cheek. (Deuteronomy 19:21) But Jesus said don't do this; rather turn the other cheek. (Matthew 5:38-39)"

Matthew 5.38-39
38.You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth', (Exodus 21.24) (Leviticus 24 20) (Deuteronomy 19.21)
39.but I say to you, do not resist him who is evil, but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also. (Matthew 5.39) (Luke 6.29).

Leviticus 19.18
18.You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against any of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.

Proverbs 11.12
12.Whoever belittles (mock, ridiculed) another lacks sense, but an intelligent person remains silent.

Proverbs 20.22
22.Do not say, "I will repay evil," wait for the Lord and He will help you.

Proverbs 24.29
29.Do not say, “I will do to others as they have done to me, I will pay them back for what they have done."

Proverbs 25.21-22
21.If your enemies are hungry give them bread to eat, and if they are thirsty give them water to drink,
22.you will heap coals of fire on their heads, and the Lord will reward you.

Isaiah 50.6
6.I gave my back to those who strike me, and my cheeks to those who pluck out the beard, I did not cover my face from humiliation and spitting.

Lamentations 3.30
30.Let him give his cheek to the smiter, let him be filled with reproach.

You wrote:
"Moses allowed for divorce in the Old Testament. But Jesus outlawed this. (Matthew 5:31-32)"

Matthew 5.31-32
31.And it was said, 'Whoever sends his wife away, let him give her a Certificate of Divorce', (Deuteronomy 24.1-4) (Matthew 5.31, 19.4-7-8-12) (Mark 10.2-4-5-12)
32.but I say to you, that everyone who divorces his wife, except for the cause of unchastity (unfaithfulness), makes her commit adultery, and who ever marries a divorced woman commits adultery. (Matthew 5.31-32, 19.3-12) (Luke 16.18) (1Corinthians 7.1-10-17.25-39-40) (Jeremiah 3.1)

Malachi 2.16
16.”I have hate divorce”, says the Lord the GOD of Israel, “And him who covers his garment with wrong”, says the Lord of hosts. So take heed to your spirit, that you do not deal treacherously.

So what is new here that Jesus forbid divorce? GOD Father never issued any of the divorce ordinances because it was not in His plans. But GOD allowed Moses to issue a statute of divorce and we know the reason why.

Matthew 19.8
8.He said to them, “It was because you were so hard-hearted that Moses allowed you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so.”

And this is the statute of Moses concerning divorce which Jesus Christ had nullified, but not of any statutes of His Father. So Jesus did not issue anything new or different in this matter, He simply turned back to the original Covenant of marriage without any exemptions for divorce (except unfaithfulness), so Jesus upholds the original Law of His Father concerning marriage and nothing more.

You wrote:
"Jesus gave His disciples a new commandment, which went beyond the Ten Commandments as given through Moses. This new commandment was, as you may expect, about love; but Jesus raised the standard. He said for us to love one another as He loved us. That raises the bar. (John 13: 34)"

John 13.34-35
34.A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
35.By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

How come you wrote that this statue concerning love which Jesus Christ said to His Apostles went beyond 10 Commandments? It is a statute of 10 Ten Commandments, and of the entire Old Testament, and of the prophets.

Jesus called it new because He issued it to His Apostles (verse 35 which is you did not indicated) in order to put aside all their differences, quarrels, and arguments between His disciples, so they will do their mission based on love.

Indeed it is a new Commandment for Apostles, because were no Apostles in the time of the Old Testament, and it became a new Commandment to them, as to Apostles, but it is not new to the Law of Moses and all the prophets.

Above all, according to such statute of Love of the 10 Commandments as to Love your GOD, and to Love your parents and your neighbor as yourself, Apostles should love one another anyway without any additional statutes concerning love but according to the Law of Moses, without Jesus’ additional Command.

But for their own sake Jesus repeated to them the Commandment of Love of the Law of Moses, so they will stay unified and integrated in love for one another, and achieves their purpose and mission in Christ.

And here some additional places concerning Love of the Law:

Love your neighbor and love one another: (Leviticus 19.18.34) (Deuteronomy 10.19) (Proverbs 25..21-22) (Matthew 5.43-44, 19.19, 22.39) (Mark 12.31.33) (Luke 10.27-28) (John 13.34, 15.12-13) (To Romans 13.9-10) (Galatians 5.14) (James 2.8) (1John 3.10-11, 4.7-8.11.21) (2John 1.5)

Love your enemies and do good to them: (2Kings 6.22-23) (2Chronicles 28.14-15) (Proverbs 25.21-22) (Matthew 5.43-45) (Luke 6.27-28.35-36) (To Romans 12.20-21)

So in this case you did not prove your point, and according to all the evidence I presented here, all the statutes and commandments of Jesus Christ have been taken from the 10 Commandments, the Law of Moses, and the prophets.

Jesus summarizes many Spiritual Commandments of the of Moses into a single statement, so He not have to repeat all those numerous Commandment one by one, but combined them in one particular declaration exposing the true essence and the meaning of those Commandments of the Law.

So the Spiritual Commandments of the Law of Moses are the same Spiritual Commandments of the Gospel of Christ.

Upvote 0